Could it be censorship?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Is this board censored to protect the "progressives" from criticism

yes
33%
no
67%

Total votes: 33

Mr. Blues

Postby Mr. Blues » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:26 pm

ShaneDog wrote:Face it, the smoking threads and whiners were bringing down the quality on the forum. If you want to talk about smoking start your own forum. If you guys would have been decent about it and confined the smoking discussion to 2 or 3 threads instead of threadcrapping about it everywhere it might not have ended like this.

If you want to be in a smoke free bar go open one.

ShaneDog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ShaneDog » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:26 pm

Many people who are for the smoking ban are not progressives, and many people against the ban are progressives.

RatThing
Forum Addict

Postby RatThing » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:28 pm

jjoyce wrote:I'm sure this issue is of paramount importance to some of you, but it's simply not that interesting to read daily versions of an argument that has been going on for over a month, at this point.

No one is forcing or has forced anyone to read anything. You and Tipper Gore must get along famously.

ââ?‰?Â

skrattypants
Forum God/Goddess

Postby skrattypants » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:13 pm

"No one is forcing or has forced anyone to read anything."

the problem with that theory is that you don't know if something is worth reading until you've wasted your time reading it.

you folk have made redundancy an art form. the posters i enjoy reading have been largely absent this past month; instead i've been mired knee-deep in this ceaseless palavering.

and now all this hue-and-cry about free speech and censorship. this is the isthmus' backyard fence, not the little unicorn journal y'all keep under your pillows.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:34 pm

skrattypants wrote:you folk have made redundancy an art form. the posters i enjoy reading have been largely absent this past month; instead i've been mired knee-deep in this ceaseless palavering.

Where in the hell did Kurt go? Please tell me that pkram's inanity didn't cause him to throw up his arms in exasperation.

Save the daily page! Not to descend too deeply into conspiracy land, but perhaps some forces are attempting to turn the daily page into their own personal noise machine. Seems a bit curious that so many ijits have arrived in so short a time span.

Send 'em jeepin', jjoyce. Penguin and his "free speech parade" can go get fucked... that stoner won't remember the slight for more than a week, anyhoo. Back to WOD, pkram fades into the woodwork.

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:14 am

I notice my last post, wherein I called RatThing a pudendum (or something akin to it) has disappeared.

Now that's an editorial decision I can get behind, because honestly it's beneath me and I should have crafted something more imaginative. But hey, it was the end of the day and I was trying to extract myself from this shitcake they call a workplace as quickly as possible.

So now that Schick's been censored, could the lobotomite choir kindly jam the indignity hymnal and shut the fuck up about the injustice of it all? Thanks in advance, dead weight.

Mr. Blues

Postby Mr. Blues » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:39 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:I notice my last post, wherein I called RatThing a pudendum (or something akin to it) has disappeared.

Now that's an editorial decision I can get behind, because honestly it's beneath me and I should have crafted something more imaginative. But hey, it was the end of the day and I was trying to extract myself from this shitcake they call a workplace as quickly as possible.

So now that Schick's been censored, could the lobotomite choir kindly jam the indignity hymnal and shut the fuck up about the injustice of it all? Thanks in advance, dead weight.

Waitjustafuckinminutehere! Schick's been censored?!?!?!?!?! Say it aint so!!!!!!!! Ok Jason, now you've really gone too far. :wink:

ShaneDog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ShaneDog » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:40 pm

When are the anti-ban-posters going to start calling themselves freedom fighters and when are the pro-ban-posters going to label them insurgents?

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:15 pm

ShaneDog wrote:When are the anti-ban-posters going to start calling themselves freedom fighters and when are the pro-ban-posters going to label them insurgents?

I like it... pkram isn't a brain-dead idiot... he's a Conservative insurgent!

regnad_kcin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby regnad_kcin » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:41 pm

Your mom's a smoking ban.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:49 pm

regnad_kcin wrote:Your mom's a smoking ban.

BAM!

JackClubb
Forum Addict

Postby JackClubb » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:20 pm

8)

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”