HOMOsapien needs music recomendations

Music news, rumors, what you're listening to, how you're listening to it and whether it's all on the up-and-up.
HOMOsapien

HOMOsapien needs music recomendations

Postby HOMOsapien » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Every once in a while I float a thread like this at another music centered forum I post at. I'll try it here and see if anything interesting happens.

If I like:

Roy Montgomery – "Songs from the South Island"
Disappears – "Lux"
Aun – "VII"
Melvins – "Houdini"
Swans – "Love of Life"
Radiohead – "Kid A"
Cave – "Psychic Psummer"
Alps – "Le Voyage"
Lau Nau – "Nukkuu"

What else would I like?

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Re: HOMOsapien needs music recomendations

Postby Remember_Me » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:15 pm

You might be better off searching those songs out on any of the myriad internet based music services out there. It's their job to find and recommend music to you based on your previous searches or ratings. They spend millions to try and turn you on to other music based on your searching and rating preferences.

You also have to be proactive. When a song comes on, take a moment to give it a rating. Just like on Netflix. The more you rate the music, the better the results they'll throw your way. I've discovered countless bands this way that I may never have known about. It's not yet a perfect system, but it works more often than not.

And just about any music service does this sort of thing these days. I like some of the songs you listed. But my response would have been to listen to more Slayer and White Stripes. So not sure that would have helped you much!

Try a few of the music services and see which one best suits your particular tastes. Many let you create your own "station" or you can browse the stations of others. Just remember to be proactive in helping them help you.

Not many days go by where I don't go to Amazon to buy a track (or 10) from an artist I just discovered that was sent my way based on my preferences. I find this to be a lot better way to discover new music than the old way of just asking random people what they like.

Hope it works for you too!

green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:22 pm

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:04 pm

green union terrace chair wrote:http://www.pandora.com/

Exactly.

acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:20 pm

However, if your search is more focused as to, say, music that would probably make your dick hard because it has made another's hard previously, this would still be the place to, ahem, come.

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:36 pm

acereraser wrote:However, if your search is more focused as to, say, music that would probably make your dick hard because it has made another's hard previously, this would still be the place to, ahem, come.

Indeed.

In fact, one of the nicest places I've ever come across.

artpaul
Forum God/Goddess

Postby artpaul » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:52 pm

You try typing in those artist at http://www.last.fm which even has an Art Paul Schlosser podcast

Return to “General Music”