Ban or No Ban? An advisory referendum.

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Ban or no?

Ban
23
53%
Don't ban
20
47%
 
Total votes: 43

Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4068
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:56 am
Location: Around here somewhere
Contact:

Re: Ban or No Ban? An advisory referendum.

Postby Michael Patrick » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:25 am

What'd ya know, the ignore function works.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 am
Contact:

Re: Ban or No Ban? An advisory referendum.

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:26 am

Stan Darsh wrote:"As for this idea that I have occasionally given statements that were not pure facts - sure, I sometimes give opinions. Since when is it a crime to given an opinion? "
I never said it was a crime. I said you sometimes post your opinion and then state "the majority of americans agree with me on this". If you were comfortable enough with your opinion you wouldn't have to add that qualifier.


"Since, as you've admitted, it's been ME who has been the victim of the vicious attacks... why is jjoyce trying to ban ME?"
You are NOT the victim of vicious attacks--I never said that. You FEEL like a victim, you FEEL like these are vicious attacks but this is an online forum full of other people's opinions. People call you names and you call them a name right back-(I know, I know, all in defense of your legacy on this forum) but seriously man. You have got to lighten up. Go ahead and stick up for yourself but I gotta tell you people do this because you make it so easy for them. You get all riled up and it just eggs them on more. You can't be a victim if you don't allow yourself to be one. Just some friendly advice on how to lower your stress level.

I can't speak for jjoyce but I imagine he is annoyed with you. Again, I don't know for sure but I seriously doubt it is because you disagree with his opinions and political leanings. I have read other people's postings on here who aren't left leaning and they seem perfectly capable of having a discussion without pissing off everyone around them.

Sorry for the poor quoting abilities--I haven't quite gotten the hang of that yet.




The only reason I point out that the majority of Americans agree with me is because I am pointing out that these aren't crazy opinions. The fact that a majority of Americans believe something certainly doesn't make it right. It just means that I'm being banned for the crime of having an opinion that the majority of Americans believe. That's how ridiculous this lynch mob is.

As for you saying that I'm not a victim, that's fine. You have every right to that opinion and I won't argue against you. But the point is that I have been accused of being the AGGRESSOR. And that, as you obviously know, is preposterous. Other people go after me, I defend myself, and I am the one attacked for being a "provocateur" or for trying to get a rise out of people?


It's as preposterous as it is transparent. As you said, jjoyce doesn't like me. He doesn't like me for two reasons: 1) he is a far, far leftist, which means that he disagrees with me on issues. 2) he doesn't like that I've called him out for his failure to deal with trolls and malcontents.

That's what this is all about. This kabuki dance of trying to pretend that I did something wrong here is ridiculous. All I've asked jjoyce to do is to be honest. To just admit "I don't like him, so I want him out." Lying and pretending like he's banning me for breaking some rule just makes him look bad.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7017
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:28 pm
Location: At one with time and space

Re: Ban or No Ban? An advisory referendum.

Postby Marvell » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:35 am

AlternativeVoice wrote:The only reason I point out that the majority of Americans agree with me is because I am pointing out that these aren't crazy opinions.


And yet - as always - don't actually provide a data point to back up your bullshit.

"Alternative Voice - your source for fact-free blathering since 2009."

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 am
Contact:

Re: Ban or No Ban? An advisory referendum.

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:45 am

Marvell wrote:
AlternativeVoice wrote:The only reason I point out that the majority of Americans agree with me is because I am pointing out that these aren't crazy opinions.


And yet - as always - don't actually provide a data point to back up your bullshit.

"Alternative Voice - your source for fact-free blathering since 2009."



Stop hijacking the thread. As I said, it doesn't matter if other people agree with me. It's an opinion.

The point is that I've never done anything wrong here. It's OTHERS behaving badly. I'm being punished for having opinions that disagree with jjoyce and the rest of his lynch mob. That's it.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2603
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:41 pm
Location: Near East

Re: Ban or No Ban? An advisory referendum.

Postby boston_jeff » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:49 am

Dude, it has nothing to do with your politics.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7017
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:28 pm
Location: At one with time and space

Re: Ban or No Ban? An advisory referendum.

Postby Marvell » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:57 am

AlternativeVoice wrote:Stop hijacking the thread. As I said, it doesn't matter if other people agree with me. It's an opinion.


Again, I call total bullshit on your Clintonian weaselling.

You claim you 'only state facts.'

You claim 'the majority of Americans agree with me.'

If that's a fucking fact, where are the fucking numbers?

You aren't God almighty, and just because you say something is true doesn't make it so.

See how that works?

So - I ask you AGAIN; having stated AS FACT that 'Time magazine publishes ten times as many positive articles about Democrats as Republicans' - a data point if there ever was one - AND that 'CNN is a wing of the Democratic Party' - a 'yes' or 'no' factual proposition if their ever was one - are you going to have the intellectual integrity to either:

a.) pony up the data;

-OR-

b.) apologize to us all for lying to our faces?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

MeLurkyLongTime
Forum Addict
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Re: Ban or No Ban? An advisory referendum.

