Why does the DPF allow anonymity anyway?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
lordofthecockrings
Forum God/Goddess

Why does the DPF allow anonymity anyway?

Postby lordofthecockrings » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:03 pm

Today mark's the umpteenth time Jason has invoked the "easy for you to say, Mr. Anonymous" line. all the while he's going off in other threads about how he's slain the latest troll, deleted this or that or wahtever.

My question is if it's such a fucking problem for you, why allow anonymous posting to begin with? If your opinion is that an anonymous opinion is for shit....why not quit bitching and do something about it?

Bucky Goldstein
Forum Addict

Postby Bucky Goldstein » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:21 pm

i'm guessing that while he has the ability to delete threads and be a self-serving moderator, decisions like that are above his pay grade.

pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Why does the DPF allow anonymity anyway?

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:21 pm

lordofthecockrings wrote:if it's such a fucking problem for you, why allow anonymous posting to begin with?

If TDPF required people to use their real names as log-ins, no one would post here.

"Isthmus Publishing Inc" does not care what people post here as long as they are making money and the majority of posters (somewhat believably) agree with collectivist propaganda aggregation.

jjoyce only acts like daddy when normal people call "Isthmus Publishing Inc" on their Bull Shit.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:24 pm

PM you are anything but "normal people". I still don't understand why you continue you post here given as much hatred as you have for "Isthmus Publishing Inc".

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:24 pm

pulsewidth modulation wrote:jjoyce only acts like daddy when normal people call "Isthmus Publishing Inc" out on their Bull Shit.

'Normal' people?

Bipolar obsessive-compulsive misogynistic homophobic political illiterates may be a lot of things, but you sure as fuck aren't normal.

lordofthecockrings
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lordofthecockrings » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:26 pm

pulsewidth modulation wrote:If TDPF required people to use their real names as log-ins, no one would post here.

Bingo.

This is precisely why I find all these protestations so comical. What's that saying about that hand that feeds you?

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:28 pm

I wouldn't have a problem with it but my real name sounds as much like an anonymous login as Fisticuffs.

Galoot
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Galoot » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:33 pm

I'd have used my real name, but someone already used it.

Thanks a lot, blunt, you fucking namerobber.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:33 pm

Does anyone know of an Internet forum that requires posters to use their real names? And if so, how could the site know for sure that the names given are real?

Galoot
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Galoot » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:34 pm

^^^^ And there's the guy that used my mom's name.

GRRRRRR.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:42 pm

Galoot wrote:^^^^ And there's the guy that used my mom's name.

GRRRRRR.

Sorry. :oops:

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:47 pm

Can something be allowable and still subject to criticism?

Being anonymous here is completely cool, acceptable, admirable, constructive, etc. 99% of the time. There's no reason why this can't be an escape for people during the workday or whatever.

But some are personally degrading, particularly to those who are NOT anonymous, in a way they never would be if they signed their name. There's nothing wrong with that, per se, but in a heated argument, I think it disqualifies the anonymous person. If you're going to go after someone personally but aren't willing to put yourself out there for a response, then I think that speaks to your lack of guts and maybe integrity. It's not okay to call people out on that?

PM is a perfect example of this. He has a lot to say about how others do their jobs, but he tells us nothing about his own background. Is he ashamed of something or afraid of being exposed as a fraud?

Forum benefits from anonymity far more often than not. But when people who work hard on behalf of their community can't show up here to discuss things without being targeted by clowns who only spout vitriol because they'll never have to personally answer for it, the board suffers. The very fact that you know who I am, how long I've been at this and other things about me allows you to figure out the value of my point of view on the matter. Isn't it fair to assume that anonymous flame throwers know nothing about anything, until they can prove otherwise?

Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:47 pm

Sheppy is my Mom.

pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:24 pm

jjoyce wrote:PM is a perfect example of this. He has a lot to say about how others do their jobs

Apples to oranges... My job doesn't involve allocation of taxation, determination of public theft mechanisms, or the application of brutal legal force against area investors who are not members of the privileged isthmus elite.

Progressive Dane is open game. Downtown Madison Inc is fair game. The Capitol Times is fair game. Trolley Dave is definitely open for hunting season.

Since when did I ever claim to be anything other than a forum fraud? Nothing has changed... This is an internet forum. What do you expect? Besides... Your ramblings are repetitive and tiresome. You put my DPF existence to the public test; the public decided I wasn't enough of an issue to be concerned with. Yet, you repeat yourself once again... Get a life pal.

Bucky Goldstein
Forum Addict

Postby Bucky Goldstein » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:25 pm

jjoyce wrote: Isn't it fair to assume that anonymous flame throwers know nothing about anything, until they can prove otherwise?

i just puked all over myself.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”