Is DPF activity down?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby ilikebeans » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:37 am

blunt wrote:Personally, I get much more satisfaction elsewhere and have received several interesting creative project offers.
Never happened here.

So, your application was turned down?

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:58 am

facebook is no replacement for TDPF.

There is no ned, theres no sheppy, no other weirdos I get to interactive.

only a cabal of like minded thinkers on my friends list who give me a thumbs up when I share shit like this.

now within the next 2 responses here someone is going to call me a nerd, a virgin, or both. Thats something I just don't get on facebook: pointless opposition.

Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:26 am

Nerd virgin.

mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:41 am

Nerdgin?

Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:28 pm

Both.

(Awesome!)

toniziemer
Forum Addict

Postby toniziemer » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:34 pm

Blunt's application was unceremoniously turned down and he is way over all things Isthmus, according to his post this morning on the 'more Blunt' thread that I can't seem to locate to quote (sorry)

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:44 pm

harrissimo wrote:AV's wing nut ugly posts confuse people into thinking that they have mistakenly navigated to madison.com.

You criticizing somebody else's posting style is rich. Next we'll hear Osama Bin Laden accusing somebody else of being violent, or David Duke accusing somebody of being anti-semitic, or Al Sharpton accusing somebody of being racist.

How many times does it have to be explained to you that I'm not a right winger. I'm a centrist and a moderate. It's just that you live in this crazy alternate universe where Noam Chomsky is a "wing nut".

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:48 pm

How many times does it have to be explained to you that I'm not a right winger. I'm a centrist and a moderate.

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, is a duck. You've taken the right wing position on EVERY issue you have discussed. You've repeatedly called all "Leftists" radical, morons, and hateful. You seem to be a moderate in the "Bill O'Reilly" sense of the word. Meaning not at all.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:28 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
How many times does it have to be explained to you that I'm not a right winger. I'm a centrist and a moderate.

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, is a duck. You've taken the right wing position on EVERY issue you have discussed. You've repeatedly called all "Leftists" radical, morons, and hateful. You seem to be a moderate in the "Bill O'Reilly" sense of the word. Meaning not at all.

No I haven't. I took the leftwing position on the thread about Blaska's abortion stance. I also talked about how much I disliked Sarah Palin on that thread. The thing is that the abortion thread was the ONLY THREAD I'VE SEEN WHERE THERE WAS ANYBODY WITH A RIGHT WING POSITION.

This reminds me of when I used to post on a right wing message board. Everybody there was a far right winger, so I could only argue with them from the left. I was called a leftwing whackjob, and a Democratic Party apologist. They made the same arguments you make "You only ever argue from the left... if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck!"

I assure you, if any raging right wingers come on here, I'll be the first one to criticize them from the left.

Every single one of my positions I've had here is the moderate position on an issue. And besides, if people really cared about posting quality they'd be calling out harrissimo.

I mean, look at harrissimo's latest theory that he posts on every thread: "Koschnick defended a cop killer when he was a defense attorney, therefore he supports cop killers and is a cop killer himself. Nancy Mistele supports Koschnick, therefore she supports cop killers and is a cop killer herself." If anybody cared one iota about bad posting, they'd have called him out. I mean, in the history of the Internet, has ANYTHING that stupid ever been typed? But not ONE person said anything critical. So people don't care about stupid posting. They just want to launch petty personal attacks against anybody who dares to sprinkle a dose of moderation in their far far far left wing dogma.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:19 pm

I took the leftwing position on the thread about Blaska's abortion stance

No you used the position that what Blaska did was the same thing as Democrats parading out poor people at campaign events. Doesn't quite qualify as taking the "leftwing" position.

I also talked about how much I disliked Sarah Palin on that thread.

And then you touted Democrats as sexist for opposing her.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:41 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
I took the leftwing position on the thread about Blaska's abortion stance

No you used the position that what Blaska did was the same thing as Democrats parading out poor people at campaign events. Doesn't quite qualify as taking the "leftwing" position.

I also talked about how much I disliked Sarah Palin on that thread.

And then you touted Democrats as sexist for opposing her.

Um, no. I said that there was SOME sexism, and there certainly was. But one could be not-sexist and still oppose her (like I did). I pointed out perfect examples of sexism, such as those on that very thread who attacked her for having a teenaged daughter who did something stupid and got pregnant. We would never ever criticized a male Vice Presidential candidate if their child did something like that. It's pure sexism to only attack female candidates for the behavior of their children.

I don't want to get into this topic again because I don't want you to hijack this thread.

All I'm simply stating is this: when right wingers show up here I'll be the first to criticize them. I have taken the moderate position on every issue here. The fact that most people on these message boards think that MSNBC has a conservative tilt and that Al Gore is a bit too pro-Republican is why anybody to the right of Barack Obama seems like a "raging wing nut." Doesn't mean that in the real world a person to the right of Keith Olbermann is a hard line right winger.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:59 pm

All I'm simply stating is this: when right wingers show up here I'll be the first to criticize them.

Calling Ned, Trollerator, Stella, Shovel, Evansville Housewife, Whatever Pulsewidth is calling himself these days, Bunny Chow, Arturo (who by the way is way more of a centrist than you AV and better spoken), etc. etc. You don't know a right winger when you see one because you are blind to even your own militant conservatism.

Um, no. I said that there was SOME sexism, and there certainly was. But one could be not-sexist and still oppose her (like I did).

So only Left Wingers like us are sexist because we only criticized her for her family issues? You are a saint among men, er, women, oh wait you are a completely anonymous coward that's right.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:16 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
All I'm simply stating is this: when right wingers show up here I'll be the first to criticize them.

Calling Ned, Trollerator, Stella, Shovel, Evansville Housewife, Whatever Pulsewidth is calling himself these days, Bunny Chow, Arturo (who by the way is way more of a centrist than you AV and better spoken), etc. etc. You don't know a right winger when you see one because you are blind to even your own militant conservatism.

Um, no. I said that there was SOME sexism, and there certainly was. But one could be not-sexist and still oppose her (like I did).

So only Left Wingers like us are sexist because we only criticized her for her family issues? You are a saint among men, er, women, oh wait you are a completely anonymous coward that's right.

Huh? First of all, your first two sentences sound like you've been afflicted with tourettes... I don't know what the hell you're talking about. As for "militant conservatism", well I am more anti-war than Barack Obama. Of course, to most people here Barack Obama IS a militant conservative simple because he's that much further to the right on the political spectrum than you and your other half wits are.

And as for the last paragraph, again, I don't understand what you're talking about. If you criticize a female politician for something that you wouldn't criticize a male politician for then that's sexist. Period. There were plenty of legitimate ways to attack Sarah Palin, and it pained me to see so many left wingers go the sexist route rather than actually opposing Palin on the issues.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:26 pm

Huh? First of all, your first two sentences sound like you've been afflicted with tourettes... I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Of course you don't. These are logins of some of our many conservative voices here on TDPF. Admittedly a lot of them have gone into hiding since the election. They still pop in to post talking points from time to time though.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:29 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
Huh? First of all, your first two sentences sound like you've been afflicted with tourettes... I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Of course you don't. These are logins of some of our many conservative voices here on TDPF. Admittedly a lot of them have gone into hiding since the election. They still pop in to post talking points from time to time though.

Okay.... well if actual conservatives do show up, I'll be the first one to criticize them from the left when they make a factual error.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”