Celebration

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 23708
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Celebration

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue May 01, 2007 8:32 pm

As I type this, the indefatigable Chuck_Schick is only 50 posts away from 10K (probably a lot closer by the time you read this).

So what should we do to honor him on this momentous occasion? All I can think of is, buy him a beer. Or maybe two or three.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:44 pm

Postby white_rabbit » Tue May 01, 2007 8:45 pm

In honor of Chuck's milestone, Jason should hit the 'reset' button on the postometer turning everyone's "total post" count back to zero.

That'd teach ya fuckers to waste so much time when you should be working.

As god as my witness, none of my 5624 posts since February 5th 2003 were done on company time.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7055
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:28 pm
Location: At one with time and space

Postby Marvell » Tue May 01, 2007 10:57 pm

Well, it does seem that some kind of mass gathering of the Foron Legion would be in order. The first of us across the 10k threshold!

To paraphrase some stupid shaving cream commercial I once saw:

Nerdy Guy In Lab Coat (me):

Can you describe the feeling, Chuck?

Incredibly Butch Guy in Race Car (CS):

It's pretty sweet.

*****

But it can't be at Mickey's anymore. It should really be at the King Club, since it would require an Hemauertini to appropriately toast this moment in Madison digital culture.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Postby jjoyce » Wed May 02, 2007 6:32 am

Wow... 10,000 posts. That's a lot of words. And in this particular case, that's a lot of obscene, scatological words.

Perhaps we could honor the day the way they do in sports: By retiring something. In Schick's honor, should we make it an 'F' key?

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:33 am
Location: Spaight Street on the Isthmus of Madison
Contact:

Postby harrissimo » Wed May 02, 2007 8:04 am

I think we should beat the living crap out of him and then force him to listen to Andrew Lloyd Webber's original cast recording of The Phantom of the Opera.

mrak
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2400
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:26 pm

Postby mrak » Wed May 02, 2007 8:07 am

Is phpBB's database compatible with a five-digit post count, or do we have our own mini-Y2K crisis in the works here?

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 14316
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 2:48 pm
Contact:

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed May 02, 2007 9:19 am

Has Schick surpassed Daisy? I think Isthmus should rent a giant hot air balloon to celebrate.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8668
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Postby thebookpolice » Wed May 02, 2007 9:38 am

jjoyce wrote:Wow... 10,000 posts. That's a lot of words. And in this particular case, that's a lot of obscene, scatological words.

Perhaps we could honor the day the way they do in sports: By retiring something. In Schick's honor, should we make it an 'F' key?


"Go uck yourself" just doesn't have the same cachet.

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 10385
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 4:41 pm
Location: back atcha

Postby Chuck_Schick » Wed May 02, 2007 10:05 am

Marvell wrote:Well, it does seem that some kind of mass gathering of the Foron Legion would be in order.

Yeah. And why don't you just paste a target on my ass while you're at it?

Heh.

44 to go, yo ...

Oprah
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1087
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: On the Down Low

Postby Oprah » Wed May 02, 2007 11:59 am

TheBookPolice wrote:
jjoyce wrote:Wow... 10,000 posts. That's a lot of words. And in this particular case, that's a lot of obscene, scatological words.

Perhaps we could honor the day the way they do in sports: By retiring something. In Schick's honor, should we make it an 'F' key?


"Go uck yourself" just doesn't have the same cachet.


You mean "Go uck yoursel."

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8668
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Postby thebookpolice » Wed May 02, 2007 12:05 pm

Oprah wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:
jjoyce wrote:Wow... 10,000 posts. That's a lot of words. And in this particular case, that's a lot of obscene, scatological words.

Perhaps we could honor the day the way they do in sports: By retiring something. In Schick's honor, should we make it an 'F' key?


"Go uck yourself" just doesn't have the same cachet.


You mean "Go uck yoursel."


Oh, yeah. I ucked up.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 23708
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon May 07, 2007 1:42 pm

Getting close. 9,996 as I type this. Maybe today.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8250
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:19 pm
Location: Right behind you.

Postby blunt » Mon May 07, 2007 4:17 pm

A trillion sperm flutter kick to the goal but only one really makes it.

meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2659
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 1:33 am
Location: Taking requests
Contact:

Postby meowzamusic » Mon May 07, 2007 9:04 pm

Looks like it will be sometime after 8 am tomorrow, as Mr Schick is now at 9998 as of 9pm Monday.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4161
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:35 am

Postby narcoleptish » Tue May 08, 2007 9:58 am

I see 9999.

Maybe he will skip right over it, hiding it somewhere obscure like favorite one-liners, and going directly to 10001.

Maybe he will craft a long post with a few words for each of us. (That would be a good read)

Maybe he will reveal that he is Keyser Soze.


Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest