Contempt for the community...

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
butters
Forum God/Goddess

Contempt for the community...

Postby butters » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:43 pm

One of the things i like about this forum is that on rare occasions we get to hear directly from an alderperson about their proposed ordinance or from a developer with details about their building project. When they give feedback to our questions, it can be very informative. Then, like clockwork, they get called everything from "dumbass bitch" to "douchebag". So like any normal person, they say, "Hey fuck this. I don't need this shit." And then we lose a valuable resource on this forum, someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:50 pm

Contrary to popular belief, we don't read every post that goes up on this board (would you? don't answer that), so if you have a particular gripe, please include a link.

butters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby butters » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:54 pm

jjoyce wrote:Contrary to popular belief, we don't read every post that goes up on this board (would you? don't answer that), so if you have a particular gripe, please include a link.

Nah. Just a general observation.

magic moose
Forum God/Goddess

Postby magic moose » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:06 pm

I have great respect for the folks of community standing who run the gauntlet of TDPF - knowing full well what abuse they are potentially in for. Because even in this rabble there are concerned citizens that appreciate the effort and can see through any base comments. Arlene Silveira, Lucy Mathiak, Robbie Webber come to mind immediately.

In some way it is a badge of honor for them - and reasons I like them so much. Only the strong can take the heat... the weak shrink.

Not that we should condone abuse. That's the wrong word perhaps, but there are a good number of folks here that do provide "abrupt criticism" - pointed, but occasionally very thoughtful as well.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”