Cut pkram loose?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Should jjoyce cut pkram loose?

Yes
16
46%
No
19
54%
 
Total votes: 35

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6563
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Cut pkram loose?

Postby pjbogart » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:50 pm

Well, do you suppose it's time for jjoyce to cut pkram loose? He's pretty much just using the popularity of the DP to attact traffic to his site anyway, and I can't imagine how the Isthmus owes him such a service. The vast majority of his posts are simply copies of things he writes on his ridiculous "looney left" site and he doesn't seem even remotely interested in facts, ideas or discussions.

I don't see how his free speech is doing any good for anyone... mostly he's just distracting people away from the issues and introducing mind-numbingly stupid posts within otherwise interesting threads.

Do us and pkram a favor and just let him go. He's got his own forum he can post in.

btrapp
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1107
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:12 pm

Re: Cut pkram loose?

Postby btrapp » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:50 pm

Will someone please show PJ how to use the fuckin' ignore button before all those tears ruin her keyboard?

And PJ...after you figure it out, please put me on it also. It'd probably be for the best. Thanxs.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6563
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Re: Cut pkram loose?

Postby pjbogart » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:25 pm

btrapp wrote:Will someone please show PJ how to use the fuckin' ignore button before all those tears ruin her keyboard?

And PJ...after you figure it out, please put me on it also. It'd probably be for the best. Thanxs.


Now why would I do that, penguin? You're only annoying in a "stoner who can't remember what he said five minutes ago" kind of way. Oh wait... I just discriminated against stoners! I'm a bigot!

Say, penguin... now that we're faced with a Supreme Court nomination, perhaps you could tell us again why Bush and Kerry are no different. Way to set back your "noble fight" about 25 years (or more).

btrapp
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1107
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:12 pm

Re: Cut pkram loose?

Postby btrapp » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:58 pm

Tell me how that message of yours is any different than what pkram has ever said?

And btw, you ain't my friend so quit addressing me as if you are. Thanks...

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:44 pm

Re: Cut pkram loose?

Postby white_rabbit » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:37 pm

pjbogart wrote:
Now why would I do that, penguin?


NONONONONO.....IT'S PENqUIN, PENqUIN!!!!

Nettie
Senior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:17 am
Location: Here somewhere
Contact:

Re: Cut pkram loose?

Postby Nettie » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:42 pm

pjbogart wrote:Well, do you suppose it's time for jjoyce to cut pkram loose? He's pretty much just using the popularity of the DP to attact traffic to his site anyway, and I can't imagine how the Isthmus owes him such a service. The vast majority of his posts are simply copies of things he writes on his ridiculous "looney left" site and he doesn't seem even remotely interested in facts, ideas or discussions.

I don't see how his free speech is doing any good for anyone... mostly he's just distracting people away from the issues and introducing mind-numbingly stupid posts within otherwise interesting threads.

Do us and pkram a favor and just let him go. He's got his own forum he can post in.


Amazing. Are you going to blame pkram because you and others CHOOSE to respond to his "mind-numbingly stupid posts"? Then when you tire of the game you go running to the forum nanny, whom I assume is jjoyce, to ban him? As I stated once before, for all the self-professed intelligence around here you sure are slow to realize your own culpability in the situation.

Btw...'free speech' isn't required to 'do any good for anyone'. That's the beauty of being free to speak. Believe me, 99% of the time I disagree with pkram's take on things or his method of approach but I'd never try to deny him his right to voice his opinions....such as they are. Usually I just read his posts and move on because I learned long ago arguing with him isn't going to change the way he is. This could even be taken a step or two further...don't click on his posts or use the ignore feature this board offers. Then viola` as far as your PC is concerned he's off your planet.

Really...it's a pretty simple self initiated solution.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6563
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Postby pjbogart » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:44 pm

What a surprise... one of the "Looney Left" forons finds pkram tolerable. Hey Nettie, why don't you take pkram and the rest of your Green Bay buddies and go back to your Green Bay forum? The collective IQ of the DP dipped about 20 points when you morons showed up and your "progressive" friends are only slightly less idiotic than your conservative friends.

Calling a Vietnam veteran "unamerican" because he doesn't support the war in Iraq isn't an alternative POV, it's drivel, plain and simple. I suppose that to say something is unwanted drivel is kind of redundant, but repetition seems somewhat necessary when dealing with cretins like yourself.

The Isthmus has no obligation to help pkram build traffic on his website, but it's really up to jjoyce if he wants to put his foot down. There is no free speech, per se, though free speech is generally tolerated on the DP. I rail on Ned Flanders for sport, but I don't think I've ever lobbied to have him banned. pkram, on the other hand, has nothing to offer but inane reposts from his website. If I wanted to read them, I'd give it a visit.

And yes, I have him on ignore, but I'd really rather not have lurkers reading his endless posts and reposts and coming to the conclusion that Madison, Wisconsin is a haven for incompetent right wing morons. They're like flies... and maggots are sure to follow.

btrapp
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1107
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:12 pm

Postby btrapp » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:56 pm

pjbogart wrote:They're like flies... and maggots are sure to follow.


You're saying he should be banned 'cause it's a public health issue, eh?

Nettie
Senior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:17 am
Location: Here somewhere
Contact:

Postby Nettie » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:06 pm

pjbogart wrote:What a surprise... one of the "Looney Left" forons finds pkram tolerable. Hey Nettie, why don't you take pkram and the rest of your Green Bay buddies and go back to your Green Bay forum? The collective IQ of the DP dipped about 20 points when you morons showed up and your "progressive" friends are only slightly less idiotic than your conservative friends.

Calling a Vietnam veteran "unamerican" because he doesn't support the war in Iraq isn't an alternative POV, it's drivel, plain and simple. I suppose that to say something is unwanted drivel is kind of redundant, but repetition seems somewhat necessary when dealing with cretins like yourself.

The Isthmus has no obligation to help pkram build traffic on his website, but it's really up to jjoyce if he wants to put his foot down. There is no free speech, per se, though free speech is generally tolerated on the DP. I rail on Ned Flanders for sport, but I don't think I've ever lobbied to have him banned. pkram, on the other hand, has nothing to offer but inane reposts from his website. If I wanted to read them, I'd give it a visit.

And yes, I have him on ignore, but I'd really rather not have lurkers reading his endless posts and reposts and coming to the conclusion that Madison, Wisconsin is a haven for incompetent right wing morons. They're like flies... and maggots are sure to follow.


LMAO.....why don't you get over yourself? Bottom line: You CHOSE to respond to pkram and now you want him punished because YOU couldn't control YOUR actions. Accept responsibility for your ownself why don't you?.

Also, I have a newsflash for you...this forum isn't Madison, Wisconsin....it's an internet forum open to the World Wide Web. I keep my postings to the national/international/general areas as I don't even live in Wisconsin. I would never read an internet forum and assume it was a cut and dried reflection of the city it originated from....I'm surprised that you'd be that gullible.

As for your opinion of me and 'my friends' (quite an assumption there as I haven't posted here enough for you to determine who my friends are let alone what my views are)....I came to this forum being completely polite, friendly and respectful of all. In a short period of time, with no basis to go on, I was quickly lumped in with the trolls, morons, *insert derogatory term of your choice here* only because we'd all come here from the same internet community. I have been one of those lurkers you speak of and IF this internet forum IS replicative of Madison, Wisconsinites then I would have to say the impression is that you're all extremely rude, narrow-minded, full of themself, elitests. Good thing I know that forums don't reflect the people of the city they originate from, isn't it?

Oh yea......opinions are like assholes....I'm sure you've heard that one. Well, your opinion of me and a second asshole are neither something I need nor want. Thank you very much. However, I will defend your right to spew it just as I would anyone's right.

Now, if this is WAY too much for you to handle then please feel free to send me to ignoreland with pkram and anyone else who just might happen to not agree with everything you say.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6563
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Postby pjbogart » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:08 pm

btrapp wrote:
pjbogart wrote:They're like flies... and maggots are sure to follow.


You're saying he should be banned 'cause it's a public health issue, eh?


Basically I'm saying that progressive lurkers may be get the impression that the DP is populated with freepers. This is a progressive forum. It always has been. You've got your WOD issues and I've got my issues. If five of the last ten threads in National Politics are reposts from pkram's site, lurkers may get the impression that the DP isn't friendly to their point of view and they might decide to lurk elsewhere. I consider that a loss.

Unless you want more pkrams flittering about.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 13805
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 2:48 pm
Contact:

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:25 pm

The roots of pj's need to silence opinions other than his own were laid out here more than a month ago by yours truly. You can't say I didn't warn you. The worst part is there are thousands of pjs in Madison:

Unfortunately, our friend pj is a perfect example of the type of insulted, unthinking leftie that places like Madison, Berkeley and Austin breed. Unaware that his ideas are on the far fringe society and rarely challenged, he quickly disintegrates into name-calling and threats when exposed to a even moderate point of view. Like a running back that's never been tackled he has no idea how to handle the larger game around him. Luckily, his boorish behavior and under-developed debating skills severly limit the number of people who will take him seriously (see Howard Dean). This ultimately limits the spread of far-left thought and actions into greater society, which is fine by me.

http://www.thedailypage.com/forum/viewt ... c&start=15

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6563
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Postby pjbogart » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:40 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:The roots of pj's need to silence opinions other than his own were laid out here more than a month ago by yours truly. You can't say I didn't warn you. The worst part is there are thousands of pjs in Madison.


Aw, Ned. You hurt my feelings. I don't try to silence your opinions... I just show that you're consistently wrong and it bothers you that you can't spread your lies without twenty forons pointing out that you have your head up your ass.

Ned Spinning Like a Top

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 21436
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:53 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:... under-developed debating skills severly limit the number of people who will take him seriously ...

This from someone who runs from serious debate and can only come back with an ad hominem.

I think the term is kettle, black.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 13805
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 2:48 pm
Contact:

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:59 pm

pjbogart wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:The roots of pj's need to silence opinions other than his own were laid out here more than a month ago by yours truly. You can't say I didn't warn you. The worst part is there are thousands of pjs in Madison.


Aw, Ned. You hurt my feelings. I don't try to silence your opinions... I just show that you're consistently wrong and it bothers you that you can't spread your lies without twenty forons pointing out that you have your head up your ass.

Ned Spinning Like a Top


You can lash out at me, but others are calling you out for the exact same reasons that I did. Time to look inside buddy-boy. Something ain't right.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6563
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Postby pjbogart » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:10 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
pjbogart wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:The roots of pj's need to silence opinions other than his own were laid out here more than a month ago by yours truly. You can't say I didn't warn you. The worst part is there are thousands of pjs in Madison.


Aw, Ned. You hurt my feelings. I don't try to silence your opinions... I just show that you're consistently wrong and it bothers you that you can't spread your lies without twenty forons pointing out that you have your head up your ass.

Ned Spinning Like a Top


You can lash out at me, but others are calling you out for the exact same reasons that I did. Time to look inside buddy-boy. Something ain't right.


Something ain't right? You've been bashing your head against a wall for several years and 4000+ posts and you tell me something "ain't right?" Okey Dokey, Flanders.

Who's calling me out? Penguin? Please... Nettie? Nettie's a poster on the "Looney Left" website. BTW, why aren't you over there spreading your charm? You could be king! The only guy with a 100 IQ! I guess you just enjoy the abuse.

You ARE right about something, though. I am the left's attack dog, and perfectly proud to be such. It's something the right is very good at and the left is "above." Not me, though. Hey, that reminds me... I never got your comment on my insult of the day, and I thought it was pretty good. I'll give it another go round, slightly altered.

Flanders, you couldn't argue your way out of a chocolate sundae in a room full of five year olds.


Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest