Coming next week....

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
Stomach
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1345
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:28 pm

Postby Stomach » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:45 am

Can it be fashioned into a diaper?

lordofthecockrings
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1318
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:06 pm

Postby lordofthecockrings » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:26 am

Marvell wrote:Does it come in a unitard?

No, but damn if that term doesn't perfectly describe some of the one-note wonder trolls on this board.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:19 pm
Location: Right behind you.

Postby blunt » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:08 pm

lordofthecockrings wrote:
Marvell wrote:Does it come in a unitard?

No, but damn if that term doesn't perfectly describe some of the one-note wonder trolls on this board.


Backpeddling irreligous spinner.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:19 pm
Location: Right behind you.

Postby blunt » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:07 pm

The other thing that gives me a purple nipple is that I had just finished designing my own Foron T-shirt
(aplogies and no disrespect to the Isthmus artist):
The front had FORONWARD! in a much larger and more intwresting font pasted over the lower back of a large and more attractive Miss Forward who has been digitally manipurlated to turn her head to look back at us. Duh: not Forward but FORONWARD.
And the back of the short sported a different but even more attractive and interesting font saying:
FORONS IN MY LIFE
I HAVE SOMEONE WHO LOVES ME

oh well.
You should really consult me on these kinds of things.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 21650
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:36 am


Maxine
Forum Addict
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:39 am

Postby Maxine » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:43 am

If you wear the shirt everyday will it protect you from trolls in the same way that the Mormon's magic underwear protect them from evil?

blunt
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:19 pm
Location: Right behind you.

Postby blunt » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:51 pm

Ever notice that when things get real, admin and jjoyce disappear?
Probably busy combing the DP for more article and promotional ideas to appropriate.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 12960
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:42 pm

Postby snoqueen » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:56 pm

Maxine wrote:If you wear the shirt everyday will it protect you from trolls in the same way that the Mormon's magic underwear protect them from evil?


You are mixed up, as usual.

UnderSHIRTS protect you from the sun and the rain.

UnderPANTS protect you from evil.

See?

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Postby jjoyce » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:56 am

The reason they're more is because we didn't get as many printed. Also, they're three colors (I think), which is more than one color. I questioned the price as well, but it's a Wildwood production, which is top quality.

As for competing designs, there's no trademark on the word Foron (as far as I know). We're not likely to pursue a lawsuit against blunt's shirt shack should it decide to print a different version.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:19 pm
Location: Right behind you.

Postby blunt » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:39 pm

Uh, that's not the point, jjoyce.
Me (for producing both name and slogan) and nevermore (for Forons) and chance (for Foronward) (for writing brand copy) should be getting royalties regardless.
Let alone a free shirt.
I know posting here is your property but after shooting beautifully huge creative wads into your digital shredder and never saying thank you and then charging us for our own results, you should remember how all this got here:
Forons in general, and a few Fororns specifically.
So you screw us two ways: not cutting us in and not appreciating our content.
You're better than that!
Forons are humans, too.
Most anyway.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 21650
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:04 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:How about a free t for Forons with at least 5,000 posts?

OK, I'll raise that to seven thou. Gotta keep blunt posting.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:19 pm
Location: Right behind you.

Postby blunt » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:38 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:How about a free t for Forons with at least 5,000 posts?

OK, I'll raise that to seven thou. Gotta keep blunt posting.


No! I won't make another post!
Aagh! Dammit!!!!

blunt
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:19 pm
Location: Right behind you.

Postby blunt » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:39 pm

After this latest snub by Isthmus I will leave the forum at the end of the year..........

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5578
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:22 pm

Postby supaunknown » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:58 pm

blunt wrote:After this latest snub by Isthmus I will leave the forum at the end of the year..........

Are you finally starting up that band with AJ Love, Chuck Shick, and Mister Blues?

Sorry you got snubbed again blunt. Can't believe they haven't yet hired/fired you as a feature writer. Seriously though Isthmus, it's time to employ blunt. He's funny and he knows this city better than most. Shit, what do you pay your writers anyways? He'd probably do it for free pizza.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:19 pm
Location: Right behind you.

Postby blunt » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:53 pm

supaunknown wrote:
blunt wrote:After this latest snub by Isthmus I will leave the forum at the end of the year..........

Are you finally starting up that band with AJ Love, Chuck Shick, and Mister Blues?

Sorry you got snubbed again blunt. Can't believe they haven't yet hired/fired you as a feature writer. Seriously though Isthmus, it's time to employ blunt. He's funny and he knows this city better than most. Shit, what do you pay your writers anyways? He'd probably do it for free pizza.


I know, right!
My insider informant tells me that certain staffers are fearful that adding me to the roster will erode their status and power.
My superior observational powers and wit, you know.
Sad, but understandable.


Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest