SCATZ failing badly

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
livemusic

SCATZ failing badly

Postby livemusic » Fri May 08, 2009 11:31 pm

I had a bad experience at Scatz, and I am never going back. I advise everyone to avoid this place. The recent reviews of Scatz are also negative:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/scatz-sports-ba ... -middleton

http://77square.com/food/restaurants/re ... ory_431886

http://77square.com/music/reviews/story_449626

Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Re: SCATZ failing badly

Postby Michael Patrick » Sat May 09, 2009 4:37 am

A restaurant so good, we dare to call it "Scatz..."

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Sat May 09, 2009 10:35 am

livemusic wrote:I had a bad experience at Scatz, and I am never going back. I advise everyone to avoid this place. The recent reviews of Scatz are also negative:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/scatz-sports-ba ... -middleton

http://77square.com/food/restaurants/re ... ory_431886

http://77square.com/music/reviews/story_449626

So everyone should now avoid Scatz due to the tremendous weight of your single, no-details post? Right.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Sat May 09, 2009 11:25 am

hey now. "livemusic" has certainly earned our trust with it's one drive by attack. How dare you demand any sort of details to back it up.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Sat May 09, 2009 11:38 am

Also the yelp reviews aren't very helpful. It's great that everyone mentioned the owners drug habits, the history of fail that is the entertainment director, and the fashions worn by the customers but what about those haystack onion rings and reasonable drink prices? This whole thing reeks of disgruntled employee or perhaps scorned love. Is that what reviews are for? Personal attacks?

HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Sat May 09, 2009 1:05 pm

fisticuffs wrote:......the history of fail that is the entertainment director.......

:lol:

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Sat May 09, 2009 1:59 pm

Mmmmm...now that's good shit!

oranger
Forum Addict

Postby oranger » Mon May 11, 2009 10:24 am

Lots of cokehead hate on that yelp thread. I've been to Scatz once for an afternoon burger, a little pricey but it was good. It seemed like a coverband bar not much different than the Dry Bean or the Badger Bowl (as far as entertainment selection). The bar itself seemed cleaner than those spots, though. Lots of TVs, pool tables and the sound equipment looked new. Although, I wouldn't go out there for drink or 5 (because a cab ride from Middleton to downtown is a bit pricey and long) if I lived on the west side it could make for an interesting evening.

Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Mon May 11, 2009 10:52 am

I would like MadMind to go check it out and report back with his review and opinions. C'mon MadMind, its supposed to be a pickup joint, get us the low down.

wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Mon May 11, 2009 1:02 pm

I know a couple of younger guys that go cougar hunting here from time to time, to no success from what I've heard. I've been once a few months back, and I can't really complain. My friend had rented out a side room for a party and there were a few chafing dishes with appetizers (chicken wings, etc.) that didn't much interest me. The waitress was pleasant enough, there was a hockey game on one of the many TVs, and there was Winter Skal in sufficient quantities that the cover bands playing that night started to sound alright. Not my kind of place overall, but some of a horror stories thrown around seem exaggerated.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Mon May 11, 2009 2:26 pm

I'd never heard of the place, but ya know ... morlock.
Yelp and 77 Square made me shudder. Except for blunt. The writing in some of those 'reviews' seemed like one person had their hand in multiple sock puppets.
Sounds like somebody's got an axe & coca to grind. Duh: Coke addicts suck.
All those negative reviews just make me want to check it out.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Tue May 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Coke addicts suck.
Good one.
Yer right: methinks they all protesteth way too much.
I would never complain about a good drug den.
But these sock puppies aren't just complaining, they're stomping around like Carrie Nation.
Besides, once you're coked up, who cares about food?

HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:50 pm

Channel 3 had a story about Scatz tonight. Apparently, Middleton wants the club listed as a nuisance due to noise complaints and police calls.

The story isn't posted yet, but I found this.

When I mentioned Scatz to some of my friends, their comments were all similar, "I hear that place isn't doing so well."

LLUrbanUnderachiever
Forum Addict

Postby LLUrbanUnderachiever » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:30 pm

HeyZeus wrote:Channel 3 had a story about Scatz tonight. Apparently, Middleton wants the club listed as a nuisance due to noise complaints and police calls.

When I mentioned Scatz to some of my friends, their comments were all similar, "I hear that place isn't doing so well."

Noise complaints from who? People eating lettuce wraps at PF Changs and all-you-can-eat wings at Quaker Steak?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:50 am

LLUrbanUnderachiever wrote:
HeyZeus wrote:Channel 3 had a story about Scatz tonight. Apparently, Middleton wants the club listed as a nuisance due to noise complaints and police calls.

Noise complaints from who? People eating lettuce wraps at PF Changs and all-you-can-eat wings at Quaker Steak?

People staying at the hotel next door who are trying to sleep at night.

Return to “Madison Music”