Props to J. Joyce for Lisa Stone article

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Props to J. Joyce for Lisa Stone article

Postby Marvell » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:30 pm

I just wanted to complement Jason Joyce on his article about Lisa Stone and Badgerball in the most recent Isthmus.

I especially appreciated your underlining the significance of Jolene Anderson never making it to the NCAA's. I don't think enough people appreciate just how good Jolene is - that she's the women's equivalent of a Devin Harris or an Alando Tucker.

Port Wing Jolene is going to be a major star in the WNBA, regardless of what happens this season. But if Stone can't get the team's ticket punched for the post-season - and that looks like a long bet at the moment - then I think Barry really has no choice except to look in a different direction.

jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:51 pm

Yeah Ditto from me J.
Out of all the games I've worked at the KC the women's bball have been my fave.

pulseCzar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulseCzar » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:56 am

I liked the article also. As I recall, there were better options at the time Stone was hired. It felt like Stone's connections to the UW got her the job over more qualified candidates.

Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:08 pm

I can't figure out why the women's team has taken a step backwards this year. They seem to find ways to lose, rather than find ways to win. I haven't watched many games this year, but what I've seen is the defense is very loose.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:55 am

This is what I love about Forum: Just a few dudes sitting around talking about women's hoops 'sall.

Thanks for the props. I think Badger women's basketball could and should be a sport people around here care about. If they were good, it could be revenue generating (see Tenn., UConn) and fun to follow. Stone has failed to not only produce a winner, but also sufficiently fire up the local sports fan base to come out and see a pretty good product. Why should average attendance drop when the best player in the history of the program is on the floor?

Anyway, the gratuitous link:
http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/art ... icle=20342

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”