The Unfriendly Skies

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

The Unfriendly Skies

Postby gargantua » Thu May 10, 2007 11:06 am

Great article. I had a very similar experience myself last summer, only in my case the offending airline was American Eagle. I allowed what I thought was plenty of time to make my connection at O'Hare. As departure time approached, and the board saying "On Time", I thought it rather curious that there was no plane at my gate.

A few minutes after the scheduled departure, a gate agent announced our plane was still in a ground delay....at O'Hare. About a half hour after that, the flight was cancelled. At least the gate agent was courteous and appeared to be making a genuine effort to help people.

There is one common denominator among every airline I've flown with the exception of Midwest...they all lie. If words are coming out of their mouths....they are likely to be false.

There oughta be a law.

jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Unfriendly Skies

Postby jammybastard » Thu May 10, 2007 4:13 pm

gargantua wrote:There oughta be a law.

Agreed. There should be several to prevent the shit they pull. It's amazing to me that the millions of people that fly every year have by and large just accepted the airlines are fucked and you have to block out a whole day for a trip that used to take a half a day.
Talk about time and money wasted.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu May 10, 2007 4:25 pm

gargantua wrote:There is one common denominator among every airline I've flown with the exception of Midwest...they all lie.

Midwest, yes. Midwest Connect, not so much.

uwstudent
Forum Addict

Postby uwstudent » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:15 am

jammybastard wrote:
gargantua wrote:There oughta be a law.

Agreed. There should be several to prevent the shit they pull. It's amazing to me that the millions of people that fly every year have by and large just accepted the airlines are fucked and you have to block out a whole day for a trip that used to take a half a day.
Talk about time and money wasted.

Haven't you heard? The "free market" is supposed to take care of all that.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”