if you could tweek tdpf

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
crevice beatle
Forum Addict

if you could tweek tdpf

Postby crevice beatle » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:09 am

i know this may belong in the "Comments on the Daily Page" section but i'd rather bring it up here as a discussion - i don't feel i post enough here to be make any serious requests so i'd rather just see what other people's thougts are on how they would change the page if they could.

if i had the power to tweek tdpf, i'd remove a couple topics and replace them with new ones...

i'm lost as to why the wisconsin film festival has it's own topic heading - this occurs once a year and while it can contribute to good forum talk, i'm assuming it is used only in the month before and after the festival - seems unnessary for it to have it's own section.
"best movie one liners" is another topic heading that probaly could have it's own user created thread from time to time imo.

if i got rid of these i would add a topic section on travel. i realize this could already be put in sports/recreation but i think many madisonites are well traveled and would have plenty to talk about regarding various destinations in state and world wide. Plenty of advice to share.

i think i would also add a section dedicated strictly to madison events. it would encompass more than just music/art....namely all the neighborhood festivals, farmers markets, beerfest, filmfest, etc.

as a person who has kinda lurched around this page on and off for the past 6 years, i'm always surprised to come back and see virtually no changes to some of the tired discussion topics. regardless, i come back for a reason and overall i really enjoy using tdpf.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:46 pm

I second the suggestion for a travel section. I've been to over a dozen different countries in the last couple years and I would like to talk about my trips with other forons and get ideas for future travels.

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:21 pm

I'd add a forum for local business feedback. a better business bureau for forons. a lot of times I'd like to keep my money local, and don't know who's good or who even provides the product or service I'm looking for.

I agree that movies could be consolidated to a single more active movie folder.

Bruno
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bruno » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:57 pm

More glitter text and maybe some music that starts autoplaying and doesn't have a stop button.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:01 pm

I asked for a TV section and TDP provided.
I asked for a Movie Discussion area separate from Reviews and TDP provided.
I ask for my own column or blog and then they shut down.
But still.

pulseCzar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulseCzar » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:15 am

I think the travel section was suggested a few years ago but I can't recall the reason it wasn't added. It'd be interesting to hear about the places (some) forons have journeyed.

Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:01 am

Bruno wrote:...maybe some music that starts autoplaying and doesn't have a stop button.

Make it Black Sabbath and you've got a second.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:51 pm

I think Hype Exchange should be retitled Tripe Exchange. (It's just offal!)

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:57 pm

pulseCzar wrote:I think the travel section was suggested a few years ago but I can't recall the reason it wasn't added. It'd be interesting to hear about the places (some) forons have journeyed.

That was my suggestion. I retired two years ago and since then I've been to Croatia, Italy, Greece, Turkey, the Bahamas, St. Martin, Aruba, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guatamala, Nicaragua, Panama, Columbia, Mexico and Canada. Within the States, I've been from Alaska to Arizona to Key West and places in between.

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:52 pm

I've been to Sheboygan, Cudahy, and Beloit.

Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:04 pm

I'd be willing to spend the extra 7 grand for the XLE Limited Eddie Bauer Edition TDPF. Leather seats are a must, not to mention the side curtain airbags (safety, safety, safety), the DVD system (mollify, mollify, mollify), and the trailer hitch (I don't pull anything major, except myself, of course, but something about a hitch exudes power).

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:16 am

I would like a donut when I log on in the morning. I would hit the return key, the index pops up, and my disc tray slides open with a donut on it.

A daily page donut.

A foron fritter.

Or how about a little box on the index page with a randomly selected "featured foron" every day. If that person walks into the Isthmus offices and gives their password they get a prize.

Donuts are a good prize.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:50 am

Happy ending, please.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:08 pm

Travel for sure. Planning a trip to Spain, time to start a new thread...

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:28 pm

I think some people are tweeking when they post here as it is.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”