Stab Worthy?

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
Anthony
Forum Addict

Postby Anthony » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:30 am

The Piña Colada Song. Curse you Rupert Holmes.

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:05 am

narcoleptish wrote:Red red wine = stab stab stab

If we're talking about the smooth Tony Tribe cover, I'll have to disagree with you. If we're talking about the cheesy UB40 cover that probably convinced rrnate to get into fratboy ska, then stab away. (*ducks*)

And while we're at it, let's add "Mustang Sally" to the mix. I'm usually a calm guy, but that song angers up my blood.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:08 am

Anything by Celine Dion.

lysander
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lysander » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:21 am

Anything from the Grease soundtrack. Seriously, that shit should be quarantined by now. I will actually finish my drink and leave whenever that evil shit comes on. Kind of like what Black people do when a whole bunch of country music comes on.

Shipley - why the Beastie Boy hate? You seem cooler than that.

ms4denmark
Forum Addict

Postby ms4denmark » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:42 am

Anything by Nickelback. Every night I'm working and one comes on, I've already hit my limit and have to resist the urge to kill the song. Hate, hate, hates it.

Learned
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Learned » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:57 am

Kid Rock or Fred Durst. Is that nu metal? What's wrong with the 'old' metal?

charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:27 am

Life is a Highway
Every single note recorded by Poison
Who Let the Dogs Out
Bluegrass (all)

GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:19 pm

One time in college this girl went on a jag of playing "Ain't no sunshine when shes gone" over and over again while drunkenly stumbling and moping around...Its not a bad song by any means but the refrain "I know , I know..." got especially tiresome really fast...Unfortunately the bar tolerated this for days on end and she never seemed to run out of quarters either.

Later that year she died in a car wreck. Its always been a bad association that I remember her mostly for being annoying. To this day the song itself also has a wierd feel to it for me.

Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:24 pm

Flock <stab> of <stab> Seagulls <stab>

spanky
Forum God/Goddess

Postby spanky » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:40 pm

lysander wrote:Anything from the Grease soundtrack. Seriously, that shit should be quarantined by now. I will actually finish my drink and leave whenever that evil shit comes on.

Where the hell are you drinking that they play the Grease sundtrack???

Jeribelle
Forum Addict

Postby Jeribelle » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:06 pm

Anything by Buckcherry, especially "Crazy Bitch," and that godforsaken, gag-inducing atrocity known as "Hey There Delilah." You deserve to be stabbed if you play these songs on the jukebox.

Though not quite stab-worthy, it annoys me when people play songs on jukeboxes that could be heard 9 times on the radio on any given day. Really? You just payed a dollar to listen to Rhianna? Really? Go to your car and listen to Z-104 by yourself and quit bothering the good people of the pub!

Of course, that's just, like, my opinion.

wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:46 pm

dstol62 wrote:The college kids have made 80's pop the new 60's pop. With that in mind, I would die happy never hearing any mainstream pop from the 80's ever again (with a special emphasis on the years 1984-89).

Absolutely - I've got friends that just eat that shit up, talking about all their memories. Please - you were two years old! Your knowledge of 80's music comes from Friends flashbacks.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:12 pm

I don't what it is about "Wind Beneath My Wings", but every time I hear it I'm driven to cut bacon off the nearest person's back.

Weird, cuz normally I find Bette Midler quite endearing. Maybe I just really like bacon.

Hodgepodge

Postby Hodgepodge » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:06 pm

nevermore wrote:
And while we're at it, let's add "Mustang Sally" to the mix. I'm usually a calm guy, but that song angers up my blood.

We must be kindred spirits. I thought I was the only hater in this world. Wanna know how bad? I banned it from my wedding. Thats right, true story.

Here's another: Bob Seger...Old Time Rock n Roll. Axemurder worthy. That piano salvo in the beginning makes me want to start a fucking war.
Last edited by Hodgepodge on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:20 pm

Hodgepodge wrote:Here's another: Bob Seger...Old Time Rock n Roll. Axemurder worthy. That piano salvo in the beginning makes me want to start a fucking war.

"I think I'm gonna bomb a town..."

- Uncle L

I used to date this gal the year I was living in Cali, and one night we were sitting around in her apartment talking; she was telling me about her sister's wedding, and at one point she told me, "So the D.J. starts playing a song that got the whole room out onto the dance floor. And I think you know the song - it's called 'Old Time Rock and Roll.'"

At that very moment I realized the relationship was over, and that I had to start planning how to gracefully extricate myself.

I mean, maybe it's petty of me - but as far as I'm concerned that's pretty much the definition of 'irreconcilable differences.'

Return to “Madison Music”