Cut pkram loose?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Should jjoyce cut pkram loose?

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 35

pkram
Forum Addict

Postby pkram » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:04 am

jjoyce wrote:OK, so how about now? I was thinking there was absolutely no way to get rid of that idjit, but then his idiocy completely wrecked a legit thread about Bush's Supreme Court nomination.
This was my original comment how did it HIJACK THE THREAD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
herblock wrote:
I will be looking forward to the NYT
David Brooks from the NYT says it was a good choice and he likes the decision.....now that is a shock the NYT having something positive to say about a Bush decision.

pkram
Forum Addict

Postby pkram » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:05 am

jjoyce wrote:OK, so how about now? I was thinking there was absolutely no way to get rid of that idjit, but then his idiocy completely wrecked a legit thread about Bush's Supreme Court nomination.
Here is the person who hijacked it

Madcity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote
pkram wrote:
herblock wrote:
I will be looking forward to the NYT
David Brooks from the NYT says it was a good choice and he likes the decision.....now that is a shock the NYT having something positive to say about a Bush decision.

David Brooks is, and always has been, a conservative columnist. I bet you didn't know they have those on the New York Times op-ed page, did you?

Last edited by Madcity Expat on Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:33 am

It's worse than the smoking hijackers imo. The only thing that this forum gets from his presence is the constant schooling required to inform him of the difference between his perception and reality. I'd say it's a negligable benefit, since a seven-year-old could come ask politely about what is going on and get the same response. Plus, those posts would probably be spelled correctly.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:50 am

But what about the smoking ban?

btrapp
Forum God/Goddess

Postby btrapp » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:56 pm

"completly wrecked"?! Did his comments somehow erase what everyone else had posted?!

:roll:

You're such a drama queen when things don't go exactly how you wish they would.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:21 pm

I just got back to town and had the pleasure of reading all of the responses to pkram's assertion/assumption that everyone who's on the op-ed pages of the New York Times is per se liberal. The problem with simply ignoring a user is that, while you don't see his banal posts, others quote him so that you get a chance to see his banal posts.

I'm starting to feel more sympathy for pkram and more ire for Ned, as I'm closing out the last few chapters of "What's the Matter with Kansas?" by Thomas Frank. A must read... I wish I had picked it up earlier.

pkram is a brainwashed puppet for the wealthy. Ned is the puppeteer. The wealthy families of America snicker when they see pkram and Ned working so hard fighting a phantom liberal establishment that simply doesn't exist. They try so hard to make themselves out to be victims and they pour all of their efforts into "reclaiming morals" and they do it by securing the power of precisely those people who put the "filthy" shows on television. Somehow they always manage to overlook how the deified CEO's are sending our jobs to China, or bilking stockholders for millions of dollars even while their company is filing for bankruptcy. Somehow, the problem always has something to do with the liberals, even though most of their everyday problems come from conservatives. Look! Some hippy is burning a flag!

March, monkeys, march! March straight to the establishment's doorstep with a sign reading, "You're in for it now! We're voting to give you a tax cut!"

Good book... I highly recommend it.

Madcity Expat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madcity Expat » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:21 am

pkram wrote:Here is the person who hijacked it
Madcity

David Brooks is, and always has been, a conservative columnist. I bet you didn't know they have those on the New York Times op-ed page, did you?

Last edited by Madcity Expat on Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Oooo pkram tattled on me. Do you run and tell your mommy every time someone calls you a bad name on the Dailypage playground?

jjoyce wrote:...then his idiocy completely wrecked a legit thread about Bush's Supreme Court nomination.

JJ, come one now... aren't you exaggerating a bit here? The thread drifted a bit, and I admitted some culpability for that - but it looks to be reasonably back on track now...

http://www.thedailypage.com/forum/viewt ... c&start=30

pkram
Forum Addict

Postby pkram » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:42 am

Madcity Expat wrote:Oooo pkram tattled on me. Do you run and tell your mommy every time someone calls you a bad name on the Dailypage playground?
It was not to "tattle" on you but to correct the person who said I had hijacked the thread. I am use to being attacked, and criticized here for my veiwpoints, spelling and lack of depth, that does not bother me one bit, but I will defend myslef when it comes to false statements by people.

Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:05 am

pkram wrote:
Madcity Expat wrote:Oooo pkram tattled on me. Do you run and tell your mommy every time someone calls you a bad name on the Dailypage playground?
It was not to "tattle" on you but to correct the person who said I had hijacked the thread. I am use to being attacked, and criticized here for my veiwpoints, spelling and lack of depth, that does not bother me one bit, but I will defend myslef when it comes to false statements by people.

Maybe if you got a clue, learned to spell, and read some background on issues you posted about you could defend yourself in more situations.

Madcity Expat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madcity Expat » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:50 am

pkram wrote:It was not to "tattle" on you but to correct the person who said I had hijacked the thread. I am use to being attacked, and criticized here for my veiwpoints, spelling and lack of depth, that does not bother me one bit, but I will defend myslef when it comes to false statements by people.

blah, blah, blah...

pkram
Forum Addict

Postby pkram » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:52 am

Madcity Expat wrote:
pkram wrote:It was not to "tattle" on you but to correct the person who said I had hijacked the thread. I am use to being attacked, and criticized here for my veiwpoints, spelling and lack of depth, that does not bother me one bit, but I will defend myslef when it comes to false statements by people.

blah, blah, blah...
Best thing that ever came out of that piehole of yours and probably the most intellegnet someone like you will ever offer. Thanks for proving my point about the people who are members of this forum, I can now complete an editorial on my website.

Madcity Expat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madcity Expat » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:09 pm

pkram wrote:I can now complete an editorial on my website.

Whew! Out of a sense of detached amusement I almost... ALMOST... clicked on your little linkie-winkie there pkram to check out my new position of prestige on your "website". But then I came to my senses... none of the hits on your site have come from me yet, and none of them ever will.

Best thing that ever came out of that piehole of yours and probably the most intellegnet someone like you will ever offer.

Awe shucks pkram...now you're just trying to be funny. And it's working! What can/should I (bother to) say? Our respective collection of posts speak for themselves clearly enough.

Thanks for proving my point about the people who are members of this forum...

... but...but... pkram, aren't YOU a member of this forum? Oh wait... you must be talking about Ned Flanders, right?

Oh well... I guess the fact that your 'point' is unclear is not surprise. You have trouble with that little writing/arguing thing on the forum, don't you?

Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:43 am

Madcity Expat wrote:
pkram wrote:I can now complete an editorial on my website.

Whew! Out of a sense of detached amusement I almost... ALMOST... clicked on your little linkie-winkie there pkram to check out my new position of prestige on your "website". But then I came to my senses... none of the hits on your site have come from me yet, and none of them ever will.

Best thing that ever came out of that piehole of yours and probably the most intellegnet someone like you will ever offer.

Awe shucks pkram...now you're just trying to be funny. And it's working! What can/should I (bother to) say? Our respective collection of posts speak for themselves clearly enough.

Don't even try to match the intellegnets of pkram, you'll only get tangled up like a dolphin.

Madcity Expat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madcity Expat » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:31 pm

Beer Moon wrote:...intellegnets of pkram, you'll only get tangled up like a dolphin.

:lol:
he, I missed that first time 'round...

Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:55 pm

Madcity Expat wrote:
Beer Moon wrote:...intellegnets of pkram, you'll only get tangled up like a dolphin.

:lol:
he, I missed that first time 'round...

You also missed underlining the "e"!

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”