Your "point of view" articles suck

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8533
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:00 pm

nevermore wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:Or are you already out? I'm so confused!

Was that necessary?

I take it you didn't find it funny? Nuanced in any way? Can't please anyone these days.

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3833
Joined: Tue May 22, 2001 11:07 am
Contact:

Postby nevermore » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:07 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
nevermore wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:Or are you already out? I'm so confused!

Was that necessary?

I take it you didn't find it funny? Nuanced in any way? Can't please anyone these days.

No, I don't find Flandersesque gay-baiting funny.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8533
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:08 pm

:shock:

Gay-baiting?

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3833
Joined: Tue May 22, 2001 11:07 am
Contact:

Postby nevermore » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:10 pm

OK, I reread that. You're talking ID. Got it. Sorry.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8533
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:11 pm

Okay, phew.

Fat.The.Gangster
Forum Addict
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:05 pm
Location: Easy Street

Postby Fat.The.Gangster » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:20 pm

Marvell wrote:Name of thread: "Your Point of View Articles Suck."

I guess that's the 'constructive criticism' you were whimpering about.

So - add 'liar' and 'hypocrite' to your role-call of positive character traits.

And that your only rhetorical recourse (besides the aforementioned cowardly mendacity) is to continue to offer up pathetic ad hominem crap is definitely a function of you and what a profoundly shitty person you are.


I started this thread with a very detailed entry chronicling my issues with the Isthmus. When people offered something substantive to say in response, I followed up with legitimate answers or further points of contention. In some sort of first for intellectual ineptitude, you then circularly accused me of stating an opinion with no objective basis, despite the fact that, clearly, I was only stating my opinion. Dude, of course my opinion is subjective; that's why they call it an opinion. You stated in your own "mash the keyboard with palms" kind of way that you disagreed with my opinion, and didn't think it a worthwhile pursuit. I disagreed and made fun of you for using this anonymous message board the way a twelve-year old girl uses her diary, including the use of bad soul poetry.

I think we're caught up. I will gladly cop to making fun of people like you, Shipley, and TBP whose very existence is predicated upon breathlessly waiting for affirmation from people who are looking for the same on an anonymous message board. Maybe you can use the rest of your responses here to clarify or refute my very real criticism of the Isthmus instead of drawing attention to your own sad sociopathology.
Last edited by Fat.The.Gangster on Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:19 pm
Location: Right behind you.

Postby blunt » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:20 pm

nevermore wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:
nevermore wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:Or are you already out? I'm so confused!

Was that necessary?

I take it you didn't find it funny? Nuanced in any way? Can't please anyone these days.

No, I don't find Flandersesque gay-baiting funny.


Whew.
I can't tell who is mad at or making fun of or stroking who now.
I've always been quite open about the fact that I am neither gay nor straight.
I swing both ways:
I'm a GATE. Come on in!
But my sexuality never comes up (haha) unless we're going to have sex together.
Are we?
An outing can be so may things:
A drive in the country, a traumatic life-shattering expose, or a protruding bellybutton.
No, I was just lamenting the tendency toward feeling it necessary to always provide someone's birthname in discussions or news stories. I am sick of reporters always wrecking the smooth flow of prose by having to anally remind us of every celebrity's real name. Why the fuck do you think they chose to change it?
I don't like my balloons being burst all the time.
This Forum is an abstract akashic record of idealized personalities, not fucking voter registration.
And I can't be any further outer than I am within.

Marvell: sorry you got a boo-boo on your heart.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:19 pm
Location: Right behind you.

Postby blunt » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:34 pm

And I'm a lot gayer than Kenneth.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7017
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:28 pm
Location: At one with time and space

Postby Marvell » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:20 pm

Fat.The.Gangster wrote:I think we're caught up. I will gladly cop to making fun of people like you, Shipley, and TBP whose very existence is predicated upon breathlessly waiting for affirmation from people who are looking for the same on an anonymous message board. Maybe you can use the rest of your responses here to clarify or refute my very real criticism of the Isthmus instead of drawing attention to your own sad sociopathology.


