To all the forons I've loved before...

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

To all the forons I've loved before...

Postby white_rabbit » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:53 pm

I miss cattyr, kurt_w, Tarek and of course Chuck. And nickel&dimed doesn't hang out with as much as she used to either. Miss you all.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:07 pm

Same with Snoqueen. Doesn't lordofthecockrings remind you of Chuck? Maybe he is, or maybe he is just channeling him.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:14 pm

Henry Vilas wrote: Doesn't lordofthecockrings remind you of Chuck?

I kind of thought that with the "Your mother sure has shitty aim with a coat hanger" post he made to Woe!NOW! but LOTCR hasn't quit risen to the Schickian level of offensive poetry that Chuck was able to produce. Plus LOTCR existed before the exit of Chuck, so I don't think he would have created a sock puppet in advance. Although he did say he would resurface again in some other form...sort of like the Jesus miracle. I think LOTCR is more or less filling the void left by Chuck.

mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:15 pm

You fellows must be feeling snowed in today too.

It does seem like a good number of intelligent, thoughtful* voices have drifted away, and the Forum's signal-to-noise ratio is definitely the worse for it.

On the bright side, though, Oprah is fast becoming one of my new favorite Forons, mostly for his ability to combine thoughtfulness and pure silliness in just the right proportions.

(*Or, in Chuck's case, highly intelligent, vulgar and insulting!)

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:33 pm

white_rabbit wrote:Plus LOTCR existed before the exit of Chuck, so I don't think he would have created a sock puppet in advance.

I too noticed he appeared before Chuck got his 10,000 post and left the stage. But I think Chuck might have planned it so.

meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:53 pm

I still chat with Chuck. He's alive and well and working at a job that keeps him busy and he actually likes. So until the bough breaks, the baby ain't falling back onto the DPF. That said, his friend/foe Prof Wagstaff has been a bit more absent as well. Perhaps bile settles eventually?

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Recherche du temps perdu

Postby Marvell » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:57 am

You couldn't prove it by me - I'm as curdled as I've ever been.

I was in Arena the other day, and thought of cattyr; I have a little laminated card she gave me on my birthday one year that reads '4ON' - it's stuck to my cpu on the desk in my study; I can see it as I type this.

'Online community' is one of those phrases that gets tossed around, but for better or worse the lines between the Forum and 'real life' have sometimes blurred for me.

cattyr always blurred in a good way. I ran into her once at a pig roast at a Harley bar in Blue Mound - perhaps the first time that there were at least two people at a pig roast in Blue Mound who had read Proust. I won a little blue six-pack cooler huggie thing as a door prize; I still use it with pride, a talisman of drunken deeds of yore.

Memory is a funny thing; at some point you realize that it's more a reckoning of all you have lost from your life than it is a tally of those found in it. And that the proportion will just keep sliding to the lost slide, from here until the grave.

But.

We can always keep hoping for the slight return.

Whatta ya say, cattyr? If you're out there lurking somewhere, can we persuade you to de-cloak one time - for old time's sake?

It's the kids these days. They don't know what the Forum was like, back when...

jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Recherche du temps perdu

Postby jammybastard » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:29 pm

Marvell wrote:It's the kids these days. They don't know what the Forum was like, back when...

Maybe the first 2 years, but beyond that it was a quick trip to the bottom. So much negativity.

cattyr
Forum God/Goddess

Postby cattyr » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:09 pm

Hey all - don't have much tiime or inclination to explain my prolonged absence - none of it is good or glamorous. Plus I seem to be very MAC-challenged, as in I should be in a MAC special olympics (or limpets, as the case may be).

I miss you all and will post again when when I'm more coherent and less fumbly-fingered.

P.S. How 'bout that Huckabee Finn?

Prosit, Cat

P.P.S. This took me like 15 minutes to type. Please never text me.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”