Attn: Tag, Darwin, Cathy, etc

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
benfury
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Attn: Tag, Darwin, Cathy, etc

Postby benfury » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:03 pm

Jeribelle wrote:
benfury wrote:
Jeribelle wrote:METRIC! METRIC! METRIC!!!!!!!

For the love of god, METRIC!

they were here in 2006.

you missed you hipster boat cruise

No I didn't, I was there.

They are releasing a new album this year, meanie pants.

well, im glad you made it. so i cant be that mean.

the new album would explain me seeing their name popping up on peoples last.fm and shit more and more. (not that its out, but they are cool again)

ps - bring back the dirtbombs!

shaneface
Forum Addict

Postby shaneface » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:53 am

Off the top of my head:

-Dynasty Handbag
-The Mae Shi
-The Evaporators
-Black Diamond Heavies
-Antony & The Johnsons
-Passion Pit
-Health

NOW.

charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:21 pm

I second the return of the Dirtbombs. Also way in agreement with Shane about Health. That band needs to play Madison and they are constantly on the road.

One thing to bitch about, why the fuck don't the Paybacks play our isthmus anymore?!? That band fucking rules and Detroit ain't that far away.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:33 pm

My wish list (not nearly as eclectic as the rest of the posts here but I am old and lame what can I say?):

Nada Surf ( was out of town for the Annex show a few years back)
Spoon
OKGo ( the UW only party doesn't do me much good)
Crooked Fingers (please please please)
Propaghandi ( they are out there touring right now in support of their most recent bad ass album).

Also if possible my band should be booked as the opener for these and any other cool show that gets booked.

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:47 pm

charliedon'tsurf wrote:One thing to bitch about, why the fuck don't the Paybacks play our isthmus anymore?!? That band fucking rules and Detroit ain't that far away.

I don't think they're playing at all these days, which is a damn dirty shame.

charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:09 pm

Kyle Motor wrote:
charliedon'tsurf wrote:One thing to bitch about, why the fuck don't the Paybacks play our isthmus anymore?!? That band fucking rules and Detroit ain't that far away.

I don't think they're playing at all these days, which is a damn dirty shame.
That is indeed a damn dirty shame. I checked out the Paybacks myspace and they do appear to be in a state hibernation, which for the record, I do not approve of. In my world the only acceptable reason for such actions would be if Wendy Case and myself fell in love, got married and raised kids. That fantastic band is basically the Rolling Stones at their peek, but replacing annoying fancy lad Mick Jagger with a lanky, hot and talented Midwestern gal who is solid on guitar and has an incredible voice.

Changing subjects, I second the Propagandhi request. I think they could probably pack the Barrymore if it was their only Wisconsin appearance. Supporting Cast(e) is an exceptional record and I would love to see those songs live.

LPLRadio

Postby LPLRadio » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:47 pm

charliedon'tsurf wrote:In my world the only acceptable reason for such actions would be if Wendy Case and myself fell in love, got married and raised kids.

Sorry, Jake my friend...I think you may have missed the boat on that one (plus I think several other Madison fans would've fist-fought you for that privilege, ha ha). I believe she did get married recently - at the last Dirtbombs show one of the guys mentioned she got engaged, anyway.

Incidentally the Cynics would like to play Madison, perhaps in July. I would like them to do that too.

Return to “Madison Music”