Letters, Albertoni and me

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:01 pm

blunt wrote:Whoa, jjoyce!!!!!!!!
Are you serious?!!!
Comparing Allen's whining and cops mad their seamy underbellies have been exposed to Albertoni's ignorant naive harmful idiocy?
And what you say newspapers should or shouldn't do OBVIOUSLY implies complete ignorance of Isthmus' alternative anti-establishment origins and mission!!!!
Even though Isthmus has been progressively getting more mainstream, it still is considered an alternative to party-line bullshit and the friend of underground freaks.
You are scaring me.

Yeah, Blunt's got it right.
The Allen comparison is rediculous as is the continuing attempts to spin this issue.
You need to admit that Rich and The Isthmus blew it on this one. Cop to it and move on, or keep it up Jason and someday you'll make a great press secretary for the GOP.
:lol:

supereightsnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supereightsnate » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:56 pm

Ya know, while the discussion about presskits and the ole meirda verde thing is always fun, we've gotten a bit off task concerning Dave Zero's original post, which was about Albertoni's total mangling of the facts concerning the Cervenka/knucledragger show. Is it ok to play fast and loose with the facts if it's an entertainment piece? I mean, the folks that I've known at the Isthmus, past and present, take their journalistic standards pretty seriously and professionally.

jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:26 pm

supereightsnate wrote:Ya know, while the discussion about presskits and the ole meirda verde thing is always fun, we've gotten a bit off task concerning Dave Zero's original post, which was about Albertoni's total mangling of the facts concerning the Cervenka/knucledragger show. Is it ok to play fast and loose with the facts if it's an entertainment piece? I mean, the folks that I've known at the Isthmus, past and present, take their journalistic standards pretty seriously and professionally.

I disagree that we've gotten off track as all of the cases cited are evidence of less than stellar research resulting in less than stellar journalism.
What I'd like to see is the Isthmus, via Jason, make less excuses or analogies and just fix it.

Stepbrother
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stepbrother » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:44 am

jammybastard wrote:
I disagree that we've gotten off track as all of the cases cited are evidence of less than stellar research resulting in less than stellar journalism.
What I'd like to see is the Isthmus, via Jason, make less excuses or analogies and just fix it.

juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:38 am

jammybastard wrote:

And maybe acknowledge that they made some flubs instead of endlessly trying to defend their flubs with Isthmus history and we know/you don't knowisms.

I mean christ, Laskin just recently acknowledged in some thread on this forum that the last show at O'Cayz wasn't Calexico. I remember at least 2 articles where he mentioned Calexico as being the last band to play O'Cayz.

Stepbrother
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stepbrother » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:16 pm

yeah apologize to the goddamn emo kids already, don't you know they already were crying before your newspaper kicked them while they were down?

*in the dumps i mean*

stuart.b

Re: Letters, Albertoni and me

Postby stuart.b » Sun May 03, 2015 7:28 pm

Can anyone get their hands on a copy of the article Rich Albertoni wrote about MV?

Return to “Madison Music”