Anyone been to "The Brink Lounge?"

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades
sunspot_mike
Forum God/Goddess

Postby sunspot_mike » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:17 am

I like The Brink a lot and I've been down there a dozen times to hang out after eating at The Brass Rail and before going to Gomeroke or a show at The High Noon. It's a comfortable place to get a buzz on before partying super hard and it's a good place to chill out if you don't like the middle or opening band at the venue above it.

I can definitely see the hotel lobby vibe, but that doesn't bother me. I think it's a good place to unwind or to gear up.

Slick Willy
Forum Addict

Postby Slick Willy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:30 am

massimo wrote:
Slick Willy wrote:...cumfy furniture...

I think I'll be avoiding the Brink Lounge.

oops, i mispelled comfy as C-U-M-F-Y :oops: there was no implied pun, so i corrected it above

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:41 am

I won't set foot in that place until the proprietor ponies up the dough for the six inches of fuckin' concrete Cathy had to pour over the beautiful oak floor of the High Noon so dude could throw open the doors to this yuppietorium without having to suffer the sonic rumblings from above.

Fuck him and fuck his sanitized establishment. I've been to the brink plenty of times. Can't imagine why I'd want to visit an establishment by the same name.

Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:31 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:I won't set foot in that place until the proprietor ponies up the dough for the six inches of fuckin' concrete Cathy had to pour over the beautiful oak floor of the High Noon so dude could throw open the doors to this yuppietorium without having to suffer the sonic rumblings from above.

I was wondering who had to pay for that fiasco. I assumed that Brink did as well as providing funds for the time High Noon was closed. Do you know for a fact that High Noon had to pay for that? That is wack, and I have no business using terms like wack.

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:50 pm

Last I heard, the issue of who's ultimately paying the tab is still ... um ... up for debate.

Grapevine, mind you. Talk it with a grain of sodium chloride.

Truth is, I have no interest in that fuckin' place one way or the other. Not my scene, I suspect. But I'll admit, I have a foul taste in my mouth at Cathy's having to close up shop to sound proof her place for some late-breaking business venture. Good to be the landlord, I guess. Any other enterprise making such demands of a neighboring business would be laughed right outta Dodge.

"Oh, you opened your piano bar next to a rock club? I guess you're a dumbshit then, huh?"

Stampy

Postby Stampy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:54 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:Last I heard, the issue of who's ultimately paying the tab is still ... um ... up for debate.

Grapevine, mind you. Talk it with a grain of sodium chloride.

Truth is, I have no interest in that fuckin' place one way or the other. Not my scene, I suspect. But I'll admit, I have a foul taste in my mouth at Cathy's having to close up shop to sound proof her place for some late-breaking business venture. Good to be the landlord, I guess. Any other enterprise making such demands of a neighboring business would be laughed right outta Dodge.

"Oh, you opened your piano bar next to a rock club? I guess you're a dumbshit then, huh?"

Yes, he is.

tinsley

Postby tinsley » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:35 pm

I've walked into the Brink on multiple occasions, either while in the neighborhood or before/after shows at the High Noon. Typically there's hardly anybody there, there's the current worst band in the world playing a set, it feels like a hotel which bought the cheapest furniture it could find, and the wine is overpriced. I usually end up saying to my friends "this place is lame" to which they reply "indeed" and we promptly leave. Hopefully I'll never step foot in that joint again.

spanky
Forum God/Goddess

Postby spanky » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:07 pm

Brink is running for City Council to fill Radomski's vacated seat.

dstol62
Forum God/Goddess

Postby dstol62 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:18 pm

Having played there on three or four occasions, I have noticed that more people have been showing up to music events, and in general the place seems to be doing well. Granted, the place has a "professional" decor, and some of the menu and drink items will need to be adjusted, but overall it is a very comfortable room and well suited live music in a variety of styles.

Also, the Brink family has gone out of their way to make visiting music groups feel comfortable.

eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby eriedasch » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:19 pm

dstol62 wrote:Having played there on three or four occasions, ...it is a very comfortable room and well suited live music in a variety of styles.

Also, the Brink family has gone out of their way to make visiting music groups feel comfortable.

So in other words, they pay a pretty good guarentee.

dstol62
Forum God/Goddess

Postby dstol62 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:49 pm

eriedasch wrote:
dstol62 wrote:Having played there on three or four occasions, ...it is a very comfortable room and well suited live music in a variety of styles.

So in other words, they pay a pretty good guarentee.

no, they pay a pretty good guarantee...

Siebers

Brink

Postby Siebers » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:35 pm

I wonder why all the hate for the Brink. People jealous that the guy has the money to do what he wants? Shut the fuck up about it. He can do whatever he wants and it is HIS building if he sees fit to make her pay well she signed the fucking lease so WHO is the dumbshit? yeah yeah we all love cathy but that doesnt mean that he is unfair. It is biz man and if you wanna play you gotta pay. All of you with no dollars and no knowlegde are so quick to judge.

small cheese
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Brink

Postby small cheese » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:46 pm

Siebers wrote:He can do whatever he wants and it is HIS building if he sees fit to make her pay well she signed the fucking lease so WHO is the dumbshit?

Her lawyer.

Oh, and you're an asshole.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:59 pm

Just for the record, I am not siebers.

Siebers

Postby Siebers » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:05 pm

No I am siebers and if that makes me an asshole so be it.

Return to “Beer, wine & cocktails”