Memo to Uberhack Vikki Kratz

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Memo to Uberhack Vikki Kratz

Postby nevermore » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:13 pm

You. Are. Not. Funny.

Seriously, if you have to put a tag on the end of an article explaining that what you wrote is "satire", then even you are admitting that your effort is a wasted one.

Leave the funny to the professionals and go back to your sky-green/water-dry style of local political reportage.

lordofthecockrings
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lordofthecockrings » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:24 pm

Good Christ, that's awful!

Seriously, do the editors at Isthmus ever edit for content, or just grammar and punctuation? Because that sad piece of grade-schoolish tripe should never have made it off the laser printer.

This woman should be lucky to be writing up the police report for some local Coupon Clipper. I've driven by fatal accidents funnier than that shit.

Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:06 pm

I wouldn't trust too much of what Jane Doe says. I hear she's fucking Ruben Mamoulian.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:16 pm

Oprah wrote:I wouldn't trust too much of what Jane Doe says. I hear she's fucking Ruben Mamoulian.

Priceless.

But seriously, what's the fucking deal with that premise, anyway? Is it supposed to be funny? Is there a pop culture reference I'm not getting? It's irritating as shit, either way.

magic moose
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Memo to Uberhack Vikki Kratz

Postby magic moose » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:35 pm

nevermore wrote:sky-green/water-dry

I'd like a Hamms right about now.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Memo to Uberhack Vikki Kratz

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:37 pm

magic moose wrote:
nevermore wrote:sky-green/water-dry

I'd like a Hamms right about now.

I thought nevermore was talking about that Tina Turner song that Wagstaff yelled at me for liking.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:00 pm

Is it time?
For a Foronsic takeover of Isthmus?

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:29 pm

Is it time?

That depends. Are you talking about the Paper or the land mass?

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:44 pm

blunt wrote:Is it time?

It would be just like another takeover project starting with "I": Sweeping in physically would be no problem but the occupation and resulting insurgency would be a bitch to handle.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:45 pm

Couldnt we just give everyone a bag of pot and a hacky sack? Where's your insurgency now?

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:01 pm

More Viktacular hackery from http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/artic ... icle=22385
Dane County Board
Thursday, April 24, 7 p.m.
Room 201 of the City-County Building
Agenda

The new County Board, with its six newbie supervisors, meets for the first time. But as usual, there’s nothing on the agenda worth caring about.

Uh, Vikki, you might have been too busy watching American Idol or something, but the new County Board met for the first time last Tuesday. Just informin' you.

Also, if Isthmus bothers to pay somebody to write "...as usual, there’s nothing on the agenda worth caring about." (tell that to the neighbors of the zoning petition applicants or to the outdoor enthusiasts interested in Cam-Rock Park, the Ice Age trail and Cherokee Marsh), then Isthmus should forfeit the right to wring their collective hands over how disengaged everybody is in local government. Seriously, what a horrible thing to write.

ShaneDog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ShaneDog » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:39 pm

Did she really use the word "newbie?" Doesn't she know that it's now "n00b?" Let me guess. She did it for the lulz.

vkratz

Postby vkratz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:04 pm

nevermore wrote:More Viktacular hackery from http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/artic ... icle=22385
Dane County Board
Agenda

The new County Board, with its six newbie supervisors, meets for the first time. But as usual, there’s nothing on the agenda worth caring about.

Uh, Vikki, you might have been too busy watching American Idol or something, but the new County Board met for the first time last Tuesday. Just informin' you.

That was just the organizational meeting. I'm talking about the first formal meeting of the County Board.

I don't watch American Idol. I'm more of a Frontline kind of person.

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:53 pm

vkratz wrote:
nevermore wrote:More Viktacular hackery from http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/artic ... icle=22385
Dane County Board
Agenda

That was just the organizational meeting. I'm talking about the first formal meeting of the County Board.

I don't watch American Idol. I'm more of a Frontline kind of person.

Riiiiiiiiggght...And there's probably a good reason you once called John Gard a Senator.

Also, way to not take responsibility for dumbing down the local political discourse I brought up in my other paragraph. Hack.

ShaneDog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ShaneDog » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:32 pm

Here comes a threadjack: Why do they post the agenda as a "scanned-image" PDF instead of one that is full-text searchable? I'm guessing it's probably because they're not tech-savvy enough to realize the difference.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”