They hate us for our Forum

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

They hate us for our Forum

Postby Chuck_Schick » Thu May 10, 2007 9:08 am

What's with the phenomenon of this select group of jackasses who routinely show up here to bitch about how much they dislike this forum, how this place is just a big clique, a waste of time, and how nothing of relevance or interest is ever discussed here?

"This place bores me [post, post, post] ... there are way more interesting places on the web [post, post, post] ... frankly, I'm embarrassed by how many posts I've run up here [post, post, post] ... all you people do is bitch about the same shit over and over [post, post, post] ... and I'll be back in two weeks to reiterate this last statement [post, post, post] ... "

Is this the pinnacle of idiocy, or what?

I think these folks misread their Marx. They want to belong to a club that wouldn't have them as a member.

bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Re: They hate us for our Forum

Postby bluethedog » Thu May 10, 2007 11:29 am

Chuck_Schick wrote:...and how nothing of relevance or interest is ever discussed here?

Hard to believe anyone still thinks this way after all the dog poop threads.

Anyone's who's been here for any length of time has probably thought it's a waste of time, etc. at some point.

And yet, just when we think we're out...it pulls us back in. That's gotta count for something.

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Thu May 10, 2007 12:14 pm

Just because I come here to waste time doesn't mean the site itself is a waste of time.

Of course, it would help if snoqueen and kurt_w posted more often (curse you, traitor kurt!).

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu May 10, 2007 2:37 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:Of course, it would help if snoqueen and kurt_w posted more often...

Hear, hear.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Thu May 10, 2007 4:12 pm

I like the fact that it's not all deep and meaningful around here. I partake mostly in the fluff. It's like being four drinks into a cocktail party, where everyone's just talking off the top of their head, without the awkward silences that sometimes follow.

I'm at least half capable of having an intelligent discussion, but c'mon, I'm typing with two fingers here. This post took a few minutes.

Do love them dog poop threads!

buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Re: They hate us for our Forum

Postby buckyor » Thu May 10, 2007 4:35 pm

bluethedog wrote:Anyone's who's been here for any length of time has probably thought it's a waste of time, etc. at some point.

Sure it's a waste of time. We all could be out doing something more productive, like cleaning the catbox, ironing shirts, billing clients, curing cancer, or whatever. But that's the whole point.

I don't come here to learn the great secrets of life. I don't come here to convince imbeciles like the Trollerator that I'm right and he's full of shit (that's a message he'll never get even if it were wrapped around a brick). I come here to fart around and blow off steam, to take a bit of the edge off of what can be an otherwise stressful day.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu May 10, 2007 5:29 pm

I come for the complimentary shrimp cocktail.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Thu May 10, 2007 5:48 pm

Marvell wrote:I come for the complimentary shrimp cocktail.
Me too.

But I stay for the leg room.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Thu May 10, 2007 5:56 pm

I used to come here to be an anonymous smart-ass, but since I've blown my cover it's not as much fun and I find myself holding back a lot.

I've been thinking lately it's time to kill white_rabbit and start from scratch with a new nom de forum, but hell, it would take me forever to get back up in the top ten.

spanky
Forum God/Goddess

Postby spanky » Thu May 10, 2007 6:22 pm

white_rabbit wrote:I used to come here to be an anonymous smart-ass, but since I've blown my cover it's not as much fun and I find myself holding back a lot.

I don't know who you are, does that help?? Didn't think so....
Last edited by spanky on Thu May 10, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu May 10, 2007 6:39 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
Marvell wrote:I come for the complimentary shrimp cocktail.
Me too.

But I stay for the leg room.

Yeah, but you don't even need it....goldbricker.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Thu May 10, 2007 7:06 pm

spanky wrote:
white_rabbit wrote:I used to come here to be an anonymous smart-ass, but since I've blown my cover it's not as much fun and I find myself holding back a lot.

I don't know who you, are does that help?? Didn't think so....

See, it feels good being an anonymous smart-ass, doesn't it?

I'm not worried about you..I just wish I didn't let my mom, my boss and my AA sponsor know my screen name.

spanky
Forum God/Goddess

Postby spanky » Thu May 10, 2007 7:10 pm

white_rabbit wrote:
spanky wrote:

I don't know who you are, does that help?? Didn't think so....

See, it feels good being an anonymous smart-ass, doesn't it?

Totally.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu May 10, 2007 7:12 pm

white_rabbit wrote:I'm not worried about you..I just wish I didn't let my mom, my boss and my AA sponsor know my screen name.

So many comments designed to get you in trouble spring to mind, but I shall restrain myself.

nickled&dimed
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nickled&dimed » Sun May 13, 2007 11:11 pm

yah- but you didn't out yerself on the radio. It was fun, but i've never felt like i could totally cut loose and be my inner nasty since.

except to sheppy.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”