Suspect in Marino killing spotted, cops unresponsive

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
christopher_robin
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3012
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:46 am

Suspect in Marino killing spotted, cops unresponsive

Postby christopher_robin » Thu May 08, 2008 8:14 am

http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/art ... icle=22569

Jason Shepard is doing some fine work lately.

"A key witness in the Joel Marino murder investigation says he saw Marino's killer walking along West Shore Drive six weeks ago, but he believes police did not take his call seriously."

I'm very interested in the police response.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Postby jjoyce » Thu May 08, 2008 10:06 am


lordofthecockrings
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1318
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:06 pm

Postby lordofthecockrings » Fri May 09, 2008 2:39 pm


Wait a minute. A critical public service that's under resourced?

Get the fuck out!

reality
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:37 am

Postby reality » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:15 am

Not surprised about this at all. Could have sworn the girl I saw on the bike path by the Kohl Center at 1:45am last June was Kelly Nolan. When they were still looking for her I called crimestoppers, told them what I saw and never heard from the police. Guess they're too busy making sure people don't smoke in bars.

lordofthecockrings
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1318
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:06 pm

Postby lordofthecockrings » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:55 am

reality wrote:Guess they're too busy making sure people don't smoke in bars.

Yeah! I can't count the number of times I've seen cops hassling smokers in bars!

Of course, that's only because I don't have to count to reach ZERO.

Veeder
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:34 pm

Postby Veeder » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:08 am

lordofthecockrings wrote:

Wait a minute. A critical public service that's under resourced?

Get the fuck out!


An inept government-run entity (regardless of budget)? How shocking!

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2090
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:13 am
Location: college park, md
Contact:

Postby Shipley » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:43 am

I'd love to hear how a privately run 911 center would work, Veeder.

Visa or Mastercharge?

Veeder
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:34 pm

Postby Veeder » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:48 am

Shipley wrote:I'd love to hear how a privately run 911 center would work, Veeder.

Visa or Mastercharge?


99% of the posts on this board complain about government but yet everyone wants more of it. Maybe its time to rethink the way its run.

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2090
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:13 am
Location: college park, md
Contact:

Postby Shipley » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:53 am

Way to dodge the question.

Complaining about Government doesn't mean we should get rid of it, just means we need to improve it.
And yes I agree that simply throwing money at a program doesn't make it better, but if the problem is chronic underfunding, then how else do you improve it?

reality
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:37 am

Postby reality » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:25 pm

lordofthecockrings wrote:
reality wrote:Guess they're too busy making sure people don't smoke in bars.

Yeah! I can't count the number of times I've seen cops hassling smokers in bars!

Of course, that's only because I don't have to count to reach ZERO.


Obviously you don't keep up on things, but I went extreme, the ban is a pet peeve of mine. If you think it's zero go into our newspapers archives and look it up. They raided bars and wrote tickets.
But the point is we give the cops all these stupid unneccesary laws to enforce when they could be using they're time on real crimes.

roadkill bill
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1706
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:33 am
Contact:

Postby roadkill bill » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:22 pm

reality wrote:Obviously you don't keep up on things, but I went extreme, the ban is a pet peeve of mine. If you think it's zero go into our newspapers archives and look it up. They raided bars and wrote tickets.
But the point is we give the cops all these stupid unneccesary laws to enforce when they could be using they're time on real crimes.


Using extreme examples, that aren't even relevant to the situation (the health Dept enforces the smoking ban, just like all the other health codes) doens't help your credibility.

Neither does poor grammar. They're = they are. I believe you are looking for the possessive of they, which is their.

I know, I hate the grammar police too, but someone has to help you not be such a doofus. Try that in a business letter and see how much it diminishes your influence.


Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests