Fantasy Factory

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Fantasy Factory

Postby john_titor » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:09 pm

Koga personally held in his hand every one of the Fantasy Factory bottles that’s left the brewery.

http://host.madison.com/entertainment/dining/beer/beer-baron-karben-s-landmark-ipa-comes-to-bottles/article_ea974ad3-8b7f-5128-9dd8-711b34a6ec88.html

Koga achieves that layer of bready-caramel sweetness amidst all those hops with Golden Promise, a malt that is a favorite thanks to the toast-like character it imparts to beer.
Fantasy Factory finishes at 6.3% ABV with an estimated 65 IBUs. It sells in the brewery's taproom for $4.75 per glass and $13 per growler refill, and six-packs run about $8-9.
The Consensus: 91 (outstanding) at BeerAdvocate and 95/93 (overall/style) at RateBeer.

http://www.isthmus.com/daily/article.php?article=43806

This is my favorite local beer. I am not a fan of malty, this isn't malty. It is hoppy. Stumbled across two six packs pushed back in a lower rack at the store. 10 bucks each. My wife liked it. She doesn't like beer, let alone IPA. The label roxxx.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Fantasy Factory

Postby gargantua » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:27 pm

They slipped some prizes in a few of the six pack's, so be sure to examine yours carefully.
It's a fine beer. I wouldn't say it's my favorite but it's on the short list.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:57 pm

gargantua wrote:They slipped some prizes in a few of the six pack's, so be sure to examine yours carefully.
It's a fine beer. I wouldn't say it's my favorite but it's on the short list.

It's got the best label ever and its pretty good beer. I like 'em a little stronger. It kind of reminds me of Lagunitas Sucks but more leaning towards the sour side than Sucks sweetness, and not as powerful.

john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby john_titor » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:47 pm

gargantua wrote:They slipped some prizes in a few of the six pack's, so be sure to examine yours carefully.

As i was going through the nasty garbage in the garbage can outside, desperately looking for the boxes and free coupons for beer therein, it dawned on me, "I wonder if a random guy on the Internet was just trolling me to go through my trash?"

Either way I lost. The found boxes held nothing not even a rock.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:57 pm

To the best of my knowledge and belief, I steered you right. I no longer remember where I heard it though. I think it was a Karben4 Facebook post.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:22 pm

gargantua wrote:To the best of my knowledge and belief, I steered you right.

You did. K4 tweeted about it.

http://twitter.com/Karben4/status/531968549271502848

john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby john_titor » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:01 pm

I was again chuckling to myself thinking about me rooting through the garbage, as I emptied a six pack into the fridge today. I take the box to fold it up and recycle, when I spy A FREE DRINK TOKEN!!! Thanks Karben4!

Return to “Beer, wine & cocktails”