Blaska's Blog

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Blaska's Blog

Postby harrissimo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:53 pm

I left a comment on Blaska's blog expressing my opinion of that disgusting piece he wrote on Friday. Unlike some cowards around here, I am not afraid to reveal the personal information Isthmus requires. Also, I know how to read and follow directions which is always a good life skill.

Have a great day.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:15 pm

harrissimo wrote:I was not aware of Blaska running for any office. Maybe douche bag of the year award?

Don't worry, I'm sure your title is safe. Nobody in this whole county can challenge you in douche-baggery. Have you won four straight years, or is it five? I've lost count.

In case you haven't noticed, Blaska's blog is a political blog. So sometimes he talks about campaigns and candidates, and sometimes he talks about issues. So when he talked about this particular issue he chose to take a populist tone.

Personally, I dislike populism. I believe in purely rational discussions, and think that people tend to make bad decisions when they make their decisions emotionally. But I acknowledge that both sides do this - showing up a picture of a bloody fetus is no worse than parading sick people who lost their job when a factory closed. It's all populism, and I'm not a fan of any o fit.

toniziemer
Forum Addict

Postby toniziemer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:28 pm

[ Unlike some cowards around here, I am not afraid to reveal the personal information Isthmus requires.

Who are you dissing here, Harris? Some of us even post with our real name!

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:22 pm

toniziemer wrote:[ Unlike some cowards around here, I am not afraid to reveal the personal information Isthmus requires.

I'm not dissing anyone. I am stating a fact. I was not referring to you. harrissimo is a nickname based on my real name which is Harris. My full name is available on my profile also my web page is on my profile. My web page contains my full name, email address and phone number.

A certain bugaboo like poster here got into quite a pissing contest for not following rules that Isthmus has established for commenting on articles.
I would prefer not to mention him/her by name.

Now we are going to have to deal with a bunch of crap about populism but I'm not taking the bait. I have fed this bugaboo enough bugaboo food. Best to just ignore the fool. Of course, I am contradicting myself because I'm not ignoring him/her/it now but hey I'm doing the best I can.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:40 pm

harrissimo wrote:
toniziemer wrote:[ Unlike some cowards around here, I am not afraid to reveal the personal information Isthmus requires.

I'm not dissing anyone. I am stating a fact. I was not referring to you. harrissimo is a nickname based on my real name which is Harris. My full name is available on my profile also my web page is on my profile. My web page contains my full name, email address and phone number.

A certain bugaboo like poster here got into quite a pissing contest for not following rules that Isthmus has established for commenting on articles.
I would prefer not to mention him/her by name.

Now we are going to have to deal with a bunch of crap about populism but I'm not taking the bait. I have fed this bugaboo enough bugaboo food. Best to just ignore the fool. Of course, I am contradicting myself because I'm not ignoring him/her/it now but hey I'm doing the best I can.

You're always so subtle, haha. At least I enjoy that you've finally become embarrassed enough about me calling you out for you obsession and stalking that you are now trying to avoid that perception. Good effort.

bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:41 pm

AlternativeVoice wrote:In case you haven't noticed, Blaska's blog is a political blog. So sometimes he talks about campaigns and candidates, and sometimes he talks about issues. So when he talked about this particular issue he chose to take a populist tone.

Personally, I dislike populism. I believe in purely rational discussions, and think that people tend to make bad decisions when they make their decisions emotionally. But I acknowledge that both sides do this - showing up a picture of a bloody fetus is no worse than parading sick people who lost their job when a factory closed. It's all populism, and I'm not a fan of any o fit.

That's a great point and your best post ever.

toniziemer
Forum Addict

Postby toniziemer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:35 am

I guess I am not a fan of populism either. I don't even like dog populism, where they play "in the arms of the angels" and show sad, suffering dogs to get people to give money to aspca or whoever. I never liked those suffering orphans in Africa with flies on their lips, either, that have been raising money practically since there was tv.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”