Isthmus Oktobeerfest

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Isthmus Oktobeerfest

Postby gargantua » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:44 pm

We attended this event Saturday. It looked like everyone was having a good time. Certainly, the beautiful weather helped, and Central Park was a good setting for it. Gate opened at 2:30, and our original intent was to scope out the tents and come up with a plan. However, several of the brewers started serving almost immediately instead of at the planned 3:00, so we took advantage of the situation. It seemed pretty uncrowded for the first 1 1/2 hours, which was great. By about 4, lines were starting to form for several of the booths, especially for food. That said, the lines moved relatively quickly, with one notable exception : porta-potties. There were 12, for a sizable crowd at a BEERFEST. They could have used at least 20.
I'd consider going next year. My concern is that they'll try and boost attendance. If it turns into an afternoon of waiting in line like the winter beer/cheese thing, I'll pass.

AndyMatts

Re: Isthmus Oktobeerfest

Postby AndyMatts » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:03 am

It was a pretty awesome event, IMO. Scary that they were able to find that much dirndl/lederhosen video.

My first time in that park, and never saw the skatepark before, either. That looks like a great place for kids to hang out instead of being bored and getting into trouble.

Return to “Beer, wine & cocktails”