Is DPF activity down?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby Walter » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:44 pm

AlternativeVoice wrote:Okay.... well if actual conservatives do show up, I'll be the first one to criticize them from the left when they make a factual error.

I wrote in Goldwater in November...was that wrong?

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:05 pm

Walter wrote:
AlternativeVoice wrote:Okay.... well if actual conservatives do show up, I'll be the first one to criticize them from the left when they make a factual error.

I wrote in Goldwater in November...was that wrong?

No problem with writing in... we had two of the worst Presidential candidates in the past 80 years. You have to go back to 1924 to have as bad of a choice of presidential candidates as McCain and Obama.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:58 pm

The Official DEATHCLOCK
has Predicted the date of your permanent demise:
FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
Last edited by blunt on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:34 pm

Thanks for getting us back on topic blunt.
*tick-tock*

Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:38 pm

I just figured it out.

Blunt is this forum's Grandpa Simpson.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:10 pm

Does Facebook have some sort of structure for discussing Madison topics?

Excuse my ignorance. My enthusiasm for internet social networking peaked and ended with a two week stint on friendster in 2005. Never got laid, packed up and left.

I think this forum works quite well, the topics are organized reasonably well. Where is the better site for local discussion?

Madison.com has more traffic, but what a holy shithole of disorganization. And there seems to be more angry people there than at this particular lovefest. Must be the brownies.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:29 pm

As I've said before, when I worry about this forum, I've spent too much time here.

Still, I like to think of it as the back fence or bar. And I hate getting too picky about grammar and punctuation. I think it'll pick back up.

I am very disappointed at how difficult it is to find local news. Am I getting old, or did our local newspapers used to have more local news? It's gettin' so I dare to talk to anyone who even looks like they know something interesting.

Scarborough Surveys just called me about a radio, newspaper and website survey. I mentioned WORT and The Daily Page.

Renee Gabel
Forum Addict

Postby Renee Gabel » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:14 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:See ya on Facebook.

Are we "friends"?

And Blunt, I'm on old fan of yours on the forum . Friend me on facebook, please. I'd love to read your daily musings.

Kenyatta

Postby Kenyatta » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:11 pm

This is the first time I've been on an internet forum. The language here is atrocious. Is that how it usually is here? If it is, I can imagine why there isn't so much activity here.

I do like the Isthmus newspaper though. Maybe I should just stick to reading that.

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:18 pm

Kenyatta wrote:This is the first time I've been on an internet forum. The language here is atrocious. Is that how it usually is here? If it is, I can imagine why there isn't so much activity here.

Not to discourage you, but this place is like a Hallmark movie compared to the rest of the internet. Google "Rule 34" and then you'll see something really atrocious.

Kenyatta

Postby Kenyatta » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:37 pm

Thanks, I'm not sure how you got my quote into your post, Shipley.

I once read an article about some internet trolls that go by the name "Anonymous." They have a site called 4chan. The article I read said that these "people" go after people who have tragedies happen to them and harass them. Like the parents of a boy who committed suicide.

Here's the article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/magaz ... ref=slogin

I think it's very sick that there are people who do that sort of thing. I hope there aren't any people like that here. I was raised to be polite to everyone and not call them names. My parents would wash my mouth out with soap if I used a swear word. I'll tell you, Ivory soap tastes terrible. Yuch!

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Kenyatta wrote:Thanks, I'm not sure how you got my quote into your post, Shipley.

I once read an article about some internet trolls that go by the name "Anonymous." They have a site called 4chan. The article I read said that these "people" go after people who have tragedies happen to them and harass them. Like the parents of a boy who committed suicide.

Here's the article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/magaz ... ref=slogin

I think it's very sick that there are people who do that sort of thing. I hope there aren't any people like that here. I was raised to be polite to everyone and not call them names. My parents would wash my mouth out with soap if I used a swear word. I'll tell you, Ivory soap tastes terrible. Yuch!

OK, that was a good try, but now I can tell you're a fake. One does not blindly reference 4chan and never have gone to an internet message board.

little know fact about 4chan: really great for video game and toy news. also that Anonymous aren't the only people who go there.

Ed Breakfast
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ed Breakfast » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:53 pm

Not knowing how to use the quote tags but having no trouble with the URL tags is a pretty good clue, too.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:28 pm

So is complaining about people's use of English and then writing a sentence that reads in its entirety "Like the parents of a boy who committed suicide."

Faux naive is pretty transparent. Pick another screen name and try again, hon.

buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Shipley wrote:Google "Rule 34" and then you'll see something really atrocious.

You have blown my fragile little mind.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”