Att: Alternativevoice

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Att: Alternativevoice

Postby AlternativeVoice » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:53 pm

One of the most irritating things on the internet are all of these little middle schoolers and teenagers who try to act like they're so knowledgeable and aware of what goes on in the world. One of the easy ways to spot them is that they tell you how young and immature you are... only a child would feel so insecure as to need to use that attack anytime they feel threatened. Also these personal attacks that anybody levels against you here if you dare to challenge them on anything - just look on this thread at all of these people using foul language and personal smears, even though they don't know anything about me, and even though I never even wrote anything directed at them. Simply because I challenged somebody else on an issue that challenges their orthodoxy (i.e. far left wing dogma).

The easy way to prove it is that these kids have no grasp of even the simplest logic. Hence the fact that I've had to explain this simple concept about the names about seven times... But I'll keep explaining things. I don't mind going through the effort if it might, in the end, improve this place a bit.

I mean, the Cap Times has a huge leftwing slant also. But at least it's fairly professional. They wouldn't publish outright lies. Isthmus is a total rag, it's a joke.

Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:31 pm

You're a total rag and a joke.

Could we find the internet equivalent of a cure for crabs and get rid of this nit once and for all?

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Don't PETA on my leg & tell me its raining

Postby Marvell » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:46 pm

Mean Scenester wrote:Could we find the internet equivalent of a cure for crabs and get rid of this nit once and for all?

And by 'crabs' you, of course, mean 'pants hampsters.'

Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Don't PETA on my leg & tell me its raining

Postby Mean Scenester » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:53 pm

Marvell wrote:
Mean Scenester wrote:Could we find the internet equivalent of a cure for crabs and get rid of this nit once and for all?

And by 'crabs' you, of course, mean 'pants hampsters.'

I prefer the term "underbunnies."

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:27 pm

More classlessness out of the little children. It is indeed a shame that we have no moderators willing to take on these fools to improve the quality of these boards.

But as I said before, I don't get offended by this stuff. I simply pity these people. They go through life so angry and so unfulfilled. Anybody who is so lacking in self-confidence that they get offended by baseless attacks from internet trolls has a real problem.

Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:29 pm

AlternativeVoice wrote:More classlessness out of the little children. It is indeed a shame that we have no moderators willing to take on these fools to improve the quality of these boards.

YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE, MODS! NYAH!!!!!

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:33 pm

It is indeed a shame that we have no moderators willing to take on these fools to improve the quality of these boards.

I think getting rid of the single minded hypocrites who can't follow simple instructions like you would be a better use of our moderators time and would do far more for these boards than banning those of us who contribute more than talking points and hate.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:59 pm

So,the entire Middle East conflict is Hamas' fault? Riiight.

You do know that this here forum is based in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, right? Did you confuse Isthmus for Iton Tel-Aviv?

Baby steps - it would take a baby a long time to walk to Gaza.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:32 pm

supaunknown wrote:So,the entire Middle East conflict is Hamas' fault? Riiight.

You do know that this here forum is based in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, right? Did you confuse Isthmus for Iton Tel-Aviv?

Baby steps - it would take a baby a long time to walk to Gaza.

I wasn't the one that asked this rag to publish a pro-Hamas propaganda piece. I assume that you sent them an angry e-mail complaining that they would dare publish an article on any topic that wasn't based on Madison, right? I mean, if you attacked me for responding to an article on Gaza, you surely must attack them for publishing the first article... right? Riiiight...

And, no, it's not all Hamas's fault. I'm not sure who told you that. There are many people to blame, from Fatah to Iran to Syria to the United Nations. If you read any of my comments on the situation in the middle east you might learn something.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:37 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
It is indeed a shame that we have no moderators willing to take on these fools to improve the quality of these boards.

I think getting rid of the single minded hypocrites who can't follow simple instructions like you would be a better use of our moderators time and would do far more for these boards than banning those of us who contribute more than talking points and hate.

I did follow instructions. I signed up with my "real" name. Unless you can provide evidence that it's not my real name, shut up and stop being a single-minded hypocrite.

Again... it's shocking how much vitriol and hate is leveled at me for DARING to care about the citizens of Gaza. For daring to try to call out this pathetic rag of a paper that publishes anti-semitic pro-terrorist garbage. For daring to challenge the extreme dogma of the far left wing.

If all I did was genuflect at the throne of The Isthmus, Barack Obama, Kathleen Falk and WEAC, I could sign up as "Queen Elizabeth" and nobody would care.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:38 pm

I wasn't the one that asked this rag to publish a pro-Hamas propaganda piece.

How is this a Pro-Hamas propaganda piece?

