Xmas Drinks

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Xmas Drinks

Postby jjoyce » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:34 pm

Remember 2000, maybe 2001, when every holiday party included amateur cosmo mixing?

kittenwithawhip
Forum Addict

Postby kittenwithawhip » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Even I am not girly enough to seriously drink a Cosmo. And I am pretty damn girly.

Negronis are always in season. Lovely warm Chrismas color. Equal parts Campari (or Aperol), Sweet Vermouth (Punt es Mes if you can find it) and Gin. Rangpur gin makes the best Negroni. Shake and serve with an orange twist.

Or try a nice frosty Gin martini with a few Juniper berries and a quick splash of blood orange bitters tossed in for holiday atmos. Stir it gently in your Jingle Bell shaker and pour into well frosted glasses. Skewer an olive or wrap your lemon twist around a Rosemary twig.
Don't forget to leave one for Santa, Baby.

No one should ever, EVER drink Schnapps. Unless you are out of Listerine and just yakked up your holiday cheer.

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:08 pm

kittenwithawhip wrote:Even I am not girly enough to seriously drink a Cosmo. And I am pretty damn girly.

Or try a nice frosty Gin martini with a few Juniper berries and a quick splash of blood orange bitters tossed in for holiday atmos. Stir it gently in your Jingle Bell shaker and pour into well frosted glasses.

Are you for real? You diss a Cosmo for being "girly" and then proceed to prattle some nonsense about some obviously socially retarded concoction involving "Juniper berries" and "blood orange"? You ought to be bitch-slapped with a Mr Boston's bartenders guide.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:28 am

Average Joe wrote:You ought to be bitch-slapped with a Mr Boston's bartenders guide.

You ought to cram a sock in your misogynist pie-hole.

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:16 am

Figures that a humorless effete would find the term "bitch-slap" as misogynistic...

Bitch Slap
Contrary to most definitions, the “bitch” is describing the “slap” rather than the destination.

A Bitch Slap is a sharp, openhanded, stinging, yet generally benign slap... When you “bitch slap” someone, you are slapping him or her like a woman would!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... Bitch+Slap

...but thanks for trying to turn a playful, non-serious online conversation into a "schooling" on political correctness.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:30 pm

So it's not about slapping a person like a bitch should be slapped, but how a bitch does the slapping! See, it's all better!

(Just jokes, Joe--though I'll admit I didn't read a lot of playful banter in your original critique of kitten's juniper berry bitter orange cocktail.)

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Average Joe wrote:Figures that a humorless effete would find the term "bitch-slap" as misogynistic...

Bitch Slap
Contrary to most definitions, the “bitch” is describing the “slap” rather than the destination.

A Bitch Slap is a sharp, openhanded, stinging, yet generally benign slap... When you “bitch slap” someone, you are slapping him or her like a woman would!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... Bitch+Slap

...but thanks for trying to turn a playful, non-serious online conversation into a "schooling" on political correctness.

So, by your own admission, you think 'woman = bitch.' Got it.

Why don't you go shove your playful, non-serious head up your cavernous, misogynistic ass?

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Marvell wrote:So, by your own admission, you think 'woman = bitch.'

By my own admission I think Marvell=uptight turd-fondler who's bike seat has cut off all blood flow to its testes.
Last edited by Average Joe on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:47 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:So it's not about slapping a person like a bitch should be slapped, but how a bitch does the slapping! See, it's all better!

(Just jokes, Joe--though I'll admit I didn't read a lot of playful banter in your original critique of kitten's juniper berry bitter orange cocktail.)

Book...I took faux umbrage for being called girly for liking Cosmos...seriously, who slaps someone with a Mr Boston's bar guide? That was the intent of my post, to be sarcastically "insulted" and ironic. If Ms. Kitty is seriously offended by my post I will apologize to her and she can flog me with her whip. On the other hand, Marvell being offended by my post and accusing me of being misogynistic is just completely silly and should be treated as such.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:05 pm

Ah, see, I didn't realize it was you being picked on with the "cosmos are girly" bit. Makes more sense now. Carry on!

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:20 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Ah, see, I didn't realize it was you being picked on with the "cosmos are girly" bit. Makes more sense now. Carry on!

yup...fa, la, la, la shiny and bright via cosmo found on page one which inspired Ms Kitty with a whip comment and my reply.

Marvell is still a witless dick.

kittenwithawhip
Forum Addict

Postby kittenwithawhip » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:29 am

My Goodness, who woulda thunk my distaste for the SATC pink drink would inspire such a firestorm!

Don't worry Joe dear, the only offense I might take is that you would use a Mr Boston guide and not the much more interesting "Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails : From the Alamagoozlum Cocktail to the Zombie". And a b*tch is a female dog. What self respecting feline would appreciate that reference?

If Ms. Kitty is seriously offended by my post I will apologize to her and she can flog me with her whip.

Thanks for the offer, but I will keep my Cat-O-Nine-Tails idle for now, it's getting a holiday retrofit with a festive jingle bell at the end of every tail!

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:37 am

I heart kitties with whips. :wink:

kimm
Forum Addict

Postby kimm » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:27 pm

Zane Lamprey suggests a "Christmas Bomb" for these kinds of situations:
-3/4 pint Guinness
-Drop in a shot of 1/2 Mr Boston's Eggnog Liqueur (or real eggnog) & 1/2 Fireball Whisky
-Chug!

chainsawcurtis
Forum Addict

Postby chainsawcurtis » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:49 pm

There's always the Turkey Dinner - Wild Turkey and cranberry liqueur mixed 2-1 over cracked ice and strained like a Manhattan.

And while not specifically an X-mas drink, a personal favorite is the Moonwalker - Black Velvet and Tia Maria. 2 to 1 blended over ice and strained, again, like a Manhattan. Sounds weird, tastes great.

Return to “Beer, wine & cocktails”