Just announced this morning. This looks pretty cool:
THRILL JOCKEY Announce TWO Benefit Efforts For Japan!
Benefit for the Recovery In Japan Compilation
Download Available Here For $15 (see below for 64 song track listing):
Benefit for the Recovery in Japan, a compilation album with contributions from over sixty diverse artists from around the world, will be released today via Thrill Jockey's Fina-Music online digital music store. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of this compilation will go directly towards the recovery and relief effort taking place in the wake of the March 11th earthquake and tsunami in northern Japan and the resulting nuclear emergency. This massive set contains nearly five hours of music and features tracks by a wide range of artists including Christian Fennesz, Shinji Masuko (Boredoms/DMBQ), Prefuse 73, Tim Hecker, Tunde Adebimpe, School of Seven Bells, Zeena Parkins, Bear In Heaven, The Ex, Deerhunter's Bradford Cox, Oren Ambarchi, Akron/Family, Sam Prekop, Ben Frost, Rhys Chatham, and many others.
As the crisis continues to unfold and the full scope of the disaster becomes even more apparent, our sisters and brothers in Japan face many challenges: both the immediate needs - provisions for food, water, shelter, and healthcare - as well as the long term recovery and rebuilding efforts in the impacted communities. The ripple effects of the earthquake and resulting tsunami will be felt for years to come. Benefit for the Recovery in Japan was created with the goal of providing immediate and tangible aid in the relief, recovery, and rebuilding that will take place over the coming days, months, and years.
The people of Japan need your help now, and your purchase of this music is one way to connect with and provide assistance to the people in Japan working to recover from this disaster. 100% of the proceeds from your purchase of this release will go to the Japanese emergency response organization Civic Force - thereby helping support real work happening on the ground by Japanese-based relief workers.
This compilation is dedicated to the victims and survivors, their families, and the aid workers courageously struggling to deal with the aftermath of the earthquake.
Benefit for the Recovery in Japan is curated by Antiopic's David Daniell and James Elliott, with invaluable assistance from Regina Greene (Front Porch Productions), and Greg Davis. This release is made possible by the generosity of all of the artists involved.
About Civic Force: Civic Force is a Japanese not-for-profit organization that provides aid and emergency response in times of great domestic trouble in Japan. Civic Force developed from experiences learned during the Niigata Earthquake of 2004, and was established to provide faster and more effective disaster relief by cooperating closely with NGOs, the business community and government of Japan. For more information about Civic Force, see http://civic-force.org/english/index.html
01. Fennesz: "Fearless"
02. Helado Negro: "Cabeza Bella"
03. Stephan Mathieu: "(Excerpt from) The Floating World"
04. School of Seven Bells: "Midnight Sun"
05. Lawrence English: "Hotaru"
06. Noveller: "Darkheart"
07. Zeena Parkins: "The Letter"
08. Tom Carter (of Charalambides): "Mended"
09. Akron/Family: "Deep Kazoo"
10. The Ex: "Cold Weather Is Back"
11. Shinji Masuko (of Boredoms/DMBQ): "Botsuon"
12. Oneohtrix Point Never: "The Inside World"
13. Tokimonsta: "Sound Caves"
14. Joshua Abrams: "Jackdaws"
15. Keith Fullerton Whitman: "Anzac #3"
16. Ben Frost: "Snæugla"
17. David Daniell: "Shiho-hiru-tama"
18. Grouper: "Cassiopeia"
19. Tape: "Mirrors"
20. Jefre Cantu-Ledesma: "Moon in a Dewdrop"
21. D. Charles Speer: "Steel Infant"
22. Evan Caminiti (of Barn Owl): "Blue Veil"
23. Blackshaw, Wood, Wood & Tomlinson (James Blackshaw & Hush Arbors): "Are You Alright? (Chump Change)"
24. Nat Baldwin (of Dirty Projectors): "In the Hollows"
25. Chris Forsyth & Shawn Edward Hansen: "Dirty Pool Blues"
26. Zelienople: "Stone Faced About It"
27. Elm (Jon Porras of Barn Owl): "Diamond Dust"
28. Lobisomem: "Kusha"
29. Stabbing Eastwood (Tunde Adebimpe & Ryan Sawyer): "Thundersnow Mountain"
30. Alan Licht & Greg Malcolm: "Natasha Utting Reporting"
31. Scott Tuma: "To: Hasty"
32. Rhys Chatham: "Prayer for the People of Fukushima"
33. Prefuse 73: "The Only Climactic Dissonant Hums"
34. Growing: "Untitled"
35. James Plotkin (of Khanate): "Broken '96"
36. Totem Test: "Pulse Prayer for Japan"
37. Marcus Schmickler (of Pluramon): "2.71828 Up"
38. Tim Hecker: "Hatred of Music (Double Gate Mix)"
39. Sylvain Chauveau: "Colours in Darkness"
40. Bear In Heaven: "The Days We Have"
41. Spires That In The Sunset Rise with Michael Zerang: "Collision Theory"
42. C. Spencer Yeh: "Solo Violin March 13th 2011"
43. Lau Nau: "Oi Kuolema"
44. Oren Ambarchi: "Merely A Portmanteau"
45. Warm Ghost: "Uncut Diamond (Dripping Pollen Mix)"
46. Bradley & Geofrey (Atlas Sound + White Rainbow): "Mr. Stephen's Private Service"
47. Peter's House Music: "Half Step"
48. Leb Laze: "Da Plane Da Plane"
49. Matthewdavid: "Stop Laughing / Be Honest"
50. Sam Prekop: "Lakes River"
51. Simon Scott: "Of You (Before 2082)"
52. Tetuzi Akiyama/Jon Mueller/Jim Schoenecker: "Untitled"
53. Shelley Burgon: "Let It Be New"
54. Giant Sand: "Recovery Mission"
55. William Tyler: "Tears and Saints"
56. Mountains: "Still Life"
57. Ben Vida: "Quadsweep +2 (snkglazz iii)"
58. Maria Chavez: "Natural Disaster #2_2011"
59. Cleared: "Nova"
60. Neptune: "FIG IV"
61. Water Fai: "Tokitomori"
62. Parts & Labor: "Dokonimonai"
63. Jackie-O Motherfucker: "Blood of Life"
64. Greg Davis: "Sho Sai Myo Kichijo Dharani"
Thrill Jockey Benefit Sale!
Until further notice, Thrill Jockey's BOREDOMS and OOIOO will donate 100% of the money from the sale of the following albums:
OOIOO: Taiga, Gold and Green, and the EYE Remix EP
(Taiga) http://www.thrilljockey.com/catalog/ind ... ?id=100441
(Gold and Green) http://www.thrilljockey.com/catalog/ind ... ?id=100216
(Eye Remix EP) http://www.thrilljockey.com/catalog/ind ... ?id=100697
BOREDOMS: Super Roots 9
(Super Roots 9) http://www.thrilljockey.com/catalog/ind ... ?id=102475
Help yourself to a great record and help those desperately in need!
To ensure that the maximum amount of donations go directly to the relief effort, proceeds from the sale of these albums will benefit smaller volunteer and/or non-profits who are already on the ground working with survivors and their families. Groups such as Civic Force, Peace Winds, and the Fukushima Prefecture municipality.
Music news, rumors, what you're listening to, how you're listening to it and whether it's all on the up-and-up.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest