Newspaperman Bill Lueders says, "Wahhhhhhhhhh!"

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
Fat.The.Gangster
Forum Addict

Re: Newspaperman Bill Lueders says, "Wahhhhhhhhhh!"

Postby Fat.The.Gangster » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:01 pm

jjoyce wrote:I know that a lot of people live to point out hypocrisy when, what they're actually pointing out is contradiction. And that happens all the time in every line of work or style of living.

Thank you for the lesson in semantics. That you expressly choose to support an institution that either contradicts its own policies or engages in hypocritical actions speaks volumes about you and your place of business. Continued luck steering this ill-fated ship.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:21 pm

And continued luck to you in your line of work, which I assume is media consulting.

Fat.The.Gangster
Forum Addict

Postby Fat.The.Gangster » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:48 pm

jjoyce wrote:And continued luck to you in your line of work, which I assume is media consulting.

And if it were, we both know that Isthmus would have to barter for my services since it doesn't have enough money to pay even its tenured writers (maybe Vince and Linda can take a pay cut -- oh, but that huge house on Lakeland probably has a startling tax liability, like $16,000 a year). Maybe we could swap my media consulting services for some of those valuable "Isthmus Saves" coupons. I really need 20% off my next purchase at a framing store.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:39 pm

Fat.The.Gangster wrote: I really need 20% off my next purchase at a framing store.

Cost of framing a cherished picture: $30-$100
Cost of signing up for a Daily Page Profile: 2 minutes
Cost of self-satisfaction: Priceless.

Fat.The.Gangster
Forum Addict

Postby Fat.The.Gangster » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:57 pm

Circle the wagons, some anonymous online readers have dared to question the quality of an Isthmus article about canned radio. Of course, we can dismiss the opinions of these "miserable cowards" simply because they don't assign their real names to their opinions. We all know that Isthmus is not in the business of catering to its customers.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:18 pm

ilikebeans wrote:
blunt wrote:Isthmus editors are like ...

I liked you when you were fronting the fun/weird/tight Headpump. What happened to that version of you?

Mmmmm...wine....
I'm still that sweet spirit with a firm butt.
You probably mistake my quixotic attempt to save Isthmus' street cred with actual anger and violence.
The nameless form rejection sentence was just the last of many haystacks on a camel's back and I can no longer just tie a knot and make lemonade out of it.
I shouldn't rant and rave so hard.
Sometimes wearing my heart on my sleeve makes a big bloody mess.
And I'm sure the staff at Isthmus are good and decent poeple.
Maybe that's the difference between us.
But no, ilb, it's not a sour grapes thing, it's the weird disconnect:
notice how admin and jjoyce never respond to anyone unless it's to point out finds a grammatical error.
And whoever had the idea and/or wrote the tne Tell All should be fired.
Alive.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”