Killdozer reunion

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:48 am

Great show with absolutely no light show needed.

Michael's pipes were as golden as in the olden days and his between song patter was sparkling.

The band was a little ragged here and there but I was expecting that at some point. Dan was solid on the drums, and the with the bass really laid down the slow motion pummelling we all deserved.

Bill threw himself into the show but was hampered with tuning problems. When he was in tune, the trebly counterpoint to the bottom end completed the punch in face Killdozer sound.

Paul came on for the last quarter or so of the show and two guitars just made it all the better with more volume and Volume of Sound. The double guitar power on "Cinnamon Girl"...brilliant.

Thanks for playing most of my favorites...I never thought I would ever hear "A Man's Gotta Be A Man...!" live again. And "I Am I Said" is one of best covers ever. EVER! The band nailed "LYLLYDE" and "Going To The Beach".

If you left early, you missed the final encore, after the string replacement and final tuning exercise of Bill, CCR's "Run Through The Jungle". Suckers!!

My complaints: mildly irritating feedback through PA/guitar rig when Bill wasn't playing during a couple of songs.

The David C. Boss award goes to that drunk idiot who got up on stage, yelled in the mic, and disconnected Michael's cords with his stumbling during "La Grange", bringing the song to a complete end. You, sir, are a butt lip. I knew I should have brought my wristrocket and a couple of golfballs to my balcony seat.

And no t-shirts...I was hoping there might be some NOS laying around in Killdozer's basement somewhere. Dang!

However, great job guys. It was good to see you again. You worked your hairy asses off 'til your pants were big bags of sweat and I loved it. Thanks.

boobus

Postby boobus » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:13 am

anyone have a set list? how thick was the crowd? i am sorry to have missed it.

Bifftar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bifftar » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:07 pm

Walter wrote:
The David C. Boss award goes to that drunk idiot who got up on stage, yelled in the mic, and disconnected Michael's cords with his stumbling during "La Grange", bringing the song to a complete end. You, sir, are a butt lip. I knew I should have brought my wristrocket and a couple of golfballs to my balcony seat.

That would be Brian Brecht's brother... he did a stage dive right after and barely anyone caught him. he was OK though. I think the song was pretty much over anyway.

the show fuckin' rocked, the band sounded fine (John had a great loud mix happening) and the scene was sweet; excellent Madtown turnout, great to see everyone there last night...

suzukibeen

Postby suzukibeen » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:33 pm

knuckles the dog!

droidsattack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby droidsattack » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:00 pm

I was wuite suprised by the lack of merch. No Killdozer LP's or Tribute CD's, no new shirts, nothing except some NOS 7" that you can still get at record stores around town. Bongzilla didn't bring any merch either. People kept asking me if I knew where they could buy show posters too. They would have sold if we had them there. Some Forward Fest shirts may have sold well too. It's all good though. We brought our stuff and did alright due to a lack of competition.

And the show was fun as hell. I'm still glowing from it. Awesome people, and awesome bands. Dick the Bruiser was a nice suprise.

charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:51 pm

It looks like there won't be any more Midwest Killdozer shows in 2008. The December show for the Abbey Pub in Chicago is canceled. On the brightside it looks like Killdozer will play at least one show in 2009. This is what Michael Gerald sent me minutes ago:

It seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at the Abbey Pub, and the owner booked a private party on the night of our show. At least I don't need to buy a pair of winter boots now!

We expect to line up something in 2009.

Michael

jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:23 pm

If you got the time and the spare coin I'd go see them and the [ur=http://www.funfunfunfest.com/l]FunFunFun Fest in Austin[/url].
Amazing lineup besides Killdozer.

charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:47 pm

jammybastard wrote:If you got the time and the spare coin I'd go see them and the [ur=http://www.funfunfunfest.com/l]FunFunFun Fest in Austin[/url].
Amazing lineup besides Killdozer.

Yeah if money were no object I'd be there in a second. The line-up on stage three in particular is amazing. I greatly prefer the booking for FFFF to ACL which has a strong Americana streak that I can't fully embrace. And the park FFFF in is only a few blocks from the best clubs around 6th and Red River for later in the evening. It sure is unfortunate Austin is 1,200 miles away and in Texas.

Return to “Madison Music”