Att: Alternativevoice

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Att: Alternativevoice

Postby jjoyce » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:03 pm

My guess is that you don't check the email you used to register for Forum, but the reason your comments are not appearing on this story (http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/artic ... icle=24864) is because you have not supplied your first and last name, as clearly stated on the registration page.

admin
Forum Addict

Re: Att: Alternativevoice

Postby admin » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:45 pm

bump

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:59 am

Erm, bump again.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:05 am

alt voice: Please send me an email if you're having problems supplying your real first and last name, per TDP's commenting requirements. Leaving another anonymously will result in an account suspension.

joyce@isthmus.com
Last edited by jjoyce on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:07 am

I caught a glimpse before you took it down. Pretty vile stuff there AV. Not surprising of course. Come out from under the shadows alternafringejanetbunnyspank.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:35 am

... which, of course, he has every right to say/type. But we have a policy for leaving comments on a story and it's pretty clear: You need to register with your real name.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he is unaware of the policy and simply hasn't gotten around to including his real name on his profile (it's easy to do, but requires reading instructions). But hopefully this thread, along with an email I sent, should make it clear that his account is in danger if he continues to ignore the policy.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:43 am

jjoyce wrote:... which, of course, he has every right to say/type

I'm not so sure you should be that generous. Accusing a publication of supporting terrorism without any cause or evidence is potentially...what's that word?

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:28 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
jjoyce wrote:... which, of course, he has every right to say/type

I'm not so sure you should be that generous. Accusing a publication of supporting terrorism without any cause or evidence is potentially...what's that word?

That article IS supporting terrorism. It is publishing propaganda straight from Hamas. Even Al Jazeera doesn't paint Hamas so nobly, and Israel so evil.

And as I explained in the post, the ENTIRE ARAB WORLD is against Hamas in this battle. Fatah, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan and Saudi Arabia are all on Israel's side. The only ally Hamas has left is Iran (not an Arab country, not that many Americans understand the difference between arabs and persians...). Israel is providing tens of millions of dollars in direct food and emergency aid for Gazan residents that Hamas is stealing and selling to raise more money for weapons. There are videos of Hamas terrorists grabbing small children off the streets and holding them in front of their bodies as they fire at Israeli troops. I mean, it really is unbelievable unless you see it for yourself.

The situation is so bad that Gazan residents have been telling Al Jazeera and Al Arabiya television that they want Hamas to surrender and stop this war - something that they never would have dared before Hamas was so weakened.

The only thing "vile" is that the Isthmus would publish such crap in its paper. Hamas is the most dangerous and crazy terrorist group in the world. They intentionally impoverish and murder their own people as part of their propaganda efforts. If you care about the people of Gaza you MUST oppose Hamas. Gazans will never be anything but propaganda tools and cannon fodder for Hamas until Hamas is removed.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:30 pm

jjoyce wrote:My guess is that you don't check the email you used to register for Forum, but the reason your comments are not appearing on this story (http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/artic ... icle=24864) is because you have not supplied your first and last name, as clearly stated on the registration page.

I did supply a first and last name. They are filled out. Would you prefer "John Doe"?

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:33 pm

I'd just go ahead and ban him/her. Alternawhatever has made it clear they/it believe breaking any sort of rule should bring the fullest most severe punishment regardless of the crime. Maybe we could be nice and ban Alternavoice but let it/her post here on a work release program of some sort.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:40 pm

fisticuffs wrote:I'd just go ahead and ban him/her. Alternawhatever has made it clear they/it believe breaking any sort of rule should bring the fullest most severe punishment regardless of the crime. Maybe we could be nice and ban Alternavoice but let it/her post here on a work release program of some sort.

I am copying and pasting this post so you can't delete it once you realize that it might get you banned. I am submitting it to the website to get you banned. I'm sorry, but your behavior really has gone too far.

Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any moderators on these forums to quickly delete accounts by rude children like yourself. It's too bad, because without active moderators you always end up with a site run by the rudest, noisiest posters. But hopefully a moderator will get around to your behavior soon enough.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:46 pm

I am copying and pasting this post so you can't delete it once you realize that it might get you banned. I am submitting it to the website to get you banned. I'm sorry, but your behavior really has gone too far.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!

Chidlish? Yes a little. But that is one of the funniest posts you've written.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:02 pm

Methinks fisticuffs has a little personal obsession. He is going on other threads where I have posted to lambast me with more personal attacks. Obsessed much? Haha.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:50 pm

See? This is why I don't like censorship.
You guys blew it! Just think:
One post could have taken care of everything in the Mid East.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:51 pm

blunt wrote:See? This is why I don't like censorship.
You guys blew it! Just think:
One post could have taken care of everything in the Mid East.

No, it's about small steps. I think that we can actually see a potential for peace a few decades down the road, and the method is what is going on with the West Bank. Fatah is a terrorist group, of course, but they're different from Hamas. Hamas WANTS the citizens of gaza to die, to be maimed, to be in poverty. The worst thing that can happen to them is peace and prosperity among Palestinians. They want perpetual world war against the jews and all infidels. This is why people who support Hamas, like the author of that terrible propaganda piece that the Isthmus embarrassed itself by published, are working AGAINST the people of gaza. They are trying to help the group that is oppressing the Palestinians.

Fatah, on the other, DOES care about the Palestinians. They are still a terrorist group, and their terrorism should never be condoned, but it is at least done in the misguided attempt to help Palestinians. Right now their top priority is improving the West Bank, and the economy is indeed improving. Israel is working hard with Fatah to bring about rabid economic growth, blunting the incentive for citizens of the West Bank to want to continue with war and terrorism.

And this is making Hamas desperate, which is why they so brazenly attacked Israel just days after Israel took the unilateral peace step of pulling out of all of their settlements on the Gaza strip. They are trying to draw Hezbollah and Fatah into this war, and those two groups won't budge.

Of course, the situation is still complicated, because Israel can't just install Fatah in Gaza. They'd be viewed as Israeli puppets and lose all legitimacy among the Palestinians. So Israel has to keep whacking Hamas down every time they attack, while simultaneously continuing to improve the West Bank. Eventually the people in Gaza will beg to get rid of Hamas when they see how much better things are in the West Bank. In the end, economics will be what will drive peace.

But aiding Hamas only keeps pushing this peace off. We're already decades away from peace... let's not make things worse.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”