Middleton Sting is on again

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:36 pm

At a bar where the bouncer cards at the door(thus relieving bartenders from having to check ID's), who gets the ticket if an underaged person is served?

Veeder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Veeder » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:48 pm

Sting and The Police are coming to Middleton?

Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:57 pm

O.J. wrote:At a bar where the bouncer cards at the door(thus relieving bartenders from having to check ID's), who gets the ticket if an underaged person is served?

Bill and OJ,

Option B doesn't exist as a sting.

It doesn't matter if it’s a fake. If someone shows you a valid ID that says they're of age, you're off the hook.

Common sense would seem to dictate if the person in the picture doesn't look like the person who handed it to you, you shouldn't serve them. But you're not responsible for serving someone if they handed you a bogus ID. At that point all the blame is on the person trying to buy the booze illegally, and the server can't be fined. That doesn't mean cities and villages don't take the number of underagers caught in establishments into account when liquor license renewals are due. But that's a whole different thread.

My stack of fakes takes up two Tupperware containers between the store and bar. And I think if you search some of the threads I started, you'll come up with the one about the Virginia Fakes that came through last summer. Those were good, and almost impossible to spot at a glance. Yeah, I should call the cops every time I get handed a bogus or altered ID, but I don't. It's more effective to scare the little bastard with the threat of police involvement to get his or her real name then grab the white pages and call mom and dad. If they give me a hard time or are a pain in my ass, then the cops get called. But I've found when it comes to meeting people, and making good connections in the community a heads-up to mom and pops is usually most effective.

Dan Motor

lysander
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lysander » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:57 pm

O.J. wrote:At a bar where the bouncer cards at the door(thus relieving bartenders from having to check ID's), who gets the ticket if an underaged person is served?

The person who served them. I think that they can ticket anyone who has a bartender's license, though.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:53 pm

Middleton Sting was born Gorgo Sumner.

Return to “Beer, wine & cocktails”