Prof. Wagstaff Calls It A Day

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Prof. Wagstaff Calls It A Day

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:28 pm

That's right, after much soul-searching and gnashing of teeth, Prof. Wagstaff has decided to call it a day.

A Day of Rejoicing, that is, because Wags ain't going anywhere! That's right, I could retire and create a new "persona", but here's the thing: I am me. Ain't no change of Foroniker gonna alter my opinions or how I express them, so fuck it! Prof. Wagstaff is here to stay. I also do hereby swear to sometimes post more often and then go for some stretches with fewer posts.

But I'll always be here.

Whenever another Foron twists a scientific principle in support of their ideology, I'll be here.
Whenever far right conservatives attribute to others their own worst failings, I'll be here.
Whenever jammybastard argues that downloading movies isn't stealing, I'll be here.
Whenever someone suggests that having their right to spit on their pets curtailed is as bad as anything the Nazis did, I'll be here.
Whenever BookPolice needs someone to feed him another line from The Simpsons, I'll be here.
Whenever you want me at all
I'll be here, yes I will, whenever you call.

Oh, and Screw Flanders.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:34 pm

When I was young
I never needed anyone
And makin love was just for fun
Those days are gone

Livin alone
I think of all the friends Ive known
But when I dial the telephone
Nobodys home

All by myself
Dont wanna be
All by myself anymore
All by myself
Dont wanna live
All by myself anymore

Hard to be sure
Some times I feel so insecure
And love so distant and obscure
Remains the cure

All by myself
Dont wanna be
All by myself anymore
All by myself
Dont wanna live
All by myself anymore

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:40 pm

Is that your way of giving me a Raspberry?

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:52 pm

Nope. I like this bar, and I'm just sorry some folks get a little to heavy about it. (not you) I don't have time to tie one on, they way some do. But I like to stop in and have one or two.

My colon goes through pounds of raspberries in Summer.
Last edited by Bwis53 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:53 pm

The other day I ripped some Frank Sinatra recordings and put them on the internet for anyone to download.
I don't think that's stealing.

...Just kidding. Glad you're sticking around Wags

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:06 pm

Huzzah!

Cafe Momo has NO idea of the curmudgeoning it is in for sunday night.

jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Prof. Wagstaff Calls It A Day

Postby jammybastard » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:44 pm

What a surprise!
Without Chuck to carry your water, and fight your battles, you are pointless anyway.

Just for posterity sake:

The biggest issue I had with you was the fact that you were the person that never got your story straight. Details were never your forte unless it was rating the back catalog of the Beau Brummels.
Of course you've left me with a perfect example to illustrate this point:

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:Whenever jammybastard argues that downloading movies isn't stealing, I'll be here.

Don't waste your time since you got that one wrong as well.

I NEVER said that "downloading movies" wasn't stealing.
I did say "downloading MUSIC" wasn't stealing and if you ever read the post where I spelled out my position you'd understand why.

You can say all you want about that but who are you to cast stones?

After all you are a guy who sells used vinyl for a living.
Spcifically who sells clearly labelled "For Promotion Only - Not for Resale" vinyl for a living.
Under the law that's theft as well, but you'd never cop to that would you?

I know you think you have some sort of moral high ground here, but you clearly you don't, I won't miss reminding you of your glaring contradictions.

I also won't miss your very personal insults, the many times that you crossed the line when it was clear you were on the losing end of the argument.

There was a point that Nate emailed me to broker some sort of peace between us, and I told him I had no interest.
There's never been someone in the Madison Music I had less interest in meeting than you, and that was based on your very personal attacks on me in this forum.
The sure sign of a coward is a person who relies on insults when they can't articulate and defend their point of view.

Contrast your posts to some like Chuck who was clearly a "character", a construct to liven things up a bit and push the envelope, it seems that you never got the memo about not taking things too seriously.
Chuck could take it as well as he could give it, but you couldn't hack it

That being the case I think this is the wisest decision you could make, but it's too bad you didn't make it a long time ago.

auntgoodness
Forum God/Goddess

Postby auntgoodness » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:52 pm

Jammy, jammy, jammy. Speaking of someone who can't take a joke...you can't even READ a joke!

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:57 pm

auntgoodness wrote:Jammy, jammy, jammy. Speaking of someone who can't take a joke...you can't even READ a joke!

Heh.

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:Whenever BookPolice needs someone to feed him another line from The Simpsons, I'll be here.

Yes! In your face, Milwaukee!

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:06 pm

Kyle Motor wrote:Huzzah!

Are you guys in on that? Because I have my own team, and we're going to make y'all eat lots of ass.

Rock ass.

--nt--

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:10 pm

rrnate wrote:

Are you guys in on that? Because I have my own team, and we're going to make y'all eat lots of ass.

Rock ass.

--nt--

You're joking, right? You have no idea of the superpower team of pure rock knowledge that has been assembled. We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We have your gratitude.

We're gonna spit out so many ROCK FACTS ROCK FACTS ROCK FACTS at such a tremendous pace that you are gonna need a lifeguard......again.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:11 pm

For the record: I don't like the Beau Brummels.

jammybastard wrote:The biggest issue I had with you was the fact that you were the person that never got your story straight. Details were never your forte...

Sez the fella who just missed the biggest possible detail.

And I'm not sure what the biggest sign of a coward is, but I like this sign better:

Laughing at you,
Wags

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:13 pm

rrnate wrote: Are you guys in on that? Because I have my own team, and we're going to make y'all eat lots of ass.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

He's cute, Ma - can we keep'em?

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:16 pm

Kyle Motor wrote:
rrnate wrote:

Rock ass.

--nt--

We're gonna spit out so many ROCK FACTS ROCK FACTS ROCK FACTS at such a tremendous pace that you are gonna need a lifeguard......again.

However, I, Kyle Motor, still love you.

Zing! You have left me without defense. (You haven't really lived until you've been saved by a 15-year old with a mustache.)

Frankly I feel up to the task of taking on you and your bearded pal - I may be in a ska band, but I listened to a lot of classic rock while milking cows growing up, and much like the smell of cow shit, it will always be with me. (I'm not suggesting that I smell like shit...in fact, if anything, I smell like true love.)

At any rate, I figured this would pull the nerds out of their friend's basements where they are practicing/recording.

--nt--

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:18 pm

rrnate wrote: Frankly I feel up to the task of taking on you and your bearded pal...
It's minicat and our out-of-town ringer you really need to fear. :twisted:

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”