Post Transformation Thoughts

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Post Transformation Thoughts

Postby harrissimo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:22 pm

It's Monday after the big weekend.

Forward festival is over.

Willy Street festival has ended.

"The autumn leaves fly past my window...la di da"

How's the tranformation coming along?

Who was that band with chicks wearing wigs and the double keyboards that played the kids stage at the Willy St fest. They were great. My favorite band of the weekend!

I didn't hear them but I got reports that 17 hippies were very good.

Why wasn't there one frickin' jazz group at the Willy Street fair? Would it be too much to have one jazz group on the bill for crying out loud?

Is it true that Killdozer is the bestest band ever? Am I the only one getting kind of tired of hearing about frickin' Killdozer. It must be because I'm like a hundred frickin' years old and almost ready to collect social security but like enough already with Killdozer. It's like "dozer" is the right word as in "dozing" off to sleep.

To refresh your memories Headliners was a shit hole. I remember when Paul Black hit Mark Koenig over the head with a mic stand. Of course, none of you kids knows what the fuck I'm talking about. Except Bunny Chow who was probably there that night.

I wanted to hear Whore Du Jour but by 3:30 PM I needed my nap. Getting old is a bitch.

The Pistols At Dawn played a great set and were the only band with any decent weed.

toniziemer
Forum Addict

Postby toniziemer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:30 pm

Did you mean Mark Haynes or Bruce Koenig? Glad that's the memory you tried to share about Paul Black. Nice and positive...
Or maybe you meant this Mark Koenig http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Koenig Paul likes baseball...

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:38 pm

Paul Black hit Chekhov with a nuclear wessel?

I love that movie Meet Paul Black where the crew has to go back in time for some reason to harpoon whales.

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:38 pm

toniziemer wrote:Did you mean Mark Haynes or Bruce Koenig? Glad that's the memory you tried to share about Paul Black. Nice and positive...
Or maybe you meant this Mark Koenig http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Koenig Paul likes baseball...

No I meant Mark Koenig who was Bruce's brother. Paul Black being Paul Black clanked him over the head with a mic stand because Mark Koenig told Paul that he didn't have to help moving the gear after the gig. Paul took it as an insult even though Mark was trying to do Paul a favor because Paul was too drunk to really move any equipment. Paul took it the wrong way.
This was probably around 1973 1974.

Just one of many stories.

eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Post Transformation Thoughts

Postby eriedasch » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:49 pm

harrissimo wrote:Why wasn't there one frickin' jazz group at the Willy Street fair? Would it be too much to have one jazz group on the bill for crying out loud?

Search me. I'm still trying to figure out why no metal bands at Jazz at 5 this year? Or why no punk bands ever play at the Magnus?

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:21 pm

eriedasch wrote:
harrissimo wrote:Why wasn't there one frickin' jazz group at the Willy Street fair? Would it be too much to have one jazz group on the bill for crying out loud?

Search me. I'm still trying to figure out why no metal bands at Jazz at 5 this year? Or why no punk bands ever play at the Magnus?

Let me help you out Eric.

Jazz at 5, as its name suggests, is a "Jazz" event and The Magnus is a "jazz" club. Get it?

Meanwhile, the Willy Street Fair is a neighborhood festival that is supposed to represent, well, the entire neighborhood. And there are several stages for a variety of types of music. And I know quite a few jazz fans and musicians in the neighborhood. So it's not much of a stretch of the imagination to say that it would be nice to have a least one jazz group represented on one of the stages. If that is ok with you Eric? With all due respect etc. I mean you wouldn't have a problem with that Eric would you. And I hope you don't feel that I am a mean-spirited negative person showing disrepect for the community for pointing this out.

Peace Out!

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:29 pm

I think what Eric is saying is that by Definition a "Willy Street Fair" would be full of damn dirty hippies and therefor only jam bands. Some of those Jam bands may even refer to themselves as some variety of "Jazz" although someone like you Harris surely wouldn't see it that way (neither do I).

meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:14 pm

Maybe as a protest you could stage The Willy Street Un-Fair

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:31 am

meowzamusic wrote:Maybe as a protest you could stage The Willy Street Un-Fair

I just wrote the press release...

Join Harissimo and various other whiners as they take you through an improvisational journey of tonal complaint! Marvel as the ivories are tickled with issues big and small! Stick around for the encore of the jazziest persecution complex in the midwest!

***No jam bands allowed.

keelio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby keelio » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:40 pm

harrissimo wrote:Who was that band with chicks wearing wigs and the double keyboards that played the kids stage at the Willy St fest. They were great. My favorite band of the weekend!

Madgadders Band - featuring several VO5'ers, hence the proclivity for wigs and other accoutrements

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:28 pm

keelio wrote:
harrissimo wrote:Who was that band with chicks wearing wigs and the double keyboards that played the kids stage at the Willy St fest. They were great. My favorite band of the weekend!

Madgadders Band - featuring several VO5'ers, hence the proclivity for wigs and other accoutrements

Thanks for letting me know who they were. I thought they were excellent. Do they play out regularly or was this a special one-time thing?

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:33 pm

rrnate wrote:rrnate's typical immature bullshit

Blow me you fucking asshole...

<sorry about being so whiny. I have punk intolerance>

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:54 pm

harrissimo wrote:typical immature bullshit

harrissimo wrote:Blow me you fucking asshole...

?

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:11 pm

Kyle Motor wrote:
harrissimo wrote:typical immature bullshit

harrissimo wrote:Blow me you fucking asshole...

?

Jazz does strange things to a person, such as leading one to equate sex and rage. Have you ever seen the Seinfeld episode where George gets food and sex all mixed up? That's kind of like Harissimo and indignation.

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:33 pm

rrnate wrote:Have you ever seen the Seinfeld episode where George gets food and sex all mixed up? That's kind of like Harissimo and indignation.

That was a funny episode. Of course they were all funny. When I think of you I am reminded of the shrinkage episode. What I am really ticked off about though is that you keep spelling harrissimo with an upper case "H". It should be lower case. So if you could be so kind, Thank you. Carry on with your insulting I love the attention.

Return to “Madison Music”