Loathsome TDPF mannerisms

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
brownbear
Forum Addict
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:23 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Postby brownbear » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:07 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:we English majors tend to harbor a soft spot for the archaic.

While studying for my history thesis, I came across so many archaic words. They just stick in your mind. Plus, you paid enough money for it, you deserve to keep a little of that Ivory Tower.

jjoyce wrote:Is that geek talk for "I've suffered a few wedgies in my day"?

In my Northwoods high school, I had to come out of the closet and admit that I was straight.

kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6095
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:11 pm
Contact:

Postby kurt_w » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

christopher_robin wrote:- The phrase "and their ilk"


Hey, wait a sec! That is my ilk you're trying to take away!

Ned wrote "Kurt and his ilk ...". I've never had an "ilk" before, and I don't intend to give it up without a fight!

Billy Shears
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2145
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:23 pm

Postby Billy Shears » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:01 pm

That's a big deer ain't it?

lonesomejohnny
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1318
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:03 pm
Location: On a tiny little motorcycle.
Contact:

Postby lonesomejohnny » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:07 am

Billy Shears wrote:That's a big deer ain't it?


What's that s'posta mean?

Billy Shears
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2145
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:23 pm

Postby Billy Shears » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:14 am

lonesomejohnny wrote:
Billy Shears wrote:That's a big deer ain't it?


What's that s'posta mean?


"I don't like your ilk. Know what an ilk is?"
"A big deer."
"That's right and next time I see you I'm gonna shoot me an ilk."

Clint Eastwood to Mob Henchman,'City Heat', 1984. The high point of the movie.

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3833
Joined: Tue May 22, 2001 11:07 am
Contact:

Postby nevermore » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:18 pm

You know what I fucking hate? I fucking hate it when someone types a message in super-small size. The only way I can read it is to copy-and-paste it into a Word document and then enlarge the type. Do people here think that everybody does not have a vision problem that requires them to see things in larger type? And when I read what was tiny, I see that my effort wasn't worth it. I fucking hate that!

Paco
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7533
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2001 11:41 am
Location: Whoville

Postby Paco » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:39 pm

nevermore wrote:You know what I fucking hate? I fucking hate it when someone types a message in super-small size. The only way I can read it is to copy-and-paste it into a Word document and then enlarge the type. Do people here think that everybody does not have a vision problem that requires them to see things in larger type? And when I read what was tiny, I see that my effort wasn't worth it. I fucking hate that!

You can always do a reply, and it shows up right there. Much easier.

massimo
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2044
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:52 pm
Location: Madison

Postby massimo » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:45 am

Paco wrote:
nevermore wrote:You know what I fucking hate? I fucking hate it when someone types a message in super-small size. The only way I can read it is to copy-and-paste it into a Word document and then enlarge the type. Do people here think that everybody does not have a vision problem that requires them to see things in larger type? And when I read what was tiny, I see that my effort wasn't worth it. I fucking hate that!

You can always do a reply, and it shows up right there. Much easier.

Alternatively, you can hit Ctrl+ (or Apple+ on a Mac) to increase the font size. Then Ctrl- to decrease it again. But, still, it's pretty annoying.

lonesomejohnny
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1318
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:03 pm
Location: On a tiny little motorcycle.
Contact:

Postby lonesomejohnny » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:52 am

Obviously, I have written this just for you to read. Congratulations for being the only one who gives a shit.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4940
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:31 pm
Location: 53703

Postby Ducatista » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:33 am

nevermore wrote:The only way I can read it is to copy-and-paste it into a Word document and then enlarge the type.

Huh? Just temporarily increase your browser font size. Takes maybe half a second, less if you learn the shortcut.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 23927
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:03 am

Hit quote. Read it. Then go back.

christopher_robin
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3012
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:46 am

Postby christopher_robin » Mon May 08, 2006 4:07 pm

"city of the perpetually offended"

As opposed to what, not caring about anything? May have been funny the first 100 times, but geez, give it a rest.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8250
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:19 pm
Location: Right behind you.

Postby blunt » Tue May 09, 2006 10:42 am

Same with the whatever many miles surrounded by reality.
After the last state elections and latest polls, that is completely false.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6906
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:30 pm
Location: Madison

Postby gargantua » Fri May 12, 2006 1:49 pm

The term "sheeple".

juanton
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2751
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:24 pm
Contact:

Postby juanton » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:00 pm

I can't bring myself to scan this entire thread, but what is up with folks and their usernames containing some sort of dumb ass political public disservice announcement?

Examples:

MakeBushKing

Clintonista_ELF


Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests