Lueders Calls Out "Alternative Voice"

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Lueders Calls Out "Alternative Voice"

Postby Stu Levitan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:43 pm

Lueders on Alternative Voice:

Dear "Alternative Voice": I have no idea who you are, because you're one of these miserable cowards who post comments on websites using a silly pseudonym. (I guess maybe there are occasional breakdowns in online etiquette.) But I see you like to attack me on the TheDailyPage.com Forum, saying things like "That guy is the biggest fake in the business. All he does is go to Republican Party events and then completely make up quotes and stories...."

Um, excuse me? What stories and quotes are made up? Do you mean my report on the GOP party last November, where I quoted overheard conversations and did on-the-record interviews with named subjects? It all happened, just as I said.

So back up your assertions or shut your pie-hole. And next time, have the guts to use your name.
--------

Sing in, Brother!

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Lueders Calls Out "Alternative Voice"

Postby jjoyce » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:47 pm

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:50 pm

Mister Lueders, you rule.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:58 pm

I'm sure Mr. Burden of Proof will respond promptly with "facts" and "evidence." I'm 100% positive.

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:13 pm

Is that guy still around? I thought he disappeared after it became clear he is either PulseWidthModulation or an evil clone of PWM.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:31 pm

I'm sure Mr. Burden of Proof will respond promptly with "facts" and "evidence." I'm 100% positive.

I'm thinking He/She/It won't be responding anytime soon. It usually glosses over these who the hell are you questions even though we should all be reasonably sure he/she.it is directly involved in the Mistelle campaign.

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:58 pm

I'm with you Lueders but what took you so frickin' long to call this nutcase out?

Now, where does Joyce keep that banning stick? Rumour is that it is in the closet right by your break room behind those boxes. I think we have all suffered long enough Jason. Could you help us out here Jason please.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:52 pm

Pretty sad that Lueders is so insecure in his position that he has to call out somebody on a message board.

The fact of the matter is that the Dane GOP has banned Lueders from all future events because of that hit piece on their election night party. They graciously set up interviews with all of their key officers for him, and Lueders instead eavesdropped on others and also completely made up conversations. The party was very positive, despite the election losses, with people insisting that they would not be like the Democrats and root against the country because their guy wasn't in charge. Lueders clearly had a story he wanted to write (that bitter crazy right wingers were angry as hell), and didn't care that the evening didn't live up to his preconceived notions.

It reminded me of that famous Harper's Magazine column that bashed the 2004 Republican National Convention and Bush's speech... only they accidentally published the article a week before the convention took place.

The guy is well known as a joke. The biggest hack, and the most biased "reporter" I've ever seen. It makes the entire paper seem like a rag when they let that guy be a "reporter", when all he ever does is give his biased opinion.

From here on out, the Isthmus has to send a REAL reporter to GOP events.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:59 pm

The party was very positive, despite the election losses, with people insisting that they would not be like the Democrats and root against the country because their guy wasn't in charge.

That's some funny shit right there.

So speaketh anonymous loudmouth coward on a message board.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:08 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
The party was very positive, despite the election losses, with people insisting that they would not be like the Democrats and root against the country because their guy wasn't in charge.

That's some funny shit right there.

So speaketh anonymous loudmouth coward on a message board.

Call up the Dane GOP. Their phone number is 288-0059. Ask them whether Bill Lueders is allowed back to any events after that hit piece. Ask them what was REALLY said at the Election Night party.

But I'm sure you won't, because you don't know to know that you've hitched yourself to a fraud and a loser who knows how to do nothing but lie and mislead about local politics. If the paper had any courage or class they'd have fired that hack a long time ago.

Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:18 pm

First of all, Lueders didn't post on the message board -- I did. I understand reading comprehension not your strong suit (that would be whining), but really -- pay attention.

Second -- lesse ... Bill Lueders, award-winning journalist, over 20 years in the community versus GOP hacks who won't even identify themselves? Yeah, a real tough call.

Finally -- GOP isn't rooting for Democrats to fail? How about Rush: "I hope he (Obama) fails." How about Bill Kristol's advice to delay, delay, obstruct, delay. How about the non-stop lies from Boehner, Cantor, et al? How about Keyes calling the President of the United States a "usurper" and saying he does not recognize his authority? How about all that, ace?

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:21 pm

In all fairness Stu AV was there with his wife/boss Nancy. You were not.

Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:23 pm

yer right - my bad

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:26 pm

Stu Levitan wrote:First of all, Lueders didn't post on the message board -- I did. I understand reading comprehension not your strong suit (that would be whining), but really -- pay attention.

Second -- lesse ... Bill Lueders, award-winning journalist, over 20 years in the community versus GOP hacks who won't even identify themselves? Yeah, a real tough call.

Finally -- GOP isn't rooting for Democrats to fail? How about Rush: "I hope he (Obama) fails." How about Bill Kristol's advice to delay, delay, obstruct, delay. How about the non-stop lies from Boehner, Cantor, et al? How about Keyes calling the President of the United States a "usurper" and saying he does not recognize his authority? How about all that, ace?

First of all, you didn't read my sentence: I said that Bill Lueders was calling out somebody on a message board... "somebody on a message board" being me. I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Second of all, the fact that Lueders wins awards here isn't a shock. It's the same reason why Al Gore and Jimmy Carter won Nobel Peace Prizes. Left wing organizations love to give their awards to people who they think are sticking it to Republicans. Doesn't change the fact that he's not a reporter. He can call himself one, but it doesn't make him one.

Finally, your last paragraph is full of a number of factual and logical errors. Rush Limbaugh is an idiot - and what he says is irrelevant to this issue. Lueders reported that the DANE GOP said that, and they didn't. If he wanted to report that Limbaugh wants Obama to fail then that could be factual (even though the actual Limbaugh quote was taken out of context, and is more complex then people on the left think), but once he reported that the Dane GOP wanted Obama to fail he was writing pure fiction. This is what I'm saying: he wanted to believe that the Dane GOP wants Obama to fail, and so he reported it even though it was false. Now as for Bill Kristol wanting to delay the stimulus, there are plenty of valid reasons for that. I'd have wanted to delay it also, for the same reason that the far left wing tried to rush the bill as much they could. The bill was a steaming pile of crap that will harm the economy - every day it lost popularity in polls. It seemed pretty obvious that if people had another two weeks to think about it that the American people would turn against it. That's why the Democrats rushed it and why the Republicans tried to delay it. As for "lies", I don't know what you're talking about. Give specific examples, because I'm not aware of Boehner or Cantor being caught saying any falsehoods recently. And finally... Alan Keyes is not a Republican. He's a member of the "America's Independent Party", whatever that is. If you think that Keyes speaks for the Dane GOP that just shows the level of derangement required to believe anything that Lueders writes.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:29 pm

So at the GOP election night party AV did you have the chicken or the fish? What did Mrs. AV have?

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”