the good ol' days...

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:47 pm

Geeez....is there room on his cock for my hand too?

Chuck was a sharp writer but the ability to string together a bunch of cuss words can be found in most any schoolyard.

nickled&dimed
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nickled&dimed » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:59 pm

narcoleptish wrote:Geeez....is there room on his cock for my hand too?

Chuck was a sharp writer but the ability to string together a bunch of cuss words can be found in most any schoolyard.

I doubt there's room for any body's hands but his own. He must be compensating for something.

I disagree narc. any dumb ass can cuss. but some people just cuss better than others. I remember when I saw "Do the Right Thing"- I saw it in France, with French subtitles. I was reading while I was listening, and I remember thinking "Man, these folks really aren't very good at cussing. "merde" this, and "merde that". Nothing like "your nose is so far up his ass that you can count his ribs". not that that's from the movie, but i can't remember any quotes right now.

The Americans were laughing their butts off, and the French looked at us with disdain. "Don't you stupid americans know that racisme est serieux? That made me laugh harder.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:32 pm

Yeah, I hear ya. But someone had to counter all that chucklove.

nickled&dimed
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nickled&dimed » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:38 pm

I think he left because he was getting too fuzzy in the brain, what with being happily married, and crap like that.

chubby
Forum Addict

Postby chubby » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:57 pm

Ed Breakfast wrote:Exactly. Thanks.

what a brilliant comment! keep 'em comin'!

chubby
Forum Addict

Re: the good ol' days...

Postby chubby » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:03 am

zsa zsa wrote:who remembers when this forum was a fun, and exciting place to visit? It seems like every thread gets turned into a bitch-fest, full of whiny snot-nosed little brats! I used to be the whiny brat, but I don't think I ever went as far as to pick a fight.

It was a nice place to visit....now it seems I rarely post just to stay away from the riff-raff.

there, I have bitched.

if only we could keep out the riff-raff i would never have to read any dissenting opinions! what a wonderful world this would be.

nickled&dimed
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nickled&dimed » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:11 am

chubby wrote:
zsa zsa wrote:It was a nice place to visit....now it seems I rarely post just to stay away from the riff-raff.

if only we could keep out the riff-raff i would never have to read any dissenting opinions! what a wonderful world this would be.

Oh Dumb ass of my dreams: the opinions dissented. they just dissented in intelligent ways, instead of predictable bleating dissent that doesn't ever actually respond to what is actually being said- Knee jerking isn't dissent.

neither is circle jerking with a republican pot-mit emblazoned with McCain's name gracing your paw.

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Re:

Postby MadMind » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:29 am

jjoyce wrote:2. This board is pretty old, relatively speaking. I just read a similar thread about an ultimate discussion board and I think the common view is that stuff isn't what it used to be all over. As "used to be" experiences mount, that will inevitably be true for more and more people.

When did the DPF forum debut?

Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Re:

Postby Bunny Chow » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:11 am

MadMind wrote:
jjoyce wrote:2. This board is pretty old, relatively speaking. I just read a similar thread about an ultimate discussion board and I think the common view is that stuff isn't what it used to be all over. As "used to be" experiences mount, that will inevitably be true for more and more people.

When did the DPF forum debut?

Before I got knocked up with my last kid, who is now 7. It was hosted on Bravenet.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:09 am

It was never hosted on bravenet. TDP has been at either Berbee or 5Nines.

The modern era of TDPF started in April of 2001, but there was a stripped-down version running when I showed up in December, 1998.

Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bunny Chow » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:41 pm

jjoyce wrote:It was never hosted on bravenet. TDP has been at either Berbee or 5Nines.

The modern era of TDPF started in April of 2001, but there was a stripped-down version running when I showed up in December, 1998.

pretty sure it was bravenet. it had a purple background and looked just like a bravenet. B4 UR TIME maybe? Go ask someone.

zsa zsa? paco? daisy?

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:20 pm

jjoyce wrote:The modern era of TDPF started in April of 2001, but there was a stripped-down version running when I showed up in December, 1998.

If that's the case, I wonder if I'm one of the 'old-timers'. I got my first computer/internet in 1998. I'm not sure how long it took me to find TDPF and actually join, but I know it had to be before 2004 (as my profile states). Because I remember you banned me that one time for posting the same thread under multiple topics.
What can I say, I was a total forum noob!

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”