Name One Thing I Ever Did Wrong

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Name One Thing I Ever Did Wrong

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:28 am

dave esmond wrote:
AlternativeVoice wrote:Wow... string me up right now, huh?

You seriously defend comparing being a repub leader in Dane county to being a civil rights leader in 1960 Alabama. Then you pull the lynching reference.

Classy.

Stop hijacking the thread. The point of this thread is why I should be banned. And all people have come up with are opinions that they disagree with me on.

Besides, I didn't compare Republicans in Dane County to southern black leaders. I compared them to homosexual leaders. I compared coming out as a Republican here to coming out as gay in the 1950s south. That's a much better comparison.

But again, even if you disagree, it's an OPINION. Since when are forums in the business for banning somebody for having an opinion? Especially in a place where people are as nasty and cruel as marvell and fisticuffs.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:32 am

Here is jjoyce's response to this, in an e-mail after I asked him to come clean and admit that he just didn't personally like me and that I never broke any rules:

-------------------------
"Dan",

While we're being honest, it's laughable that you somehow equate people's criticism of the username "alternative voice" with a "smear" or personal attack. It's obvious from reading any two sentences you write (a considerable chore itself) that your little character there is a sideshow act.

And incidentally, if your account is deactivated (we don't really ban people), it won't be for breaking rules, per se, it will be purely due to a general toxic wake you leave behind.

-------------------------------

Yes, somebody saying that I committed a crime by being born is definitely not "personally attacking" me. Somebody calling me a liar when I have clearly told the truth is not attempting to "smear" me. And that's just on this thread!

But at least he admits that I did nothing wrong. The "toxic waste" is trolls that jjoyce actually ENCOURAGES to go after me.

jjoyce started a thread asking people whether to ban me, and then he's surprised that it got nasty?? Is he that naive, or is he just a dishonest jerk?

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:39 am

AlternativeVoice wrote:Yes, somebody saying that I committed a crime by being born is definitely not "personally attacking" me.

I didn't say you committed a crime - I said you did something wrong.

Just like putting words in someone's mouth - which you do constantly - isn't a crime; it's just completely intellectually fraudulent.

Which is exactly what you are - an intellectual fraud. You don't understand the difference between 'fact' and 'opinion,' you clearly have no concept of intellectual consitency, and your martyr complex could destroy Tokyo.

I hope in your next incarnation you choose to come back as something less grotesque.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:46 am

Marvell wrote:
AlternativeVoice wrote:Yes, somebody saying that I committed a crime by being born is definitely not "personally attacking" me.

I didn't say you committed a crime - I said you did something wrong.

Just like putting words in someone's mouth - which you do constantly - isn't a crime; it's just completely intellectually fraudulent.

Which is exactly what you are - an intellectual fraud. You don't understand the difference between 'fact' and 'opinion,' you clearly have no concept of intellectual consitency, and your martyr complex could destroy Tokyo.

I hope in your next incarnation you choose to come back as something less grotesque.

Wow, you actually defended your post. And you did it in ANOTHER nasty post deserving of banishment from these forums. Well done. You couldn't make my point any clearer about the difference between somebody like me and the lynch mob.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:50 am

AlternativeVoice wrote: You couldn't make my point any clearer about the difference between somebody like me and the lynch mob.

Agreed.

I'm not gibberingly insane.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:38 pm

those things do indeed happen to republicans around here, and even some democrats and posters to i.d.pf. although the civil rights organiser analogy is incorrect. maybe more like kataeb member on the wrong side of the green line in beirut, syrian social nationalist party member in the wrong neighbourhood in beruit or in the mt lebanon area...

maybe throttle back on the sarcasm, though u are certainly not the worst purveyor -- it is stupid and culturally insensitive.

i say no to banning anyone, on general principle, and also because i only do i.d.p.f. these days after at least three hours of hitting the opium pipe really hard, as i started doing at 10 this morning. i recommend this to other posters too, and if u cannot obtain or make opium to smoke, then a big shot of morphine will do the trick too.

Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peanutbutter » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:46 pm

jjoyce wrote: if your account is deactivated (we don't really ban people)

"Oranges and lemons", say the bells of St Clement's

Bretley

Postby Bretley » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:49 pm

Nine posts out of 22 in a thread is wrong. Posting several (4) comments in a row is wrong. Starting thread about yourself is wrong.

And you can choose not to curse and still behave like an asshole.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:52 pm

Bretley wrote:Nine posts out of 22 in a thread is wrong. .

why

Posting several (4) comments in a row is wrong. Starting thread about yourself is wrong.

And you can choose not to curse and still behave like an asshole.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:13 pm

gozer wrote:
Bretley wrote:Nine posts out of 22 in a thread is wrong. .

why

If you have to ask, it won't do any good to explain.

Here, have a handful of these ripple potato chips -- they are very good.

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:46 pm

Bretley wrote:Nine posts out of 22 in a thread is wrong.

Gotta disagree. It's not how often you post, it's the content.

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:01 pm

"Name One Thing I Ever did Wrong"

You were LIKE A BURLAP COLONIC

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:42 am

Last edited by white_rabbit on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:48 am

white_rabbit wrote:To AV "Dan", a 21-gun salute...

why are you not banned for this behavior?

AV was banned because of the craven action of a moderator who tolerated and even encouraged a little mob. Am I mistaken, or did the "moderator" reprint a private email he/she recieved to fan the flames?

This is a victory for intolerance, a play right out of the halls of Junior High School.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:11 am

Huckleby wrote:
This is a victory for intolerance, a play right out of the halls of Junior High School.

COOL! Now on with the fart jokes.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”