Shipping 35 pounds of CDs to Europe

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
flanneljammies
Forum Addict

Shipping 35 pounds of CDs to Europe

Postby flanneljammies » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:25 pm

I need some advice folks. What's the best way (cheapest, no tariffs) to send 125 CDs to Germany? Doesn't have to be fast. Some of you local label folks or touring band must have some experience with this sort of thing. Thanks.
Last edited by flanneljammies on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Shipping 35 pounds of CDs to Europe

Postby juanton » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:38 am

Why not send the wav files and artwork to a small run pressing joint in Europe via FTP or something?

Other than that, I've got nothing.

KenCheppaikode

Postby KenCheppaikode » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:00 pm

take the jewel cases off and just ship the CD's/paper parts.

mark 'em as "Gift" on the customs tag and value them @ $1 each.

charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:18 pm

UPS is probably the cheapest. Other than that I got nothing except what Ken said. If you can get away with having the krauts put your package together with jewel cases on the other side of the pond it will save some money. Not shipping 125 jewel cases will make a world of difference.

Hijacking the thread:
Hi Ken! If you feel like it would be swell if you could ship promo copies of the new Ergs and Marked Men to WORT. I'll play the frigging bejeezuz out of them the next couple months. I'm poor, jobless and buying less records as a result.

To the rest of you, Dritnap Records is very well worth your support. That Sun Prairie boy done good.

KenCheppaikode

Postby KenCheppaikode » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:29 pm

if you're shipping w/o jewel cases, cram 'em into several USPS flat rate boxes. that'll be by far the cheapest option.

if you are shipping with jewel cases, UPS might be yer best bet.......

thanks Jake! I got a radio company promo-ing those titles, but I'll send you copies just in case WORT ain't on their list.

I'm not from Sun Prairie, though! (you must be confusing me with Dave Zero!) I'm a lifelong east-sider, except I lived on Regent St for a year when I was in 3rd grade............

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:41 pm

You could ship them in partially-filled shampoo bottles to mask to smell. Oh wait ...

charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:36 pm

KenCheppaikode wrote: I'm not from Sun Prairie, though! (you must be confusing me with Dave Zero!) I'm a lifelong east-sider, except I lived on Regent St for a year when I was in 3rd grade............
Sorry about the egregious insult. I thought it was Sun Prairie. I might be in Portland this spring. I'll buy you a beer to reconcile.

Return to “Madison Music”