Kelli & The ShadowMen - In Concert@The Annex February 10

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
publiciteeguy

Kelli & The ShadowMen - In Concert@The Annex February 10

Postby publiciteeguy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:09 am

“Get out there and tour…play every city. Get your name out there. Get dirty! Realize that the labels are not going to help a new band as much as you can help yourself. My dad did it, Elvis did it. It’s just going back to the old ways of music...keep going down that road.” – KELLI

(MADISON, WI) - The previous quotes accurately reflect the mind-set and work ethic of Kelli & The ShadowMen, currently on tour throughout North America and soon, the world.
Kelli & the ShadowMen perform locally at The Annex, 1206 Regent St., Madison, Wednesday, February 10. 8 p.m. No cover. Info: (608) 256-7750 or log onto http://www.intheannex.com.
Front and center of this exciting five-piece band is multi-talented vocalist/songwriter, Kelli, who was the subject of a Cover Story in the current issue of ALL ACCESS MAGAZINE as well as in the October issue of SoCal monthly, WHATS UP. The daughter of famed country singer Johnny Lidell (known for the hit song, “Primrose Lane”) was originally an actress (with a lead role in long-running TV hit, THE LIFE OF GRIZZLY ADAMS), producer, and director – with over twenty-eight movies to her credit.
Early on Kelli signed to CBS Records, before a serious auto accident short-circuited her music career. After many years of painful rehabilitation --during which time Kelli founded and created non-profit L.A.-based organization, the Second Chance Foundation, “for people who were given a second chance at pursuing their life-long dreams” – the diminutive singer with a big voice is back with a vengeance, stronger than ever. A prime example of Kelli’s strong-as-iron will and determination is summed up by her catchy original, “Can’t:” “I despise the word can’t…it’s too easy a crutch to get out of things,” she says. “Never say it. If you can dream it you can do it.”
Kelli & The ShadowMen’s “The Big Black Bus” is a sight to behold: A Tour Bus that is nearly fifty feet long and fully equipped with beds, bathrooms, bar and state-of-the-art living quarters, enabling the band to travel in style. “I’m always excited when we tour because I have my family with me,” she says. “There’s nothing like sitting on the bus and talking and laughing. Sometimes it gets a little rough on the bus…good thing I had a brother but now I have a brother times five. I really love it..the best thing is that we all get along.”
Kelli calls the band’s Sturgis show this past Summer as “life-changing…what a great bunch of people!” Recalling her performances there, she said, “at the end of the show a lady who was dancing and flashing her ta-tas the whole night walked up to the stage and said, “I lost my eye.” The whole band helped her find it. What a night…when I really think about it I think we see more ta-tas than any plastic surgeon!,” she says with a laugh.
Catch the excitement of Kelli & The ShadowMen when they come through your town.

Jan. 22 (Fri.) THE BUFFALO ROSE Golden, CO
Jan. 23 (Sat.) THE REDSTONE ROOM Colorado Springs, CO
Jan. 26 (Tues.) 18TH ST. BAR & GRILLE Scottsbluff, NE
Jan. 27 (Wed.) THE ZOO BAR Lincoln, NE
Jan. 28 (Thurs.) TAVERN ON GREEN Lee’s Summit, MO
Jan. 29 (Fri.) HULL AVE. TAVERN Des Moines, IA
Jan. 30 (Sat.) PENNY ROAD PUB Barrington, IL
Feb. 3 (Wed.) THE NESTOR TAVERN Fargo, ND
Feb. 5 (Fri.) LOST ISLE EVENT CENTER Carlton, MN
Feb. 6 (Sat.) LOG CABIN TAVERN South Range, WI
Feb. 10 (Wed.) THE ANNEX Madison, WI
Feb. 12 (Fri.) WILBERT’S Cleveland, OH