Cut pkram loose?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Should jjoyce cut pkram loose?

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 35

pkram
Forum Addict

Postby pkram » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:42 pm

pjbogart wrote:You ARE right about something, though. I am the left's attack dog, and perfectly proud to be such.
Well I don't think the right has much to fear if you are the attack dog for the left, now go lay in the corner like a good little poodle.

Nettie

Postby Nettie » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:45 pm

pjbogart wrote: Nettie's a poster on the "Looney Left" website.

And this proves exactly what? Did you know that pkram has cyber slapped me for posting here? Guess you and he have something in common after all.

Let me give you a little information since you're sorely lacking in such.

1. I post on the forum. I don't write, contribute nor agree with what's posted on the site. After glancing at it once or twice I don't even bother to read it. Kind of like I've never read the parent site for this forum. My interest here is to read and discuss other's point of view.

2. As you know our usual forum went by the wayside because it's parent business was closed. At the GBNC forum I'd say we had a pretty evenly matched bunch of posters regarding left and right and a handful of libertarians thrown in to boot. On that forum I was considered the Looney Left.

3. I'm spreading my 'charm' at both sites tonight. I'm sorry that seems to be a problem for you.

Perhaps instead of lumping everyone into one bunch and jumping to conclusions you could take a step back and judge each individual for themselves based upon their actions and their actions only. I certainly won't hold the rest of the posters on this forum accountable for your actions.

If we seem a little bristly at times perhaps it's because we've been met by attack dogs rather than human beings.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:24 pm

pj, you wrote a couple of your best postings ever trying to explain the estate tax to marky. He even seemed to read what you said and think about it.

That was a twofer of awesomes.

I voted to keep him. The ethnic lilt of his sentence structure alone is worth it.

pkram
Forum Addict

Postby pkram » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:28 pm

snoqueen wrote:pj, you wrote a couple of your best postings ever trying to explain the estate tax to marky. He even seemed to read what you said and think about it.

I voted to keep him. The ethnic lilt of his sentence structure alone is worth it.
Those were excellent post and I did read them, who knows I may just swing back to the left where I came from with more like that.
Last edited by pkram on Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nettie

Postby Nettie » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:33 pm

pkram wrote:
snoqueen wrote:pj, you wrote a couple of your best postings ever trying to explain the estate tax to marky. He even seemed to read what you said and think about it.

Those were excellenmt post and I did read them, who knows I may just swing back to teh left where I came from with more like that.

*faints*

:lol:

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:07 pm

Oh, sno... you melt me so. Fine, I retract my request, but I replace it with a new one. In order to maintain order at the DP, pkram is limited to two threads per day rather than this incessant reposting of inane articles from his website. My fear is that his prolific posting will alter the landscape of the DP and that's unfair to the DP as well as to lurkers who are looking for honest discussion of political issues of the day. He's currently the most prolific "threader" on the DP and I don't see why the Isthmus should bear the responsibility of pimping his inane website. I really don't understand why Kurt's thoughtful threads should be overrun by pkram's senselessness.

To boot, it seems like regulars are beginning to ignore him (which I originally lobbied against) and the result would be that his vapid threads receive little or no response. I know that lack of response does not indicate endorsement, but when you spam the board, it seems pretty close. He's got his own website... and his own forum. He'd rather hijack the DP which has wide viewership and I really don't understand why the Isthmus would tolerate such injustice.

One last, short note (by pj standards). pkram's website is not filled with his observations. He gets his e-mails and serves as a liar mouthpiece for his bosses. You might appreciate the estate tax argument, but he's answering to someone... presumably someone who's paying for his bandwidth and breaking away is not simply a matter of seeing an argument that makes sense. The more hits he gets, the more justified they are in continuing support. He may or may not be paid for his webmaster status, but suffice it to say, someone's making money by spreading lies and I find that insufferable. Not only does he ignore competing ideas, he couldn't adopt them if he wanted to because they'd shut down his website. He's not only a bitch for the right, he's a whore as well.

I refuse to argue with him and he'll remain on ignore. You carry the burden. Nettie can give him hits out of ignorance.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:15 pm

Post Script: I don't get any compliments on my "chocolate sundae" insult? I really liked it. It was Chuck quality, without the vulgarities. Really, it was!

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

pkram
Forum Addict

Postby pkram » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:24 am

pjbogart wrote:One last, short note (by pj standards). pkram's website is not filled with his observations. He gets his e-mails and serves as a liar mouthpiece for his bosses. You might appreciate the estate tax argument, but he's answering to someone... presumably someone who's paying for his bandwidth and breaking aways not simply a matter of seeing an argument that makes sense.
I run that site by myself just for fun. I do not get support, I pay for it myself. I do not get emails. I get what I post for the most part from news articles all a person has to do is subcribe to google or yahoo news alerts for that. It is something I do for fun I have never asked anyone from here to come to it, or support it in anyway. This site IS a professional run business and I am inno way trying to compete nor am I stupid enough to believe I could.

pkram
Forum Addict

Postby pkram » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:30 am

pjbogart wrote: Not only does he ignore competing ideas, he couldn't adopt them if he wanted to because they'd shut down his website. He's not only a bitch for the right, he's a whore as well.
I will post any article that is sent to me as long as it is not full of racist hate. I allow anyone to post with their opinon without registration of the forum. Its just a hobby nothing else.I have never ignored any competing ideas and since I am the only one involved with this hobby I have no one to answer to.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:10 am

I believe the clown known as pkram indicts himself and his cause each and every time he posts. I rarely read him anymore, but can't imagine that he's getting any smarter.

Stupidity is frustrating, but it's not catchy. Keep your distance and you'll be just fine.

Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:20 am

pkram wrote:I will post any article that is sent to me as long as it is not full of racist hate.

Coming from the guy who calls people "subhuman", I'd say that leaves plenty of leeway for racism. It's also a testament to your high standards.

As for hate, well, it's nice to know that you're only concerned with racist hate, since you spew out every other kind of hate without discretion.

Marge
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marge » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:41 pm

If pkram were banned, I would miss out on all of Marvell's Kram-p the clown" posts, and that would be a great loss indeed.
For that alone, I say keep him.

boone
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boone » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:25 am

pjbogart wrote:
btrapp wrote:
pjbogart wrote:They're like flies... and maggots are sure to follow.

You're saying he should be banned 'cause it's a public health issue, eh?

Basically I'm saying that progressive lurkers may be get the impression that the DP is populated with freepers. This is a progressive forum. It always has been. You've got your WOD issues and I've got my issues. If five of the last ten threads in National Politics are reposts from pkram's site, lurkers may get the impression that the DP isn't friendly to their point of view and they might decide to lurk elsewhere. I consider that a loss.

Unless you want more pkrams flittering about.

There is nothing progressive in your position. Fight for free speech for all before you are the last person left with the freedom and fighting to retain.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:57 am

OK, so how about now? I was thinking there was absolutely no way to get rid of that idjit, but then his idiocy completely wrecked a legit thread about Bush's Supreme Court nomination.

pkram
Forum Addict

Postby pkram » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:00 am

jjoyce wrote:OK, so how about now? I was thinking there was absolutely no way to get rid of that idjit, but then his idiocy completely wrecked a legit thread about Bush's Supreme Court nomination.
How did I ruin it, the person said he was looking forward to see wht the times I had to say I replied to that comment it was the whiners here who hijacked the thread and changed its focus not me.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”