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:10 pm

I assume that you sent them an angry e-mail complaining that they would dare publish an article on any topic that wasn't based on Madison, right?

AV, Can you read? You certainly know how to write. The title of the article:

Madison-Rafah Sister City Project report from Gaza: Death is everywhere

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:14 pm

vitriol and hate

single-minded hypocrite

For daring to try to call out this pathetic rag of a paper that publishes anti-semitic pro-terrorist garbage. For daring to challenge the extreme dogma of the far left wing.

You see this? This must be what you took away from the article. You know what? That's not what I took away from the article. I found nothing anti-semitic or pro-terrorist about it. Please point those parts out as I surely must have missed them. This is my third request for that info...

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:53 pm

I won't go through the whole article because it's a waste of my time. I'll start from the beginning until I bore:

"Its students and teachers have scattered to their homes and other places of refuge, seeking to hide from the terror of the finest U.S. weapons that our taxes can buy."

This is perpetuating a myth that Israel is just given American weapons. In fact, Israel and the United States are both good at different things. They trade technology and weapons. Israel is far better than the US at handling terrorist insurgencies, and they are also better fighter pilots, and they helped the US a lot with the Iraq War. Are some of their weapons bought or traded from the US? Yes. But the US also buys/trades weapons from the Israelis. They trade with each other. This is part of the classic anti-semitic myth that Israel is just some pawn of the US. The US gives Egypt about $3 Billion in cash every year, and has more than 200 F-16s (see the next paragraph) that they bought from the US. So does that make Egypt a pawn of the US as well??

"But no place in Gaza was safe from the F-16s, the drones, the mortar and tank shells, the white phosphorous, the mysterious weapon doctors say burns worse than napalm, or the one that explodes with such extreme force that flesh is literally ripped from bone."

A number of lies and falsehoods here. For one thing, there are plenty of safe places. Away from the weapons. Israel ONLY fires at locations with weapons, or at locations where high-level Hamas officials are. And even in those cases, they will withhold fire if they view the collateral damage as too much. There are limits, of course. One example is that Hamas leadership generally spend every moment of every day with their wife (or wives) and children at their side. They want to make sure that if they die that their wife and kids go with them so Hamas can tell the western media how many children Israel murdered. Any sane man would put those deaths on the Hamas leaders who kept their children at hand. But the western media is not sane when it comes to smearing Israel.

As for this white phosphorous stuff... another pro-terrorist myth. You see, white phosphor can be legally used, AND illegally used (according to international law). It is legally used by Israel, the US, and every other western nation as a smoke screen. It can ALSO be used illegally as an incendiary weapon. But Israel has never used their weapons as such, and no organization has ever found any evidence to the contrary. Every conflict that Israel is involved in, this myth is perpetuated. During the Hezbollah war back in 2006, the western media actually came up with some corpses that were "blackened" and this supposedly provided evidence that they'd been attacked by incendiary bombs. But of course this one was easily busted, as those bodies had just been blackened by days out in the desert sun. Again, this has been investigated over and over again by a number of groups, including anti-Israel groups like the Red Cross and Amnesty International, and NONE of them have ever found a shred of evidence that Israel uses its weapons for any illegal purposes. In fact, the fact that they use the white phosphor is another example of their humanity. They could easily just bomb the hell out of Gaza, but they instead choose to use troops on the ground and mask all of it with the white phosphor to try to PREVENT casualties.

"No matter how many leaflets Israel “humanely” dropped telling people to get out of the way, there was just no place to go in Gaza, where 1.5 million people -- half of them children -- are crammed onto a strip of sand smaller than Dane County. This miserable little piece of real estate has been ferociously bombarded since December 27, its borders sealed tight by Egypt and Israel, up through the unilateral cease-fire declared by the latter on January 17."

I always find it interesting how these far leftwing groups MOCK the fact that Israel warns in advance where they will bomb. Would they prefer that Israel do what every other army in the history of the world has done, which is to not harm their military objectives by warning the enemy in advance where they will bomb? And the adjectives in the rest of this paragraph are just... pathetic. "ferociously bombarded"... "half of them children"... I mean, come on. And if that border really was "sealed tight by Egypt" then we wouldn't have this problem. That's the only place that Hamas gets their weapons from.

You get the point. Every line in this article is a lie. The whole thing is basically a love letter to Hamas. Obviously the western media will always be extremely anti-Israel in its coverage, and that's to be expected. We can't expect anti-semitism to just go away when it's been around for so long. But this is one of the more pathetic things I've ever seen. Even Al Jazeera isn't this blatant...

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:16 pm

I just made a batch of hot popcorn with creamy melted butter. It's going to be really cold tonight. Nothing like some hot coco in front of the fire with my lovely wife to keep me warm.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”