Well, I have to hand it to you - you're as shitty as an amateur psychologist as you are as a literary critic.

My very existence is predicated on doing whatever the fuck I want to, and ignoring the whinging of intellectual and ethical cripples.

Maybe you can use the rest of your responses to dig yourself further into your hole of abject scumbaggery. It's not going to get you the huzzahs of approval from the kewl kidz you so nakedly crave, but let's face it - you're the human equivalent of smegma; what did you think was going to happen?

For the record: I never disagreed with Fat.The.Pinhead's opinion - why would I? I didn't read the articles, because that kind of shit bores me.

What I ridiculed were your moronic 'tactics' (guaranteed to change nothing), your needlessly splenetic rhetoric (which you're now desperately trying to spin as 'reasoned' and 'precise'), and your overwhelming sense of aggrieved self-importance. Your response was to act like (ironically enough) some junior high 'mean girl.'

Which is, I suspect, pretty much what you aspire to be = the 'Heather' of the Daily Page.

Again - congratulations.

Fat.The.Gangster
Forum Addict
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:05 pm
Location: Easy Street

Postby Fat.The.Gangster » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:38 pm

Marvell wrote:Well, I have to hand it to you - you're as shitty as an amateur psychologist as you are as a literary critic.

My very existance is predicated on doing whatever the fuck I want to, and ignoring the whinging of intellectual and ethical cripples.

Maybe you can use the rest of your responses to dig yourself further into your hole of abject scumbaggery. It's not going to get you the huzzahs of approval from the kewl kidz you so nakedly crave, but let's face it - you're the human equivalent of schmegma; what did you think was going to happen?


I am not concerned with what the cool kids think and if I did, I certainly wouldn't come here for their approval, seeing as though the ranks of this board is populated with dimwits, halfwits, and the socially vanquished such as yourself. Indeed, coming from someone who has amassed over 5,000 posts seeking solace from an indifferent and anonymous audience, your accusations, name calling, and armchair psychology ring a little hollow. Honestly, Marvell (or whoever is behind the countenance), it's time to leave the house, find a hobby, job, or non-virtual friend and leave the ranting for someone else.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7017
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:28 pm
Location: At one with time and space

Postby Marvell » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Fat.The.Gangster wrote:I am not concerned with what the cool kids think and if I did, I certainly wouldn't come here for their approval, seeing as though the ranks of this board is populated with dimwits, halfwits, and the socially vanquished such as yourself. Indeed, coming from someone who has amassed over 5,000 posts seeking solace from an indifferent and anonymous audience, your accusations, name calling, and armchair psychology ring a little hollow. Honestly, Marvell (or whoever is behind the countenance), it's time to leave the house, find a hobby, job, or non-virtual friend and leave the ranting for someone else.


Uh huh.

And why are you here again? To shine a light into our socially vanquished lives?

I call total bullshit on you and your pathetically naked projection.

And you can take your advice and shove it up your ass. I'm doing fine, FTG; worry about your own sad shit.

donges
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1538
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2001 1:03 pm
Location: between the lines...
Contact:

Postby donges » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:48 pm

Fat.The.Gangster wrote: seeing as though the ranks of this board is populated with dimwits, halfwits, and the socially vanquished such as yourself.

I wasn't planning on being involved with this 'discussion'. But way to alienate everyone.
And, since you are here and just as rank as the rest of us, you are including yourself?

blunt
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:19 pm
Location: Right behind you.

Postby blunt » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:33 am

donges wrote:
Fat.The.Gangster wrote: seeing as though the ranks of this board is populated with dimwits, halfwits, and the socially vanquished such as yourself.

I wasn't planning on being involved with this 'discussion'. But way to alienate everyone.
And, since you are here and just as rank as the rest of us, you are including yourself?



You guys say that like it's a bad thing.


Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests