Instrument of the Day

Music news, rumors, what you're listening to, how you're listening to it and whether it's all on the up-and-up.
GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:17 pm

rrnate wrote:Heh. I'm just giving you guys a hard time. Actually, I have no problem w/ y'all talking shop.

It's probably insecurity - I've played in bands for like, ten years, and I'm still about as ignorant as ever when it comes to gear.

I rescind my former jab. Proceed!

--nt--

RR-I gotta break it to ya-The Peavey bass...just not gettin it...s' kinda pre-pimply, jr. high, bought at a pawn shop kinda thing...time to let it go...you, my friend, deserve better...times right for an upgrade.

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:30 pm

GenieU wrote:
rrnate wrote:Heh. I'm just giving you guys a hard time. Actually, I have no problem w/ y'all talking shop.

It's probably insecurity - I've played in bands for like, ten years, and I'm still about as ignorant as ever when it comes to gear.

--nt--

RR-I gotta break it to ya-The Peavey bass...just not gettin it...s' kinda pre-pimply, jr. high, bought at a pawn shop kinda thing...time to let it go...you, my friend, deserve better...times right for an upgrade.

He's absolutely right. It is time for an upgrade.......to a Peavey T40.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:23 pm

Kyle Motor wrote:
GenieU wrote:

--nt--

He's absolutely right. It is time for an upgrade.......to a Peavey T40.

Actually, my peavey just upped and died on me. I've been playing some fancy Ibanez Bass w/ five knobs for the last month, and it's admittedly pretty sweet. The action is way better, and it puts out.

However, the stickers are not as cool.

--nt--

jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:39 pm

wow! It's the end of an era.
You got alot of good use out of one of the crappiest basses made.
How's your Fender amp holding up?

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:01 pm

jammybastard wrote:wow! It's the end of an era.
You got alot of good use out of one of the crappiest basses made.

It's hard to say goodbye, but the wiring on the inside was literally falling apart, and it became too unreliable. (It cut out on me two shows in a row.)

jammybastard wrote:How's your Fender amp holding up?

I've actually mostly been using two gigantic mesaboogie speakers w/ a hardtke head lately, which is louder than I can think.

However, I just used the Bassman at a show at Genna's on Sunday, and it sounded like a champ.

I've also had a few run-ins w/ a certain "Custom" Amp played by a certain bass player in a certain band, and while I'm still convinced that it houses the spirit of a middle-aged mexican man, that also sounds pretty good.

--nt--

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:19 pm

rrnate wrote:I've also had a few run-ins w/ a certain "Custom" Amp played by a certain bass player in a certain band, and while I'm still convinced that it houses the spirit of a middle-aged mexican man, that also sounds pretty good.

That amp will hate you if you don't spell it with a "K". I will hate you if you don't spell it with a "K".

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:23 pm

rrnate wrote:I've also had a few run-ins w/ a certain "Custom" Amp played by a certain bass player in a certain band, and while I'm still convinced that it houses the spirit of a middle-aged mexican man, that also sounds pretty good.

Have you seen the housing for that Kustom? It's big enough to house the man himself. 1200W of my thunderous blunders. I'm like totally afraid of blowing a speaker at the wrong moment now. I'm not sure what wattage my 15" is but it probably ain't rated more than 250W. Gotta be careful. I really didn't have to worry about that with the 125W GK or the Peavey Delta I used before.

For sale: GK Backline 250 bass amp
For sale: Peavey Delta bass amp
To good homes, especially the Peavey.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:09 pm

Kyle Motor wrote:

That amp will hate you if you don't spell it with a "K". I will hate you if you don't spell it with a "K".

That's my bad. I apologize. Also, I can't have you hating me. Would you join my ska band please?

--nt--

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:12 pm

rrnate wrote:That's my bad. I apologize. Also, I can't have you hating me. Would you join my ska band please?

No. I'm in too many bands.

But if I weren't in too many bands.......no.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:06 pm

Kyle Motor wrote:
rrnate wrote:That's my bad. I apologize. Also, I can't have you hating me. Would you join my ska band please?

No. I'm in too many bands.

But if I weren't in too many bands.......no.

I know a maybe when I see one.

--nt--

jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:07 pm

Well Nate, I've got a really nice Ampeg head and cab, with roadcase if you ever want to buy something that's really gig worthy.
I'll even throw in an extra Ampeg cab with a 15" spkr. gratis.

juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:36 am

jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:39 pm

juanton wrote:Nice Park

OOOhhhhh! Me likey!

juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:41 pm

jammybastard wrote:

OOOhhhhh! Me likey!

Yeah it looks cool except for what I think may be a modification. There appears to an extra pot(master volume?) in the middle of the 4 input jacks.

jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:14 pm

juanton wrote:
jammybastard wrote:

OOOhhhhh! Me likey!

Yeah it looks cool except for what I think may be a modification. There appears to an extra pot(master volume?) in the middle of the 4 input jacks.

Mister Mike Patrick would know...he loves this kind of stuff....oh Mikey...?

Return to “General Music”