Blaska Blog, Round I

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Blaska Blog, Round I

Postby jjoyce » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:31 pm

That's right... TDP has teamed with one David Blaska for some right-wing blogginess:

Let the bloodbath begin!

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:55 pm

Oh, and don't forget, you can comment directly on this and other posts from The Daily using your forum account to log in. We only ask that you provide your full, real name.

Nick Berigan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Nick Berigan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:31 pm

pffft. the "bloodiness" of the fourth ward was a myth promulgated by a bunch of Irish guys as far as I can tell and what would somebody with the name Blaska be doing there anyway.

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:04 pm

Congrats to Isthmus on picking up where Richard Mellon Scaife is going to leave off (after his nasty divorce financially destroys him) - that is, paying wingnuts to spout. And all this without a counterpoint. Tell us, how much is Isthmus paying this blowhard to blow hard.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:09 pm

nevermore wrote:Congrats to Isthmus on picking up where Richard Mellon Scaife is going to leave off (after his nasty divorce financially destroys him) - that is, paying wingnuts to spout. And all this without a counterpoint. Tell us, how much is Isthmus paying this blowhard to blow hard.

Yeah, there's a strange reasoning in the media that balance is always valuable. The problem is that the counterbalance to truth is bullshit. The counterbalance to good taste is tackiness. The counterbalance to humor is offensiveness.

I'm not sure how any of those counterbalances are valuable. But hey, it either makes the right happy or it shows the rest of us how silly they can be. Or both.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:56 am

The balance, at the moment, can come from readers who have the ability to comment right on the piece itself. Step up to the plate.

If Blaska ends up posting every day, as he says he will, and someone with similar abilities cares to take on a similar challenge, we'll listen. But I'm not sure many in the community would suggest that Isthmus is lacking views from the left.

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:45 am

That's kind of my point. You're starting a celebrity politics blog and paying for a wingnut celebrity to write it. For balance, you're counting on us to provide content for free - guessing (probably correctly) that you won't have to buy a cow from the left.

pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:19 am

Cool blog. I can't wait for more truthful statements and facts from Mr. Blaska.

Twofer4
Forum Addict

Postby Twofer4 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:20 am

Speaking of low-level blowhards, whatever happened to Uncle Jimbo and his military/Madison ranting?

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:21 am

pulsewidth modulation wrote:Cool blog. I can't wait for truthful statements and facts from Mr. Blaska.

Fixt.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:17 pm

Why does the comment feature only appear when articles are accessed through front-page navigation, and not from other forms of navigation?

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:22 pm

Good question. Example?

Here's Tuesday's post:
http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/artic ... icle=11621

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:51 pm

And the comment section appears. But click on his name to bring up previous columns, select one, and you will (if you're like me) be met with no comment section.

donges
Forum God/Goddess

Postby donges » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:06 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:And the comment section appears. But click on his name to bring up previous columns, select one, and you will (if you're like me) be met with no comment section.

Comments are only accepted for Daily content, not print content. So those other articles probably originated in the paper.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:57 pm

donges wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:And the comment section appears. But click on his name to bring up previous columns, select one, and you will (if you're like me) be met with no comment section.

Comments are only accepted for Daily content, not print content. So those other articles probably originated in the paper.

Nope. Do what I describe above, and click on his first post under his new Daily blog. Same problem happens.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”