Postby MeLurkyLongTime » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:59 am

Is this VH1?

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 am
Contact:

Re: Ban or No Ban? An advisory referendum.

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:00 pm

Marvell wrote:
AlternativeVoice wrote:Stop hijacking the thread. As I said, it doesn't matter if other people agree with me. It's an opinion.


Again, I call total bullshit on your Clintonian weaselling.

You claim you 'only state facts.'

You claim 'the majority of Americans agree with me.'

If that's a fucking fact, where are the fucking numbers?

You aren't God almighty, and just because you say something is true doesn't make it so.

See how that works?

So - I ask you AGAIN; having stated AS FACT that 'Time magazine publishes ten times as many positive articles about Democrats as Republicans' - a data point if there ever was one - AND that 'CNN is a wing of the Democratic Party' - a 'yes' or 'no' factual proposition if their ever was one - are you going to have the intellectual integrity to either:

a.) pony up the data;

-OR-

b.) apologize to us all for lying to our faces?

Yeah, I didn't think so.



This post has been reported to the moderators. I am copying & pasting it here so that you can't delete it when you realize how vile and horrible it is and try to delete it before anybody reads it.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8534
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Re: Ban or No Ban? An advisory referendum.

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:03 pm

AlternativeVoice wrote:
Marvell wrote:
AlternativeVoice wrote:Stop hijacking the thread. As I said, it doesn't matter if other people agree with me. It's an opinion.

Again, I call total bullshit on your Clintonian weaselling.

You claim you 'only state facts.'

You claim 'the majority of Americans agree with me.'

If that's a fucking fact, where are the fucking numbers?

You aren't God almighty, and just because you say something is true doesn't make it so.

See how that works?

So - I ask you AGAIN; having stated AS FACT that 'Time magazine publishes ten times as many positive articles about Democrats as Republicans' - a data point if there ever was one - AND that 'CNN is a wing of the Democratic Party' - a 'yes' or 'no' factual proposition if their ever was one - are you going to have the intellectual integrity to either:

a.) pony up the data;

-OR-

b.) apologize to us all for lying to our faces?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

This post has been reported to the moderators. I am copying & pasting it here so that you can't delete it when you realize how vile and horrible it is and try to delete it before anybody reads it.

Okay, now the mask is off, people. Stop taking AV seriously. He's playing you. And hard.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2603
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:41 pm
Location: Near East

Re: Ban or No Ban? An advisory referendum.

Postby boston_jeff » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Its funny, to a point.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7017
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:28 pm
Location: At one with time and space

Re: Ban or No Ban? An advisory referendum.

Postby Marvell » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:11 pm

AlternativeVoice wrote:This post has been reported to the moderators. I am copying & pasting it here so that you can't delete it when you realize how vile and horrible it is and try to delete it before anybody reads it.


Why on earth would I want to delete it? To cover up your total pantsing?

That was the whole point.

Here's some horrible links, pointing to unspeakably vile data - which is what us 'lynch mob' types use to establish facts (i.e. that which is not opinion):

http://mediamatters.org/items/200904170011?f=h_top

http://mediamatters.org/issues_topics/search_results?qstring=red+scare+index

So - you going to tell me again that you 'can't prove media bias?' Or does your appetite for public humiliation remain unsated?

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 am
Contact:

Re: Ban or No Ban? An advisory referendum.

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:14 pm

Marvell wrote:
AlternativeVoice wrote:This post has been reported to the moderators. I am copying & pasting it here so that you can't delete it when you realize how vile and horrible it is and try to delete it before anybody reads it.


Why on earth would I want to delete it? To cover up your total pantsing?

That was the whole point.

Here's some horrible links, pointing to unspeakably vile data - which is what us 'lynch mob' types use to establish facts (i.e. that which is not opinion):

http://mediamatters.org/items/200904170011?f=h_top

http://mediamatters.org/issues_topics/search_results?qstring=red+scare+index

So - you going to tell me again that you 'can't prove media bias?' Or does your appetite for public humiliation remain unsated?



This post has been reported as well. You might as well finish this flurry of insanity as soon as you can. It won't be long before you're banned.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7017
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:28 pm
Location: At one with time and space

Re: Ban or No Ban? An advisory referendum.

Postby Marvell » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:21 pm

AlternativeVoice wrote:This post has been reported as well. You might as well finish this flurry of insanity as soon as you can. It won't be long before you're banned.


I'm quaking in my boots.

So how about addressing the substance of my posts? You gonna fact up, big boy?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Ban or No Ban? An advisory referendum.

Postby jjoyce » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:42 pm

Okay, I finally pulled the plug, which has led to a little email exchange which, believe it or not, is even more stupifying than the Forum version.

If it's an act, it's a pretty convincing one.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7981
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison
Contact:

Re: Ban or No Ban? An advisory referendum.

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:46 pm

If it's an act, it's a pretty convincing one.


It would be an epic act if that were the case. I just don;t know how someone could be so committed to that insanity without actually being insane. Anyways the egomaniac mental gymnast has left the building? Huzzah I say. Huzzah. Now someone please report this to the moderator in honor of AV.


Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests