Are Madisonians The Only Intelligent People On The Planet?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

What's up with these "non-Madison" idiots?

Everyone outside of Madison is stupid
11%
Everyone who feels the need to tell us that they don't live in Madison is stupid
21%
Everyone is stupid, period... Madisonians are just a bit less stupid
53%
Everyone who posts from outside Madison happens to be stupid, but it's mostly just dumb luck
16%

Total votes: 19

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:04 pm

Um.
1) I was Kidding earlier. This thread started out about intelligent people in Madison and so I thought that acting like I was jumping on the bandwagon but didn't know the meanings of words would be funny.
And the burrito thing was a reference to value. Haha.

2) It's weird that I have to explain that.

3) It's weirder still that only in Madison will value burritos spawn a political discussion.

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:42 pm

Blunt, this still does not explain when I am getting the burrito you owe me.

Wait, I think that may create the wrong impression. Did I say that out loud?

boone
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boone » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:49 am

Ned Flanders wrote:
boone wrote:
minicat wrote:Where's the poll selection for "Madisonians are pompous assholes who think everyone outside Madison are idiots"

I wish the insults on this board were coming from conservative republicans, because guys like jjoyce and the rest of the closed clique here are just great for deflating the spirit of someone that has been fighting for exactly the same liberal goals.

The message I hear is get out and I probably will. I've never been much into joining up for things and this is a good lesson on not doing so in the future.

Aw. Stick around a bit. Igonore the insecure and those who aren't able to pass over things that they don't want read. The insults, threats and language are just the dues ya pay when dealing with libs in general, not just in the Forum.

But as my Granny used to say, "consider the source".

Thanks for the invite. I think I will hang around longer (to your detriment.) No more Mister Nice Guy to the pompous asses though.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:03 am

Just watch any legislative body, they all act as if their town,state, etc. is most intelligent. I used to chuckle at Chicago City Council's broadcasts. My favorite was alderwoman, Dorothy Tillman, with her big hats. Or Mayor Daily, when he wants to get something done, like making Meigs Field a park, by stealing it at night. You wanna get a thread going? Just say something pro or con Madison, and it's like saying "Yo' Mama" !

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”