Dane dances

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Dane dances

Postby Beaver » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:38 pm

Get up and boogie every Friday night in August.

http://www.danedances.org/

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Dane dances

Postby penquin » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:46 pm

The party just got started and the roof is already a-rockin'

This is a great Madison event. Good music, good food, and a whole lot of people-watching & bumping into old friends (literally!)

Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:30 pm

At the risk of provoking Needy, I think Dane Dances is the most racially diverse event in Madison.

Neade
Forum Addict

Postby Neade » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:13 pm

The number of white, establishment Madison people who call DD "the most diverse event in Madison!!1!" is incredible. It must be true!

I was at a cookout on the north side last weekend that was pretty diverse: white, black, hmong, hispanic. Kids running the DJ setup jacking their phones in for a song or two. Zero politicians, though, so it didn't rate the typical overstatement by those looking to (over)compensate.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:15 pm

Oh yea, well I was at a cookout and there were black, Asian, Mexican, Indian, a couple Native Americans, a midget and two Russians. Top that big man. No DJ, so you have me beat there.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:25 pm

Neade wrote:I was at a cookout on the north side last weekend.....

No you weren't.

This shit's getting tedious.
Today alone we've been subjected to
Neade wrote:The number of white, establishment Madison people who call DD "the most diverse event in Madison!!1!" is incredible.

Neade wrote:There's true progressivism and then there's the brand practiced in Madison, where people show up and say, "How dare you question my progressive ideals! I live on the east side of Madison, for the love of Gaia!"

Neade wrote:I call it the Willy Street Co-op syndrome, wherein you stand around the coffee counter nodding your head in agreement with a guy who lives two houses away and has the same graduate degree you have, albeit with an undergrad degree from a liberal arts school in a whole other part of Minnesota (Carleton and Macalaster are TOTALLY different schools, yo).

None of these people exist outside of Neade's fevered imagination of course. Just a trollish troll trolling for troll's sake.

Return to “Madison Music”