Show Posters... who makes 'em?

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
hardmf

Show Posters... who makes 'em?

Postby hardmf » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:39 pm

Looking for someone to come up with interesting, cool, (inexpensive!) band posters. Or maybe recommend a program I can buy/download to make our own?

We're pretty novice at this stuff.

superman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby superman » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:54 pm

Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:15 pm

I don't know who did the work, but the Knuckel Drager van repair benefit from a couple years ago at the HNS was brilliant...I'd want to get that person.

It was a take on the front of a Haynes van repair manual and very cool. I have a handbill copy of it over the workbench in the batcave.

Anybody know who did it?

Laboratory

Re: Show Posters... who makes 'em?

Postby Laboratory » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:39 pm

hardmf wrote:Looking for someone to come up with interesting, cool, (inexpensive!) band posters. Or maybe recommend a program I can buy/download to make our own?

I have made a few posters (and I actually get paid to be a graphic designer in real life, in case that means something) and I have always wanted to do a band poster. So if you are nice, I'd design'em for free... printing them would cost something depending on how many, number of colors, paper, etc... i'd be able to recommend somebody for that depending on what you needed...

Program-wise, you'd need something like Adobe InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator (there are less-expensive alternatives that aren't as good) which could cost $1500... or you could go low-tech with a collage/photocopy approach, so you'd need some scissors, glue/tape and a photocopier...

juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:57 pm

Walter wrote:I don't know who did the work, but the Knuckel Drager van repair benefit from a couple years ago at the HNS was brilliant...I'd want to get that person.

It was a take on the front of a Haynes van repair manual and very cool. I have a handbill copy of it over the workbench in the batcave.

Anybody know who did it?

Rob Oman of Knuckeldrager and RobOmanOneManBand?

hardmf

Postby hardmf » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:41 pm

Laboratory wrote:
hardmf wrote:Looking for someone to come up with interesting, cool, (inexpensive!) band posters. Or maybe recommend a program I can buy/download to make our own?

I have made a few posters (and I actually get paid to be a graphic designer in real life, in case that means something) and I have always wanted to do a band poster. So if you are nice, I'd design'em for free... printing them would cost something depending on how many, number of colors, paper, etc... i'd be able to recommend somebody for that depending on what you needed...

Program-wise, you'd need something like Adobe InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator (there are less-expensive alternatives that aren't as good) which could cost $1500... or you could go low-tech with a collage/photocopy approach, so you'd need some scissors, glue/tape and a photocopier...

Hey Lab...we would love to have a real deal graphic artist whip something up!

How do I get ahold of you?

Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bunny Chow » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:57 pm

Girlfriends of the guitarist....or the guy who can't afford to by the eighth of weed he weasles out of the drummer.

That's who makes the posters.

Laboratory

Postby Laboratory » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:01 am

hardmf wrote:
Laboratory wrote:

Not sure. What is the safest way to exchange contact info here without risking being spammed back to the stone age?

hardmf

Postby hardmf » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:11 pm

Laboratory wrote:
hardmf wrote:
Laboratory wrote:

Not sure. What is the safest way to exchange contact info here without risking being spammed back to the stone age?

ffrmadison@yahoo.com

I'll be out of town until Sunday.
You can check out our stuff in the meantime...
www.myspace.com/trafficandbosses

Thank You!

droidsattack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby droidsattack » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:57 pm

Sooper Dooper prints up to 12x18 size full color for $1 a piece. Even less depending on the quantity or if you are a repeat customer. We even do some design if you need it. More pricing and options on the site - http://www.sooperdooper.net.

shaneface
Forum Addict

Postby shaneface » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:45 pm

Grace Lorentz has always made us AWESOME posters. You can see some of her artwork here:

http://www.fcs5000.com/grace_lorentz/portfolio.html

ALSO, Jenna Borchert does rad rad artwork and great flyers.

They're both on MySpace and Facebook and other such sites. FIND 'EM!!

Return to “Madison Music”