Liquored up

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Liquored up

Postby Shorty » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:55 pm

He knows how to enjoy the big Packer game.

Thief steals hundreds of dollars worth of liquor from Target, punches worker
http://www.channel3000.com/news/crime/p ... /634697202

"Madison police said a man was at the Target on Junction Road at 8:39 p.m. with a shopping cart full of high-end liquor worth about $600...the thief chased him down and punched him in the head, knocking the 21-year-old to the floor. The shoplifter was loudly cursing, drawing lots of attention, as he loaded his the stolen alcohol into an older red, rusty Ford Taurus."

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Liquored up

Postby gozer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:40 pm

i wonder what the shopper was saying when he was cursing -- maybe he was protesting against excise taxes on whiskey and the like . . .

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:14 pm

gozer wrote:i wonder what the shopper was saying when he was cursing -- maybe he was protesting against excise taxes on whiskey and the like . . .

My guess is that he was bitching about the selection. It sucks to go through the trouble of shoplifting and they don't even have any decent tequila.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:19 pm

i have noticed that osco, the drug store chain, has their own brand of vodka . . . maybe a throwback to the 1930s and earlier, before the introduction of the first ethylenediamine and ethanolamine antihistamines in the middle 1940s when hay fever, asthma, and allergies were treated with amphetamines, opiates, cannabis tincture, belladonna, and liquor . . . malt liquor and whiskey were both in the united states pharmacopoeia and other national formularies until at least 1916 . . .

Return to “Beer, wine & cocktails”