Wilco in town on Saturday??

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
Archipants
Forum Addict

Wilco in town on Saturday??

Postby Archipants » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:30 am

The WSJ wrote that Wilco will be performing here in Madison on Saturday... something to do with a Concert for Change event. Wilco has nothing definite on their website.

Does anyone have more information on this? Time? Venue? Someone on another message board posted something about it being free and at the Union... what a madhouse downtown is going to be!

LoopBo
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Wilco in town on Saturday??

Postby LoopBo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:24 am

No I think you're mistaken. It's actually a Concert for Tag. He's raising money to buy a new Kangol.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:35 am

Fat.The.Gangster
Forum Addict

Postby Fat.The.Gangster » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:37 am

LoopBo wrote:No I think you're mistaken. It's actually a Concert for Tag. He's raising money to buy a new Kangol.

This is truly the funniest comment ever written in the history of TDP.

LoopBo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby LoopBo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:36 pm

Fat.The.Gangster wrote:
LoopBo wrote:No I think you're mistaken. It's actually a Concert for Tag. He's raising money to buy a new Kangol.

This is truly the funniest comment ever written in the history of TDP.

Aw shucks...thanks.

depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:43 am

Hearing about ticket distribution nightmares on mlk this morning, will post details when i have some.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:54 am

depinmad wrote:Hearing about ticket distribution nightmares on mlk this morning, will post details when i have some.

Ticket distribution nightmares on milk?

Whatever happened to acid?

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:55 am

Should I not bother to stop by the market this morning for tickets, then?

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:00 am

There was a big line all the way around the block (they were actually set up across the street from the market, in front of Milio's) when I walked over around 8:40. Looked like they were making everyone sign up for the email list to get tickets, so things were really moving slow.

depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:15 am

yeah, no actual tickets being given out, just signing up to get a ticket on the day of the show. and only a single ticket per sign up.
my wife got the very last slot about a half hour ago. they told her my son, who was with her, could sit on her lap at the show.

greeneyedlady

Postby greeneyedlady » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:31 am

Depinmad, how old is your son? I want to bring mine and hold him on my lap too. Wondering if your wife is bringing a babe in arms or a kid.

depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:33 am

he's four, but a cuddly four.

Archipants
Forum Addict

Postby Archipants » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:43 am

Yeah, it was pretty unorganized down there... but I guess that's what happens when you don't have much time to prepare. I walked over to the office on Henry St. at about 8:20 where a few kids were already standing in line. I informed them that there was already quite a line at MLK, so we all walked over since the Henry St. office wasn't suppose to open until 10:00. Apparently nothing ever happened at the Henry St. office. I guess they did the best they could with the limited time they had.

I was able to score one ticket - so my name is on the will call list - though I am wondering if I will be able to transfer the ticket to my wife on Saturday. I was thinking we could both stand in line to pick up the ticket and then I could just give it to her at that point...

Chivalry, dammit!

Bretley

Postby Bretley » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:15 am

The line at MLK wasn't bad at all, I didn't think. Line didn't go around the block, only around the corner and down about mid-block at its peak (after some people waiting asked, "Oh, this isn't the line to vote?"). I got there at 8:40 and was done a little over an hour later. While the organizers did announce at one point that there were only four tickets left for the general public (one line for UW students/faculty/staff, one for non-UW), they did have enough so that I and a few others who were waiting in line behind depinmad's wife and son got a ticket. The UW line was still going.

As far as the parents with small kids along went, organizers said as long as they take up a seat, they could sign up for a ticket.

Return to “Madison Music”